Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Anti-theft measures

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-04

Anti-theft measures Empty
PostSubject: Anti-theft measures   Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 10:51 am

I thought I would bring this subject up since it was brought up in a related way on another thread about hiding a spare key on ones bike.

What anti-theft measures do Silverwing owners use? (or bike owners in general) Locks with heavy cable or chains, brake disk locks, locking wheel chocks, simple covers, alarm systems, GPS, bluetooth or LoJack vehicle tracking systems? Others? Any reccommendations... and why?

I think it would be kind of cool if somebody would come up with an alarm gizmo that has self contained power so that trying to remove or disconnect the bike battery would not stop its operation. And part of it would have a smoke maker similar to one of those smoke makers like fire depts. use for training except on a much smaller scale. (mineral oil or some such over a small heating element...just makes smoke... lots of it...no fire risk) Add some multi-color LEDs (bluewhite, orange, red & yellow) that kind of flicker from somewhere underneath that makes it look like maybe some wiring is burning. Wouldn't hurt if it made a gawdawful noise while doing that too. Betchya they'd haulass out of there.

Noisy alarms, while irritating, are sometimes just ignored...... but something smoking like a 3 alarm is gonna get some serious attention in a big hurry. Thieves won't hang around for an attention getter like that. Of course like any good alarm system, it should automatically shut off & reset after a minute or 2. I'd buy an alarm system like that. I think it would be a quite effective deterrent.
Back to top Go down
ozzman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ozzman

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2015-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Anti-theft measures   Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 12:53 pm

I had a 84 Malaguti Phantom stolen and they cut the cable with bolt cutters while I had my back turned and carried it away.

Anti-theft measures Bike
Back to top Go down
hawkeye3guns
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Anti-theft measures   Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 3:04 pm

We both use on our bikes a Bulldog hardened Canvas covered chain (only way to cut these is with a disc cutter) and a hardened padlock with its own self contained battery alarm if you tamper or tilt the padlock (after 30 seconds of setting it) it sounds off at 130 decibals for 2 minutes then resets itself.
The chains was £59.65 each from our local honda dealer and the Padlocks was from E-bay at £29.95 each. The alarm uses a pp3 9v battery and it last just under a year (the alarm beeps when the battery is low. So far only had one false alarm in the last year when my cat decided to play with the chain. It nearly scared the living daylights out of her.
regards Denzil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti-theft measures   Anti-theft measures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anti-theft measures
Page 1 of 1