Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 2:31 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 2:47 am

» I said Farewell...
Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 7:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 9:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:28 pm

» Drive belt prices
Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hid on silverwing

Go down 
+4
Cosmic_Jumper
dspevack
"Hi Yo"
Bobben
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bobben
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-11-13

Hid on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Hid on silverwing   Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 3:18 am

Hello.
Have anybody tried hid/led kit to silverwing ?
Want a better light spesially on low beam.
Any tips will be appreciated.

Bob
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hid on silverwing 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Hid on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hid on silverwing   Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 7:08 am

Have you tried using the search function and typing in HID headlights. There are a plethora of threads concerning this matter. Also, have you checked regulations for such conversions. What works for one place may not work for others.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Hid on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hid on silverwing   Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 1:09 pm

While there have been plenty of conversions to Xenon/HID lights, I don't believe I have ever seen anyone change the Headlight to LED lighting.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Hid on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hid on silverwing   Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 5:01 pm

I've used a (low beam) HID conversion for years. It really illuminates the road and, more importantly, the road side. But because the bulb is so bright the headlight aim must be carefully adjusted so that you dont blind oncoming traffic. I removed the light and ballast after it failed when I repeatedly flashed the light to warn oncoming traffic about an accident I had just passed on a windy back road. The bulb and ballast (the two major components) were replaced under warranty with new items. However I never got around to putting them back in the scoot. I'll be glad to sell you the kit at a reasonable price if you are interested. PM me.

Here is a link to an ADVrider forum discussion about LED headlight conversions:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=948701

Tim
Back to top Go down
Stuart Walker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-03-25

Hid on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hid on silverwing   Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 7:34 pm

I have myself recenty upgraded from the standard fitment head and dipped H7 bulbs on my Wing, to the OSRAM Nightrider(s) which have about 120% increase in light output, and approx 40 Metres additional lighting range ahead.    A really big improvement.

I did this for a number of reasons, primarily as a good safety improvement and in addition as I shall be heading to Denmark and Sweden for a month this June with the Wing, and expect to cover around  2,500 to 3,000 miles from departure from the UK until my return., it pays to be really visible on the roads !  What with Elke and Deer roaming these parts :rendeer: - you do not want accidentally  to hit anything that's stationary or roaming the country roads !

This is a big improvement in the lighting, and is really noticeable, compared with the standard lights.

I have also retro fitted, low energy demand, white auxilliary Led lights to the front windscreen, being white diagonal on edges and 2 further horizontal rows at the bottom edge.

With the addition of 4 rows of vertical Red Led' s fitted to the top box, and having integrated in to the bikes standard lighting circuits, it makes the vehicle even more visible, which is always a good thing !
Lighting improvements are well worth doing, even allowing as they operate at a much higher temperature that equates to on average a shorter lifespan for the bulb.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Hid on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hid on silverwing   Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 9:27 pm

Stuart Walker wrote:
I have myself recenty upgraded from the standard fitment head and dipped H7 bulbs on my Wing, to the OSRAM Nightrider(s) which have about 120% increase in light output, and approx 40 Metres additional lighting range ahead.    A really big improvement.

This is a big improvement in the lighting, and is really noticeable, compared with the standard lights.

I have also retro fitted, low energy demand, white auxilliary Led lights to the front windscreen, being white diagonal on edges and 2 further horizontal rows at the bottom edge.

So that explains where the aurora borealis come from over here Smile
Back to top Go down
Bobben
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-11-13

Hid on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Elke and Deer roaming these parts   Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 12:36 am

Hello.
Maybe this will help.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xwild+animal+elert+whistle.TRS0&_nkw=wild+animal+elert+whistle&_sacat=0

Bob

quote="Stuart Walker"]I have myself recenty upgraded from the standard fitment head and dipped H7 bulbs on my Wing, to the OSRAM Nightrider(s) which have about 120% increase in light output, and approx 40 Metres additional lighting range ahead.    A really big improvement.

I did this for a number of reasons, primarily as a good safety improvement and in addition as I shall be heading to Denmark and Sweden for a month this June with the Wing, and expect to cover around  2,500 to 3,000 miles from departure from the UK until my return., it pays to be really visible on the roads !  What with Elke and Deer roaming these parts  :rendeer:  - you do not want accidentally  to hit anything that's stationary or roaming the country roads !

With the addition of 4 rows of vertical Red Led' s fitted to the top box, and having integrated in to the bikes standard lighting circuits, it makes the vehicle even more visible, which is always a good thing !
Lighting improvements are well worth doing, even allowing as they operate at a much higher temperature that equates to on average a shorter lifespan for the bulb.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Stuart Walker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-03-25

Hid on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hid on silverwing   Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 12:11 pm

Hello Bob

Many thanks indeed for your kind reply, and for the link to the informative external sonic animal deterant device !
I was aware of UK versions for domestic animals, but having a 12 volt mobile version looks something that is worth looking in to as a fitment...

Thanks again
Stuart
Back to top Go down
andyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Hid on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hid on silverwing   Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 12:38 am

I would not suggest putting a HID bulb into a reflector housing. The light output is not at the correct focal length for proper cutoff which means you will be blinding oncoming traffic. I am running a HID projector in my low beam which has the proper cutoff to not blind anyone. Its been a few years since I messed with it and now there's a H7R bulb available which may have a better cutoff in a stock reflector but the best results will be obtained with a proper projector.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Hid on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hid on silverwing   Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 2:44 am

andyman wrote:
I would not suggest putting a HID bulb into a reflector housing.  The light output is not at the correct focal length for proper cutoff which means you will be blinding oncoming traffic.  I am running a HID projector in my low beam which has the proper cutoff to not blind anyone.  Its been a few years since I messed with it and now there's a H7R bulb available which may have a better cutoff in a stock reflector but the best results will be obtained with a proper projector.

Okay, Inquiring minds want to know. What kind of HID projector are you using in your SW? How about a link please.

Tim
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

Hid on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hid on silverwing   Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 11:59 am

Many thanks indeed for your kind reply, and for the link to the informative external sonic animal deterant device !
I was aware of UK versions for domestic animals, but having a 12 volt mobile version looks something that is worth looking in to as a fitment...>>>>>>>> PLEASE note that these critters hear in about the same range of hearing as we do, I tried the Electronic versions of the alerts and found they attracted dogs as much as anything, at least set them to howling and running after me. YOMV but slowing down in the evening and morning hours and keeping the watchful eye on full alert will do as much as any alert system.
Back to top Go down
andyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Hid on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hid on silverwing   Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 12:47 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

Okay, Inquiring minds want to know. What kind of HID projector are you using in your SW? How about a link please.

Tim

I already responded to your PM, but stay tuned all. This weekend my scoot goes under the knife for more HID fun & some maintenance and color changing action. Will make a new thread to not stomp on the HID question here.

Ebay projectors work but I have had real good success with stuff from here http://www.theretrofitsource.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hid on silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hid on silverwing   Hid on silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hid on silverwing
Page 1 of 1