Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Albuquerque, NM

Go down 
+4
gdenn
model28a
JeffR
lcgraham
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lcgraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2015-01-07

Hello from Albuquerque, NM Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Albuquerque, NM   Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 5:22 pm

Hello from Albuquerque, NM.

I have been riding scooters since 1989. My first was an 1987 Honda Helix which I bought from the deal after it sat on the floor for 2 years (had 6 miles on it). Presently it has 72,350 miles on it. It's been totaled once after being clipped by a drunk driver in 2006 (I had more damage than the scoot). Rebuilt it with cloned chinese parts, rode it for a few years, then replaced the cloned parts with used original parts from another Helix rider in town.

I replaced the Helix with a 2006 Silverwing when the casts came off my arms. It presently has 32,000 miles on it, but is not running today (I found it laying on it side a few days ago (old kick stand sank in mud thru a crack in the blacktop driveway). Difficult to start, thought it was flooded, maybe fuel pressure regulator on injection system.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Albuquerque, NM   Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 7:18 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Albuquerque, NM   Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 7:41 pm

welcome
lcgraham welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web. I agree with you that it  may be the fuel pressure regulator.
It sounds like you work on your scooters so here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions. If you don't have a service manual I would recommend buying one, it's one of the best "tools" you can get for your Silverwing.  

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
gdenn
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Albuquerque, NM   Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 8:40 pm

welcome !!! I also own a Helix also with a silverwing. Both are great scooters and tons of flun
Back to top Go down
lcgraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Silverwing repair guides   Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 3:39 am

Thanks for the links. You're right, I do most of my own repairs and rebuilds except for those repairs that need "very extra special equipment" that I will use only once or twice every decade, ie tire replacement and the electrical system. I generally am able to track down the electrical problems then take it in to the dealer for the repair. They usually tell me "Oh no, it can't be that. Those things hardly every fail" (it was a shorted stator, BTW).

I have the service manual which helps alot, but if there is something I haven't preformed before, I look to see how others did the task and thry out their techniques.

model28a wrote:
welcome
lcgraham welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the web. I agree with you that it  may be the fuel pressure regulator.
It sounds like you work on your scooters so here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions. If you don't have a service manual I would recommend buying one, it's one of the best "tools" you can get for your Silverwing.  

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
lcgraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Helix and Silverwing   Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 3:47 am

gdenn wrote:
welcome !!!  I also own a Helix also with a silverwing.  Both are great scooters and tons of flun

I enjoyed my Helix so much, that I frequently (on occasion) look at buying another one, to the point of considering having one imported from Japan (the current Honda Fusion). I had the opportunity to purchase once of the Chinese clones some years ago, but I passed as the dealer was not well established, no parts, no service area, barely had a display floor, a couple scoots on the floor, eventually when out of business.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from Albuquerque, NM 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Albuquerque, NM   Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 8:28 am

applause welcome welcome applause
Back to top Go down
gdenn
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Albuquerque, NM   Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 8:35 am

If you are interested in a Helix, I"d keep an eye out on Craigs list etc. I"ve seen some ads that appear to be great deals
Back to top Go down
Porkie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Porkie

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Albuquerque, NM   Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 11:18 am

Welcome!

I love Albuquerque and have been there many times and North-South-East and West of there. It is a great riding area---just stay off of the crazy Interstate 40 and 25:)

Sam:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.carthageelectronics.com
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Albuquerque, NM   Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 1:21 pm

I have a twin "Dale" that lives in Rancho suburb of ABQ he had a Silverwing, but now has a Bergman 650. You might get in contact with him as he likes to ride.
Welcome to the Forum. These people have the answers or will find them.
Back to top Go down
lcgraham
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Albuquerque, NM   Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 6:57 pm

Well ... I'm baaaack! Still in Albuquerque NM. Its been 3 years ago since I've been on the forum. My '89 Helix is now approaching 78,000 miles, just replaced the electric fuel pump (the last burned out); the '06 SWG now has 42,000 miles on it. Just wiped out on it 3 weeks ago on hard gravel avoiding a collision with a pickup. Frankly, we both received equal amounts of road rash. Had to replace the helmet. The left rear panel I can "probably buff out the scratches (in reality, I'm a cheap SOB and not ready to replace it). The left front panel had more damage (cracked near the turn signal) and more road rash) and I'll eventually will get it replaced. Its still rideable, but has a noticeable noise from the loose and broken panel panel

A new addition to my collection was an '87 Yamaha Riva xc200. I bought it for the salvage value off of a guy who probably should not have been riding in the first place. He didn't damage it, it was the people he had working on it (a MC salvage yard) who didn't know what they were doing.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Albuquerque, NM   Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Welcome lcgraham. As you know, this is the best SWing site on the net. I have an 08 SWing that I had converted over to a trike over the winter. I really like it. It handles good and I still get around 46 mpg with it. It's a Motor Trike GT3 kit.
Hello from Albuquerque, NM Coborn10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Albuquerque, NM   Hello from Albuquerque, NM I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Albuquerque, NM
Page 1 of 1