Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What did I miss or maybe someone else?

Go down 
+2
Cosmic_Jumper
oldgwingguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

What did I miss or maybe someone else? Empty
PostSubject: What did I miss or maybe someone else?   What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 8:22 am

While I was finishing up the change everything project I noticed on the left side rearmost case in the drive system two bolt holes, I took no bolts out yet they seem to call for something to cover them, no? What was or is supposed to be there and or why are they there? TIA for answers. Al
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What did I miss or maybe someone else?   What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 8:56 am

Dunno, maybe the Button Head Cap Screws that hold that rear cover on? There are four of them; two are hidden by the front cover, while the rear two are exposed. Those cap screws are 5MM allen head...or maybe it's 8MMM. Here is a link to the parts fiche for that left side swingarm assembly. You should be able to figure out what goes where with this:

Tim

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Scooter/2003/FSC600D+AC/SWINGARM/parts.html
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: What did I miss or maybe someone    What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 5:36 pm

I guess I would be more worried if I had some left over bolts and could not find where they went. If you could take a picture I'm sure  some-one could help.Howard  NWSSC
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: What did I miss or maybe someone else?   What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 8:54 pm

No left over bolts, let me try a better description of location before I challenge my PC to sending them. Think center rear axle location, left and right of that, on the same plane on a small machined flats there are two bolt holes. Could that be to mount a puller to remove that case? I question leaving them open because it could be an entry point for dirt and or water that would end up on the final drive pulley.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What did I miss or maybe someone else?   What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 9:25 pm

oldgwingguy wrote:
No left over bolts, let me try a better description of location before I challenge my PC to sending them. Think center rear axle location, left and right of that, on the same plane on a small machined flats there are two bolt holes. Could that be to mount a puller to remove that case? I question leaving them open because it could be an entry point for dirt and or water that would end up on the final drive pulley.

If you are referring to the aluminum belt case, as opposed to the two black plastic covers for that belt case, those two holes are supposed to be there. Just what the function of those holes is beyond me.

Tim
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What did I miss or maybe someone else?   What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Are these the two you are referring to?  I don't believe anything goes there. I agree with Tim.

What did I miss or maybe someone else? Abe7c97f-2ea1-47b9-b920-4f28330c0e99_zpsumnjuziv
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What did I miss or maybe someone else?   What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 10:56 pm

Paul I believe the two spots the arrows are pointing at are put there to balance the "movable driven face"  as that part is called in the picture of part #11 in this link.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What did I miss or maybe someone else?   What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 12:45 am

Got that right, they are balancing holes. Castings are not always evenly balanced due to slight differences in material temperature, cooling or even a slightly warped mold. Rapidly spinning pieces like that need better balance than you'd get right out of the mold so they're spin tested and material is drilled out of those thick pads to perfect the balance.
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: What did I miss or maybe someone else?   What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 9:17 pm

If you are referring to the aluminum belt case, as opposed to the two black plastic covers for that belt case, those two holes are supposed to be there. Just what the function of those holes is beyond me.

Tim[/quote] That's IT, THANK YOU. Why would they do that? threaded holes to boot, won't that let moisture / crap / dirt into the working mechanism?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did I miss or maybe someone else?   What did I miss or maybe someone else? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did I miss or maybe someone else?
Page 1 of 1