Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Today at 4:33 pm

» New member from Europe
rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

rear wheel bearing

Go down 
+2
Cosmic_Jumper
Siataukreg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2014-08-24

rear wheel bearing Empty
PostSubject: rear wheel bearing   rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 6:16 pm

Hi guys soon be needing to change the rear tyre i know there is a bearing on the end question is what is the bearing no. is 6004 RS the correct no. i would like to get one before i pull it apart

Last edited by siataukreg on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

rear wheel bearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wheel bearing   rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 6:35 pm

The bearing is part of the right side swing arm. The swing arm and bearing come off as one unit. Unless you know that the bearing is bad you probably won't need to replace it.

Here is a link to parts list for a 2009 SW. Hopefully that will help you identify the bearing.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Scooter/2009/FSC600A+AC/parts.html

Tim
Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

rear wheel bearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wheel bearing   rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
The bearing is part of the right side swing arm. The swing arm and bearing come off as one unit. Unless you know that the bearing is bad you probably won't need to replace it.

Here is a link to parts list for a 2009 SW. Hopefully that will help you identify the bearing.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Scooter/2009/FSC600A+AC/parts.html

Tim

Thanks for that tim i was just going to replace it regardless of condition as its on 23000 miles and i have had to do the fronts recently found one of the fronts had no seal on one side of the bearing must have been missing on original assembly i think easy to change them though
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

rear wheel bearing Empty
PostSubject: rear wheel bearing    rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 11:27 pm

As it has been said before if its not broke don't fix it. I to feel there is no reason to replace the swing arm bearing unless the bike was under water. It does not rotate but moves with the slight movement of the swing arm. It is a good idea how ever to lube the axle splines at this time. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
vmaximus
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-04-15

rear wheel bearing Empty
PostSubject: Rear wheel bearing   rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 7:23 am

I have just replaced the front wheel bearings and seals after having the wheels shot blasted and powder coated. If you intend replacing them just measure them up after you have removed them , (inside, outside diameter and width) and you will find plenty of places that sell the same size on the internet. I purchased the bearings from RS Components direct £4.75 each and the seals from Lancashire seals £4.60p for a pair off Ebay, both arrived next day. I also replaced the rear seal while the wheel was removed which I purchased from over the counter from Cassells in Mansfield. £2.50p.The size should be stamped on the outside of the seal and the bearing type number on the cover between the inner and outer race. I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

rear wheel bearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wheel bearing   rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 7:52 am

IMO, most hoo replace wheel bearings and brake pads way before they need to be replace.Honda's OEM parts are very durable .Looking at the pad's ware line's on the brake pads tells me when to replace the pads.At 90 k kl , the pads shows plenty of brake lining. The wheel bearings are inspected on a regular inspection,and at every tire change.Running my fingers inside the bearing show's no sign of waring out. Like others say if it 's not broken ,  don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
vmaximus
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-04-15

rear wheel bearing Empty
PostSubject: Rear wheel bearing   rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 9:07 am

siataukreg asked for the bearing number which I described where to look in my previous reply and did not say whether  his rear bearing was worn or not only that he wished to replace it  when he has a tyre change and for the cost of a new bearing and the time it takes to replace it that at least gives you piece of mind that it is not going to fail in the near future. Normally I would agree with you and not replace anything just for the sake of it but I find that wheel bearings/seal are not frequently looked at only when the wheel is removed which in my case is only for tyre change. I replaced my seals because water had got between the seal and shaft and rotted the inner spring and that the bearings had to be removed for powder/coating so I replaced them all at very little cost.
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

rear wheel bearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wheel bearing   rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 9:41 am

Thanks for that tim i was just going to replace it regardless of condition as its on 23000 miles and i have had to do the fronts recently found one of the fronts had no seal on one side of the bearing must have been missing on original assembly <<<<<< the seal is not missing that's a single sided seal if you want a double sided you get R6004 SS. Than number sounds familiar thinking it's a G'Wing part like other parts are on our S'Wings.
Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

rear wheel bearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wheel bearing   rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 1:40 pm

oldgwingguy wrote:
Thanks for that tim i was just going to replace it regardless of condition as its on 23000 miles and i have had to do the fronts recently found one of the fronts had no seal on one side of the bearing must have been missing on original assembly <<<<<< the seal is not missing that's a single sided seal if you want a double sided you get R6004 SS. Than number sounds familiar thinking it's a G'Wing part like other parts are on our S'Wings.

dont see why one bearing would have both seals and the other only one unless someone fitted a wrong bearing to the front wheel its was almost collapsed anyway the other was excellent got two that match in it now (sealed type)
Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

rear wheel bearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wheel bearing   rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 1:42 pm

vmaximus wrote:
I have just replaced the front wheel bearings and seals after having the wheels shot blasted and powder coated. If you intend replacing them just measure them up after you have removed them , (inside, outside diameter and width) and you will find plenty of places that sell the same size on the internet. I purchased the bearings from RS Components direct £4.75 each and the seals from Lancashire seals £4.60p for a pair off Ebay, both arrived next day. I also replaced the rear seal while the wheel was removed which I purchased from over the counter from Cassells in Mansfield. £2.50p.The size should be stamped on the outside of the seal and the bearing type number on the cover between the inner and outer race. I hope this helps.

already done the fronts its the bearing no. of the rear one that i am after (not om part no.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rear wheel bearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wheel bearing   rear wheel bearing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rear wheel bearing
Page 1 of 1