Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

HID low beam off when switched to high beam

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

HID low beam off when switched to high beam Empty
PostSubject: HID low beam off when switched to high beam   HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:58 pm

My HID ballast doesnt like to be switched back and forth from low beam to high beam and back to low again, I have to shut the engine off and restart it to have the low beams restart again, anybody have a solution?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: HID low beam off when switched to high beam   HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:39 am

tankyuong wrote:
My HID ballast doesnt like to be switched back and forth from low beam to high beam and back to low again, I have to shut the engine off and restart it to have the low beams restart again, anybody have a solution?

Two solutions:

1) Learn to flip the low->high beam with less delay ... there is a dead spot in the middle. The slower you rock the switch the higher the chance you will cause the light to go out.

2) If the light does go out, just tap the starter switch it will reignite the ballast. When you are stopped and pushing the starter switch, the lights shut-off and the starter engages. When you are moving and tap the starter switch, the lights will be reignite but the starter does not engage.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

PostSubject: Re: HID low beam off when switched to high beam   HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 am

honda_silver wrote:
tankyuong wrote:

Two solutions:

1) Learn to flip the low->high beam with less delay ... there is a dead spot in the middle. The slower you rock the switch the higher the chance you will cause the light to go out.

2) If the light does go out, just tap the starter switch it will reignite the ballast. When you are stopped and pushing the starter switch, the lights shut-off and the starter engages. When you are moving and tap the starter switch, the lights will be reignite but the starter does not engage.
I got it thanks a lot I didnt know you could do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HID low beam off when switched to high beam   HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:44 pm

just be sure you aren't squeezing the left brake when hitting the starter switch??
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

PostSubject: Re: HID low beam off when switched to high beam   HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:02 pm

u p tom wrote:
just be sure you aren't squeezing the left brake when hitting the starter switch??
It has to be a complete stop before the starter kicks in with the switch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HID low beam off when switched to high beam   HID low beam off when switched to high beam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HID low beam off when switched to high beam
Page 1 of 1