Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 7:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 6:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 12:40 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 am

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:29 pm

» peace, love and life
yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:58 pm

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced

Go down 
+8
masscoot
MikeO
Deno070
DickO
"Hi Yo"
JeffR_
model28a
transam86
12 posters
AuthorMessage
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-02-25

yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced Empty
PostSubject: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 10:34 pm

hi all been god knows how long. few years maybe ? i just wanted to stop in and say hi to my winged family im still loving my 09 got it 4 years 2 months  . Im in the pan handle of fl right now temporarly . Sux i had a new tire on my bike 4 months old and there ya go nail in it. So I put on a diablo . Theres a guy here that mushroom patch plugs all in one a metal barb that goes inside out and is sealed with a patch. Im gonna get that done for an emergency tire. I have done alot of dealing with bike bandet HANDS DOWN AWESAOME!!!!!!!!! i just orderd front rear and p-break pads 19 for the rear 22 for the front and 41 ( ouch ) p-break as its a honda only item. I looked at my pads and at 21000 miles its time. Sadly something bit my lower left body skirt and had orderd that ( 1 1/2 crack where kickstand is ) and with the pads total was 138.45 no tax no shipping :-) got it from bike bandet. Im loving my bike still stock belt. My friend had 27,000 on his and still going strong  . im gonna pull my cover at 27,000 miles and inspect my belt. When I change it ill do my sliders also just because. Like a waterpump on a car changing a timing chain/belt waterpump is removed so replace it with a new one. no sence in going in 2x. Anyways anybody in the western part of the panhandle of florida wanna get together for a ride? Glad to be back with da family

Eddie B aka da blingmeister
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 11:22 pm

Eddie good to hear from you. You may find out you don't need the parking brake pads, unless someone has ridden with the parking brake on there's no reason for them to wear out. The new pads don't have a very thick lining to begin with. I have never tried but I'd bet that even with no lining left they would still hold the bike when parked if adjusted properly. I have had the best luck with Honda pads and my local dealer gives me a 20% discount so the price isn't too bad. I put ECB brake pads on the first time I needed pads and they ate my disk up. When I went to the dealer and asked what they thought was the best brand and they said on most bikes they recommended aftermarket parts but with Hondas they had the best results with OEM parts. So I bought a Honda disk and pads and my disk has held up great. Ever since then I've stuck with OEM brake parts.
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 11:28 pm

hi roger so good to hear from you. well your right and i have never ridden with the p break on but it looks not even 1/16th so i figured ill just replace it cause im gonna be elbow deep with the front and rears.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 1:41 am

eddie,

I was wondering what you went to. I know you have blinged out your SWing and love the thing. Good to hear from you again.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 2:12 am

How much thicker is the new p-brake pads? If I remember the new p-brake pads are only about 1/8" thick, not near as thick as the regular brake pads.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 2:44 am

cheers    cheers    New members should check out Eddie's album. Some awesome pics there.   cheers    cheers da blingmeister he is!!!
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 2:55 am

Hi Eddie,
Thought maybe you'd driven your SWing off the edge of the earth or somethin'.  Good to see you're still alive and 'kickin'"...  Just to let everyone know, it was the "blingmeister" who nudged me into the Silver Wing world way back '05 when we were on the 'other' site and I was asking whether or not I should give it a shot; not having any experience whatsoever. I know he probably doesn't remember but I do.  Anyway, the rest is history.  Stick around this time Eddie.  A lot of folks missed ya'...
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 8:27 am

Brother Dick ABSOLOUTLY I REMEMBER pal. I was proud you made the move and became a winged brother. Dick my life has been anything but a fairy tale. After loosing my mom 1-10-09 my life slowly and steadly went down hill. Very long story Dick. but im keeping as optomistic as possible pal. so good to hear from you. funny 05 was i think the only year they made 2 colors it was titanium gray and black . my 05 was the gray. I wish they would have come out with a white pearl!!!!!!! Im gonna try and stay active on the forum pal and THANKYOU so much for stopping in and making my day brother
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 8:33 am

Hi Yo wrote:
cheers    cheers    New members should check out Eddie's album. Some awesome pics there.   cheers    cheers    da blingmeister he is!!!

your to funny i love it oh high and mighty guru :-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 8:38 am

JeffR_ wrote:
eddie,

I was wondering what you went to.  I know you have blinged out your SWing and love the thing.  Good to hear from you again.

jeff thank you brother, its great to be back i so much appreciate you taking the time to stop in brother . I absoloutly love my bike pal looks as good as it did 4 years 2 months ago HELL even better :-)
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 8:40 am

model28a wrote:
How much thicker is the new p-brake pads? If I remember the new p-brake pads are only about 1/8" thick, not near as thick as the regular brake pads.

i wish i can tell you. i wont get everything till end of next week. Guess its the gear head in me seeing next to no pad. If thats the thickness well then ill have an extra set. as soon as i get my new ones. Ill snap a few photos for comparison and post them pal
Back to top Go down
Deno070
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Welcome back blingmeister!
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Deno070 wrote:
Welcome back blingmeister!

my brother it feels great to be back and im loving my bike like i did over 4 years ago. trigges been a trusty ol steed :-) thank you
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Hello Eddie!

Good to see you. Smile
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 7:26 pm

mike thankyou brother its great to be back :-)
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 11:54 pm

Brother Eddie,  I knew we hadn't heard the last from you!  cheers  

Stay well my friend!  Cool
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 12:41 am

AY YO PAULIE hey pal damn good to hear from you brother. funny i was looking at the photos of us from that show i did in mass in 09.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 1:35 am

Who could forget... that was cool!yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced IMG_0054_zps328a4dd6" />
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 1:58 am

oh my god brother i love it thank you
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 9:26 am

Welcome back Eddie.
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 3:43 pm

DA KING OF WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! brother dan good morning so good to hear from you pal, thank you very much
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 8:21 pm

I thought text speak was bad enough, but middle aged white American men addressing each other as if they're Huggie Bear from 'Starsky and Hutch' is just plain sad! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 8:34 pm

well i cant get all political on you over in england but ill be diplomatic whats sad is your attitude against us with the closeness we have unlike you cold so it is what it is its a family here and well the 6000 miles between us keep it that way . this is a huge family here and if you cant understand that then well your problem
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Meldrew wrote:
I thought text speak was bad enough, but middle aged white American men addressing each other as if they're Huggie Bear from 'Starsky and Hutch' is just plain sad! Rolling Eyes
But not as sad as those who worry about it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 9:10 pm

transam86 wrote:
well i cant get all political on you over in england but ill be diplomatic whats sad is your attitude against us with the closeness we have unlike you cold so it is what it is its a family here and well the 6000 miles between us keep it that way . this is a huge family here and if you cant understand that then well your problem

Don't be daft, it's a forum not a family. It's a load of Silver Wing enthusiasts with a common interest. You're not a pimp or a rapper or even a dude, so why not use the common language we share a bit more articulately.

Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 9:16 pm

since when is brother a rapper word? a pimp sells women and a dude is a rancher so where does brother fit in? over here we concider it a family in your cold personable part of the world it might be different but here were family. pal i been here light years before you so if you dont like it then start your own forum for cold rude people like yourself . your avitar with the puss on its face im sure ex simplifies who are
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Remember Eddie B your 51 not 15 Mad!!! Time to let the teen years go!!!
Back to top Go down
transam86
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
transam86

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 9:35 pm

absoloutly my next message was going to be( im done. ) if i got a reply back that was gonna be my last words on this sad topic
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Yes mate you were here long before me but I'd never heard of you before today, and as you see from my post count I've been around this 'family' a lot more than you have in the the last 4 years so what's the excuse for not keeping in touch with your online family.

What's with the 'cold personable part of the world' have you been over here? I reckon I've seen more of the US than you've seen of the UK or Europe.
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Time Out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced   yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yyooooo da blingmeister has resurfaced
Page 1 of 1