Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
24 hours and 3 rides I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
24 hours and 3 rides I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
24 hours and 3 rides I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
24 hours and 3 rides I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
24 hours and 3 rides I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
24 hours and 3 rides I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
24 hours and 3 rides I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
24 hours and 3 rides I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
24 hours and 3 rides I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
24 hours and 3 rides I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

24 hours and 3 rides

Go down 
AuthorMessage
phils a winger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
phils a winger

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2014-09-27

24 hours and 3 rides Empty
PostSubject: 24 hours and 3 rides   24 hours and 3 rides I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 4:38 pm

So,in 24 hours I've ridden 3 totally different bike's. Started Thursday with the virago 750, this morning I took the Gold Wing for mot, came home,parked it and went to Edinburgh on the Silver Wing !

Now they're all about the same power wise, the Virago is the noisiest,then the Gold Wing and the silver wing is the quietist. I've forgotten how heavy that Gold Wing is, I came home and swapped to the Silver Wing, I thought someone had swapped it for a 125 it felt that light! Opened the throttle and yes it was my 600!

Goldie failed it's mot, fluid leak from rear brake hose, that's what you get for 're-using crush washers. Not too big a job, worst part will be bleeding the brake! On the way home from the MOT I was taking it nice and easy as I had no rear brake ( not a problem as the two dinner plates on the front usually do the job on their own!), so am riding along behaving myself and as I approached a roundabout on a dual carriageway I looked to my right and there was a Police traffic car right beside me! Majority of these have ANPR that checks for MOT's, tax and insurance, now it is legal to take a vehicle for its MOT that is not taxed or MOT, providing its insured. Not sure how the rules would apply when the MOT fail states 'in opinion of tester the vehicle is in a dangerous condition and should not be used on the road' in actual fact the front brakes alone will stop that bike, the Virago has to use its rear brake to help with stopping.
Bit of buttock clenching for the next 1/2 mile until plod turned off!
Back to top Go down

24 hours and 3 rides
Page 1 of 1