Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi everyone. I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA

Go down 
+2
JeffR
SteveSilverWing
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SteveSilverWing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
SteveSilverWing

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2015-04-17

Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA Empty
PostSubject: Hi everyone. I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA   Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 11:21 pm

Hi everyone.  I am not the owner of a Silver Wing just yet, but intend to buy a used 2005 Silver Wing ABS tomorrow.  It will be my main means of transportation.  This is my first big step up in power since I've been riding a 150cc for the past two years.

I'm kind of nervous tonight because I am buying it from an out-of-state owner.  I had already posted a message earlier this evening to which I have already received several very helpful responses.  (See "Purchase out-of-state Silver Wing ABS" posted at 19:41.)  

Thanks so much for this, I really appreciate that advice!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone. I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA   Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 11:42 pm

I saw your earlier post and I don't know what is required to get tags from an out-of-state bike. I think that it has to be used with 7500 miles, which your bike meets. I do think you have to pay a sales tax to the state of California so you might want to consider that in your purchase price.

Be careful since the SWing is a pretty powerful bike. It is a huge step up in power and acceleration than the 150cc scoots. Just take it kind of slow for the first few rides and practice in a parking lot. But don't crank the throttle like you can do with the 150cc scoot. If you use a lot of throttle with the SWing you will be going about 80 mph in no time. Don't be afraid but just careful. Congrats and your new SWing and welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone. I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA   Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 12:18 am

applause welcome Steve welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll be happy with your "new" to you Silverwing. It sounds like you shouldn't have any problems, aside from whatever taxes and fees the state of California demands. If you have to pay anything extra because of the out of state title you may want to find that out before finalizing the deal. This will be a big step up for you as Jeff pointed out but after a couple of rides you'll never regret your purchase. My Swing is my main transportation also, and what great transportation it is.

I forgot to ask, let us know your impression of the Silverwing after you ride it tomorrow. Smile

Last edited by model28a on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add a question.)
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone. I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA   Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 4:15 am

cheers welcome cheers
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1983
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone. I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA   Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 7:44 am

Hi Steve and Welcome to this site. It IS the best SWing site on the Net.

I have an 08 SWing that I bought last spring and have NO regrets with it. Like the others have said, It has lots of power and speed. I ride with a couple of groups here in MN and it sure surprises them that I can keep up with their "real" motorcycles. I ride mine whenever Mother Nature gives me a day to ride. I'll be 69 in July so I pretty much pick and choose the days I'm going to ride. If it's raining or cold the SWing stays in the garage.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone. I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA   Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 8:49 am

Welcome Steve and good luck with the purchase! Lots of good info on here to assist you. Also you and I are not too far apart... Perhaps a meeting in Laughlin or somewhere down the road?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone. I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA   Hi everyone.  I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone. I'm Steve from Los Angeles, CA
Page 1 of 1