Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nyarlotep
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light Empty
PostSubject: Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light   Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 6:14 am

My 2002 Silverwing's v-belt light has recently started coming on when cruising along at freeway speeds. That has happened intermittently, but the last couple times that I reset it, the scoot wouldn't start.
This morning I verified the scoot would turn on 3 times, then reset the light and it wouldn't start. With the key in accessory I turned the killswitch off and on a few times. While doing this the vbelt light flickered a few times, and afterward I was able to start the bike again.

Has anyone else encountered something like this? Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light   Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 7:08 am

Check the left hand brake switches for broken wire or corrosion at the contacts.Look and clean the right hand kill switch for corrosion. If that solves the problem but V light continuous to light on, it could be the primary clutch has a grove ,I had to change mine at 30 k kl . How many kl ( miles ) on your swing.
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light   Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 10:13 pm

I do not think the kill switch has anything to do with the v belt light
except when operating the switch you disconnect all the electrical connections,even your head lights and you would notice the v belt light going off and on. The most common cause is not applying the left brake firmly enough to complete the circuit for start up.
Let us know, it will be interesting. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light   Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 11:10 pm

Another area to check is the side stand lockout switch.
Back to top Go down
nyarlotep
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light   Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 9:54 pm

Update: It appears the problem was the killswitch after all. It happens that I was accidentally hitting it sometimes when resetting the v-belt light, and toggling it a few times was getting it working.
We took apart the variator and swapped the original rollers back in instead of the Dr Pulley sliders, cleaned everything up, verified the belt is OK, scuffed the surface of the drive pulley for more traction, and regreased everything that needed it.
The pulley does have a couple little grooves, so that will be getting replaced in the near future. The killswitch wiring all seemed solid, so we sprayed electric part cleaner in it and toggled it a bunch to make sure the contacts were clean. Haven't had any strange lights or starting issues since.
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light    Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 10:14 pm

Sorry but this goes under the term of pilot error.Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light   Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Good to hear you got it fixed and thank you for the update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light   Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silverwing won't start after resetting v-belt light
Page 1 of 1