Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Today at 5:50 pm

» noise under load
New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Today at 4:16 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Today at 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chtwhite
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-08-01

New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing Empty
PostSubject: New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing   New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 3:18 pm

I just purchased a used 2007 Swing.  5600 Miles.  I bought the Silverwing in Tulsa and I live in OKC. I'm in the Military here getting ready to retire in about a year after 31 years. Over the years I've had many motorcycles and was looking at getting a CTX 700 because I like the AT feature. But then I ran across this SW and I thought about the Burgman I owned and how that was the perfect bike for getting around the City. For what I want to use it for - the SW is perfect.

I have changed the oil and final gear oil.  Next I want to change the brake fluid and coolant.  I do have a couple questions; 1).  The manual says the oil change capacity 2.3 quarts with a filter change.  When I changed it out 2.3 quarts barely put oil on the dipstick.  Clearly I do not what to overfill the oil capacity but it shows very low.  Barely on the stick.  What do you think?  

I had a Burgman 400 a couple years ago.  Sold it and bought a 2001 Valkyrie for longer road trips.  Around town it's a little big so I decided I wanted another scooter.  I like the scooter for the close in commute and daily rider.  The scooter is a hoot and it's so easy to ride.

chtwhite

Last edited by chtwhite on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing   New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 8:18 pm

welcome chtwhite welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web. Thank you for your introduction. It would be better to start a new topic in Maintenance, Tips and Hints. But to answer your question "What do you think?" I need to think about that.

If you are looking forward to learning and plan on doing your own maintenance you'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum.
I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some work.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing   New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 10:50 pm

welcome and a big thanks for the introduction. Happy to have you aboard. welcome

Re oil change. My owners manual (2008) and service manual both say approximately 2.3 U.S. quart is needed after changing oil and filter. I assume the change and measurement were done with the scooter on the center stand on a level surface. I would add a bit more to bring it to the mid point, ride the scooter and recheck and add more to bring to the upper mark if needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing   New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Owner of a 2007 Honda Siverwing
Page 1 of 1