Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Delkevic muffler

Go down 
+19
Meldrew
steve_h80
JamieB
Mech 1 twa
Siataukreg
lloyd193
"Hi Yo"
terrier
GHM-PM
oldwingguy
Hondafreak
Leena H
HORNBLOWER
exavid
Cosmic_Jumper
dspevack
Sknrdtec
mikelx5
oltxredneck
23 posters
AuthorMessage
oltxredneck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 5:50 pm

Has anyone had any experience with Delkevic aftermarket mufflers? I see them on eBay and they are 30 to 60% cheaper than Vince and others.
Back to top Go down
mikelx5
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2015-05-07

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Ive really been looking at this too the seem to sound decent but i figure its a two or three year setup after that you will prolly see some rust but at that price it seems worth it
Back to top Go down
Sknrdtec
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Sknrdtec

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-11-28

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:53 pm

Whats wrong with the original stock muffler ?
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 4:59 pm

Sknrdtec wrote:
Changing out the muffler to something less restrictive will free up a few horsepower.
If you are interested in the documentation of this go to my album, (linked in my sig)
and take a look at the dyno readout charts. Between the muffler and the Power Commander,
I was able to free up around 5 hp.
Cannot say what the muffler referenced in this thread will do, only that mufflers make a difference.

Dan
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 8:28 pm

ALL OFF-TOPIC POSTS HAVE BEEN DELETED.

I HAVE UN-HIJACKED THE TOPIC

MOD DAN
Back to top Go down
oltxredneck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: stock muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 5:33 pm

Sknrdtec wrote:

Nothing, just wanted a tad more exhaust note to hear.
Back to top Go down
oltxredneck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 5:34 pm

mikelx5 wrote:
Ive really been looking at this too the seem to sound decent but i figure its a two or three year setup after that you will prolly see some rust but at that price it seems worth it

Hadn't thought of that, but they state its SS which should not rust. Unless someone here knows a whole lot than I do to clarify this potential.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 7:38 pm

oltxredneck wrote:
mikelx5 wrote:

Hadn't thought of that, but they state its SS which should not rust. Unless someone here knows a whole lot than I do to clarify this potential.

FWIW There are many different grades of SS. The grades with the higher content of nickle are more expensive and are more resistant to rust than the less expensive grades. Think the difference between medical grade stainless vs appliance grade stainless.

Tim
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 11:56 pm

My BMW K1100LT had an all stainless exhaust system, headers, muffler and tailpipe all in one piece. It was twenty years old with no trace of corrosion other than a bit of browning on the headers. The only downside was if it got seriously damaged, it cost $1700 for a new one.
Back to top Go down
HORNBLOWER
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2013-10-08

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 7:42 am

I bought a set of Delkevic down pipes for my Honda Blackbird and a set for my daughters CB500s I wouldn't touch their stuff again, EVER! The set on my blackbird wouldn't fit and the ones on my daughters bike melted the plastics so they dripped down and caught fire! I contacted the company who sold them to me with all the pictures and they were so embarrassed they gave me replacement original ones for no extra cost and replaced the plastics.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 8:44 am

Delkevic muffler Produc10

Ordered the muffler and it´s on the way. Should arrive next wednesday. Feel like a child waiting for the Santa to pay a visit. I want to cut down the weight of my SW and the new muffler is on 1,6 kg. A big difference regarding to the original. Read all the experiences could find and found some cons but most pros for Delkevic.

Had a trip with brand new Dr Pulley sliders and a new pair of Metzeler Feel Free Wintec tyres. Was really happy with both. My maxi is 2010 and had only 3500 kms when bought last August. The tyres were originals and didn´t like them at all. The Givi Airflow was big yes to me, because the original was way too tall for me plus the driving hum was disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Hondafreak
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2016-04-15

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 6:36 pm

Nothing wrong with OEM muffler if you like extra weight and a scooter that looks like all the others. I installed Delkevic muffler and it's great at least half the weight of OEM sounds good, looks good and is priced right. I also installed Delkevic on FJR1300 and CB750 (cafe racer)...............no regrets. Don't get the smaller muffler it is too loud.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 6:42 am

Delkevic muffler Produc12
Too late, already done! Made some inquiries about the muffler and the guy from Delkevic said " the 350 is 92-93 dB on that machine
 the 450 is about 0,75 dB LESS that the 350 - but is a "deeper" tone" . I think the difference is not too much. Do you mean the 200 mm muffler to be too loud? It´s not even street legal and looks a bit ridiculous, too.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 8:50 am

oltxredneck wrote:
mikelx5 wrote:

S.S. systems last a long time, my truck has one 18+ years still all original.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 11:00 am

Hope it works out OK. I prefer the looks of the OEM system and the Delkevic looks like a lawn mower muffler in a tux... Just MY opinion.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 2:21 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
Hope it works out OK.  I prefer the looks of the OEM system and the Delkevic looks like a lawn mower muffler in a tux...  Just MY opinion.

thumbs up thumbs up
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Delkevic muffler 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 1:50 pm

I'll be glad to send my opinion along with the money to help pay for YOUR purchase. Laughing
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 2:56 pm

Having owned Several Silver Wings over the Years and Maintaining Dozens for Fellow Riders, I have Learned a Few Things About Making these Bikes Perform. The Reason the Honda Muffler is So Heavy is that Honda Engineers Built a Muffler that Would Last the Life Of the Bike, Not Burn the Packing out in a Few Thousand Miles and Become Irritatingly Loud, Also with Minimal Back Pressure. I do All my Testing on the Chrondek Timing Equipment At Speed World on their 1/4 Mile Drag Strip, Located at Bithlo Fl. My Exhaust Test over the Years Have Produced some Interesting Results. All performance Increases with open Exhaust or Aftermarket Pipes, About 2% I attribute to the Removal of The Weight of the Stock Muffler, About 20 Pounds, Or 3% of the Bike and Riders Weight. Using A Vaccume Cleaner Metal Tube Extension, The Hideous Straight pipe sound can be Moved 18 inches further to the Rear. Slotting the Large end of the Tube 3/4 Inch will allow a Gear type Hose Clamp to Securely hold the Pipe on. After you have Heard Enough of this Terrible Racket you can Try some of the After Market Pipes, All A Waste of Money and Short Lived if you are Looking for Added Performance. Malosses Roaring Lion is Exactly That, The Other Hideously loud Straight Thru pipes are also Annoyingly Loud and Offer no Increase in Performance. Some Associate Loud noise to Performance, Not Fact. You will be Happiest and Trouble Free if you will use Hondas Excellent Muffler. My Current 04 Anti Lock With Tall W.S. Silver Wing Does the Quarter Mile At 15.6 seconds at 82+ MPH. with Honda Muffler in Street Trim. Happy Motoring lloyd193

Last edited by lloyd193 on Thu May 18, 2017 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 3:42 pm

I don't have access to the testing equipment you do but have empirically found the same thing. Most modern bikes, especially fuel injected won't gain much if anything from exhaust system mods unless there's an increase in aspiration plus a computer remap. It's damn difficult to improve on Honda engineering if one wants reliability which is what these bikes are designed for.
Even the big GL1800 is designed for reliability not high performance. Red Lined below 7k rpm. Maximum horsepower below that with low enough compression to burn regular gasoline is how you make an engine that coupled with water cooling lasts near forever. The Silverwing was designed in much the same way.
If one wants to do burnouts and wheelies and other such go get a sport bike, also known as a 'zoomsplat'.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 7:15 pm

There are two things that seem to aggravate JQ Public about bikes, noise and erratic driving, noise is preventable mechanically, the other I'm not sure of the cure Sad
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 12:25 am

Agreed, I've owned a lot of bikes since 1957 when I got my first scooter. But even as a long time rider I find myself annoyed by a nearby fellow who has a Harley with straight pipes. Even if that bike wasn't loud enough, the fool delights is staying wound up in a low gear to make even more noise as he serves as an alarm clock for the neighborhood. Normally I like to assist, loan tools, and generally assist local guys (and gals) with maintenance on their bikes. If this guy dropped his bike in the street in front of my house I wouldn't lift a finger to help him.

Well not quite true, but certainly no tools or assisting with any problem on his bike.
Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2014-08-24

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 4:46 am

I am of the same opinion on this i fitted a aftermarket system it was to loud rode it around the village and took it off and sold it on ebay waste of money got std exhaust back on it now
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2020 9:37 pm

Installed Delkevic  muffle on Saturday and after a good ride I like it.  Not to loud and runs better more torque in useable range.   18" stainless version.   Running a Booster Plug to add a bit more fuel so it's not running lean. Delkevic muffler Pxl_2011
Delkevic muffler Pxl_2012Delkevic muffler Booste10

Booster Plug changes the intake air temp. reading to add more fuel.

Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 12:50 pm

Great product and great sound popping on over run.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2016-05-15

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2020 8:55 am

It does look nice, the original can is well made, efficient, but ugly.
However I wouldn't want a loud pipe on a CVT machine, the limited rev variation would make it too much of a drone for my tastes.
I think the last bike to easily benefit from a pipe was the early carburettor Suzuki Bandit, a free flowing pipe and a bit of cunning jetting could get you 10 to 20 bhp (ah, happy days).
Trying to get that kind of increase in anything modern with fuel injection requires a huge investment, its bad enough trying to get them to run as well as they did out of the factory.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2020 8:36 pm

I am quite happy with Honda OEM on this but I am an old fossil. I figure this is NOT a Hayabusa so a couple HP is not going to make a difference. My 2012 with the original muffler, no evident wear at this time (no rust) etc. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2020 9:32 pm

Stock muffler is a brick 25lbs or so and solid doubt it will ever rust out. A little weight reduction and 2-3 HP more is Okay it seems to pull a little harder in 4-6 K rpm's .

The only time I hear any slight popping is when the clutch unloads 12-15 MPH and it's not loud.

Had a 1994 Honda XR 650L that I replaced the muffler end piece from an ATV muffler opened up from 1/2" to 7/8" and removed air injection goodies. That needed a rejet in carb. big improvement in power.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 3:44 am

Whether the stock silencer/muffler on the Silver Wing is a brick or not, it's more attractive in it's design and looks than any aftermarket replacement with a big logo stamped on it. Personally I wouldn't buy any motorcycle or maxi scooter with a ‘performance' silencer on it, they just look so naff and out of place.

I was amused a couple of years ago when I was looking at the Yamaha XMax 300. You could pay a load of extra money and get it with a Akrapovic silencer that gave it a bit more poke. For the same money you could almost buy the larger capacity XMax 400 than was still on sale then
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 8:47 pm

Akrapovic mufflers are expensive but I'm sure fit and quality are nice. To each his own, I rode 28k miles in 5 years not a record be any means, for just a weekend rider. Everybody has an opinion but the only one that matters is?

Naff or nice.
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2017-05-03

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 7:27 am

I have a Delkevic and love the sound....even the popping! I replaced the Honda exhaust on my Swing when it got past 100 000km's and the Cat became all blocked up with use - resulting in reduced performance and a hot engine!
My Delkevic has stayed shiny and new looking for 3 years vs an Akropovic on a friend's bike which has rusted badly during the same time! My take on the quality of both exhausts......
Delkevic muffler GJae4rK
Delkevic muffler HBCh7lT
Back to top Go down
1Wingman1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-19

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 11:19 pm

This is an old thread and I didn't read every post because some people are negative simply for the sake of being negative. I have a ST1300 for sale with 18" carbon fiber Delkevics. I have been told that they are the most attractive and I have been told that they have the best sound of any exhausts. The carbon fiber does not get very hot at all and after 2 years they look new. After riding fairly safely for 2 years because my bike could be heard I was nearly run over twice just today on my quiet Silver Wing scooter. Now I am considering pulling the mufflers and re-advertising the ST1300 with the stock mufflers only. One to use and one to sell. I would come out ahead, be safer, and be happier.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 1:40 am

1Wingman1 wrote:
After riding fairly safely for 2 years because my bike could be heard I was nearly run over twice just today on my quiet Silver Wing scooter..

Maybe it's you that's being negative about your quiet Silver Wing. Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman managed to ride their ultra quiet electric powered Harley Davidson motorcycles 13000 miles safely from the tip of South America all the way to Los Angeles in 100 days on 'The Long Way Up'.    scratch
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 3:56 am

One of my concerns about riding my electric, absolutely silent scooter was that I'd be constantly having to avoid pedestrians walking out in front of me because they couldn't hear me coming. Undoubtedly, it is likely in a town at the sea-side where people are often distracted by the scenery - the sea, the beach, the ice-cream kiosks - and in this weather are wrapped tightly up to the eyeballs, ears covered, battling the Nor'easter blasting from the sea.

My concerns have so far been unfounded; in fact, I've been surprised to see that 99% of pedestrians do actually look and see me coming! I have become even more aware of my responsibility to look out for jay-walkers; I hope I'm a better rider for it.

'Loud Pipes Save Lives' is simply not true.

Last edited by MikeO on Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 11:17 am

Loud xxx saves lives indeed, makes one wonder how the Doppler effect works Smile What works is good eyes save lives, our own.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 4:25 pm

It is incumbent on those people who insist that loud pipes save lives to prove it.

As I said just now: my so far short experience of riding my silent scooter/moped has shown me that it is vision rather than sound which draws attention of pedestrians to my approach.

There is an interesting article in the following link:

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/features/bikes/do-loud-pipes-save-lives
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 8:39 am

Okiedokie if they indeed do save lives ALL internal combustion engines should have straight pipes, what a wonderful safe world it would be Smile Wondering here what the electric vehicle manufactures are going to do import HD sound tracks for their vehicles to play over loud speakers?
Back to top Go down
cube
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2018-06-14

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 8:47 pm

That's a thing already.. lol

EV fake noise
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 9:05 pm

Ahh more gov't regulations. Won't take the aftermarket long to override those systems then you can have whatever you want.
snipped MikeO
As I said just now: my so far short experience of riding my silent scooter/moped has shown me that it is vision rather than sound which draws attention of pedestrians to my approach.

Electrics will be ok for most but infrastructure isn't there yet. Charging places.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 5:21 am

Why bother arguing about this matter? It seems to rise every now and then and doesn't lead to anything. It's like a folks start to debate about dog poop every spring after the snow has started to melt. Some say the poop isn't that bad and it's natural, but the broken glass and cigarette butts are different. Opposite points you may dirt your shoes etc. And now the same debating about the masks.
It's impossible to agree on.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 6:31 am

I plug my scooter's battery-charger into a 13-Amp socket.

I heard on the BBC News this morning that the first purpose-built charging forecourt for electric cars has opened in Braintree, Essex, today.

The infrastructure will soon be in place nation-wide.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-essex-55223193

I venture to suggest that even the loudest pipes on a motorcycle being ridden at 30 MPH, the speed-limit in built-up areas in the UK, will probably be almost no noisier than legal pipes on vehicles being ridden or driven at the same speed. Wink

Last edited by MikeO on Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1Wingman1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-19

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 9:42 am

Leena is correct that the argument will not be solved. I reactivated this thread to provide my experience with the mufflers for the benefit of future seekers of information. My mistake seems to be that I used the word "safer" in reference to making a little noise that I find pleasing. I don't like the loud and irritating pipes either but I can't deny that the noise makes me aware of its source.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 9:58 am

1Wingman1 wrote:
Leena is correct that the argument will not be solved. I reactivated this thread to provide my experience with the mufflers for the benefit of future seekers of information.  My mistake seems to be that I used the word "safer" in reference to making a little noise that I find pleasing. I don't like the loud and irritating pipes either but I can't deny that the noise makes me aware of its source.                                                                                                                      

I totally agree with you. I have a Delkevic oval carbon fibre muffler for several reasons. The main one is, that I have once burned my soft panniers after hitting a pit in on the road. The muffler doesn't weigh as much as the original (I can't lose much more weight).
Folks like to modify their scooters according their own wishes. I myself find it unnecessary to put a cupholder and even more loudspeakers to my SW, but it doesn't bother me if someone does.
I modify my SW that it would serve me as well as possible when I make my long distance trips.
You all take keep safe and happy holidays! Wish we all will be having a awesome season next year.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 10:16 am

There isn't any argument, a manufacturers OE exhaust meets the all legal and environmental requirements necessary for the country it's sold in.

But owners fit aftermarket exhausts for all sorts of reasons, and if the true be told the majority are just excuses to fit a noisy exhaust with a big logo on it. For example 'I'm saving 15 pounds weight' is nonsense, for what exactly? Any replacement exhaust is only going to weigh a few pounds less. You'd benefit more from losing 15 pounds off your body weight and keeping the money spent in your wallet.

I was actually thinking about exhaust noise yesterday when I was out riding. Behind an effective screen and wearing earplugs and a modular helmet, most cars went past with a gentle whoosh.

Of course the average black visored bell end with a noisy exhaust on his bike can be heard clearly, and as annoying as a wasp buzzing round near you. I'm aware of one behind me and he'll predictably overtake because his pea sized brain is programmed to 'overtake that scooter, and everything else in front of him.

I'm also aware that he's probably a lot colder than I am because he's still wearing his sunny Sunday posing leathers and unlined gloves. If he's still riding late afternoon when it gets dark, that 'race visor' on his helmet is going to be a liability on unlit roads.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 12:59 pm

Be honest with you I bought one for a more fruitier sound.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2020 2:28 am

I don't need to change the muffler on my SW. I can provide that "fruity" sound with the OEM muffler. I only need to eat a hearty meal of baked beans prior to getting on the bike. It will be helpful to wear a pair of 'Depends' in case one overdoes the ingestion of beans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Delkevic muffler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delkevic muffler   Delkevic muffler I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Delkevic muffler
Page 1 of 1