Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage

Go down 
+7
DanB
model28a
JeffR
NWSSC
"Hi Yo"
TODD from frisco
2x_lung
11 posters
AuthorMessage
2x_lung
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2015-06-09

Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage Empty
PostSubject: Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage   Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 9:09 pm

I wanted to say hi to all. I just picked up my Swing yesterday. I am already in love with it. I bought it from the original owner here in Ohio. It has 16k miles on it and runs like a champ. It still has the original belt from 2002 per the owner. The new belt and Dr. rollers are on their way to me. I will change them out, with the rear drive oil, this weekend!!
Back to top Go down
TODD from frisco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage   Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 9:55 pm

welcome from texas
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage   Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 10:24 pm

welcome welcome

There should be pictorials available if you have any questions on the projects you have planned.

welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage    Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 11:45 pm

Hello and welcome aboard. Just went across Ohio to Maryland and
down to the Smokey mountains. You have some great roads in Eastern Ohio. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage   Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 12:02 am

Welcome and congrats on your Swing. There are pictorials here to help you out with the maintenance.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage   Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 2:44 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
2x_lung
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2015-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage   Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 7:31 am

NWSSC wrote:
Hello and welcome aboard. Just went across Ohio to Maryland and
down to the Smokey mountains. You have some great roads in Eastern Ohio.  Howard

Yes I'd have to agree. SE Ohio has some really neat roads.
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage   Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 9:54 am

Howdy fellow SW rider. These little scoots have a way of growing on you.
Back to top Go down
rjdoles
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
rjdoles

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage   Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 12:20 pm

Welcome from Columbus, Oh. I know that you will enjoy the scooter. It took me a little while to get used to the throttle/clutch engagement point. Once you master that, smooth starts are pretty easy. It also took a while to get used to engine braking. Our other scooters don't have enough engine to do that. It also took a while to get used to the engine braking dropping out as you come to a stop.

I rode motorcycles for a lot of years and finally gave them up after my wife sat on my Shadow and remarked that she thought that she could drive it. We got her signed up for a motorcycle safety course at the local Harley Dealership. The course was booked out for six weeks. She told me to find her something old, to learn on, so she wouldn't feel bad if she dropped it. I found her an older Honda Elite scooter to learn to ride on. She had never driven any motorized two wheeler before.

She rode the Elite around in the yard for the first week. She was getting used to the throttle, brakes, balancing, taking off into a right turn or taking off into a left turn which is a little harder. Those were things that I learned so long ago that I forgot what it was like to not know them. She advanced to the low speed residential streets near us and finally got out on some county roads with higher speeds.

Time finally arrived for the motorcycle safety course, and after the first day, she came home frustrated. She said it had been a day of stop, go, shift, shift, downshift, downshift, stop. over and over again. She said that her clutch hand was cramping and asked why anyone would want to shift gears when they could just twist the throttle and go. She got her motorcycle endorsement and we sold the Elite and bought her a Honda Reflex 250 scooter shortly after. She hasn't been on a motorcycle since.

I found myself jumping on her Reflex more and more and my Shadow less and less. I eventually bought a Yamaha Majesty 400 and we got rid of the last Shadow. We now have the Reflex and a Silverwing. They are great transportation. We have taken day trips up to about 100 miles from home. They also surprise gawkers when you leave a store with a bunch of bags and stuff them under the seat.

I was curious about your screen name if you don't mind my asking.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage   Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 2:35 pm

"2x_lung",
Welcome to the forum...  I know you're going to enjoy it... I'll take a guess on the meaning of your screen name for "rjdoles"...  I'm guessing it stands for two lungs, or, two-lunger, as in two cylinder motor...  Hope I'm not being ridiculous.  Many years ago, on the "other", older SWing site (.org ?) ,  I started a thread on user/screen names and came up with many, varied, interesting explanations.  Was really a lot of fun.  Anyway, it's great that you've joined us.
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage   Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 8:10 am

Welcome indeed, S.E. o-HI-o riding cheers cheers if anyone would like an insiders look / tour you can send me a email, use SWING S.E in the subject line. I live on the N.W. corner of the Hocking Hills and have see riders go on by some of the best roads without a sideways glance. NOTE at times SOME of them get a little tough as most are township or county roads but entirely doable at slower speeds.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage   Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 8:37 pm

Welcome to the site and enjoy riding the Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage   Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie here....Silverwing now in the garage
Page 1 of 1