Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New on here guys

Go down 
+2
powpilot
scootman9612
6 posters
AuthorMessage
scootman9612
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-08-30

New on here guys  Empty
PostSubject: New on here guys    New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 8:57 am

How's it going in new to the forum I'm from NY. I have 2 scooters a honda elite 80 2005 gray, and a roketa 250cc. I love riding and I'm tired of being stuck in town, so in very interested in buying a maxi scooter very soon.
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-06-30

New on here guys  Empty
PostSubject: Welcome   New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:56 am

Morning, Scooterman and welcome!  As you get settled in here on the forum, you'll find a wealth of information and many very helpful, knowledgeable people who will happily share their experience with you.  I  have been on the forum several weeks and learned a ton about scooters in general and the Silverwing specifically.

I bought a 2003 Silverwing (my third scooter) about a week ago and it is one dandy machine.  I bought it to run the interstates two-up and it does not disappoint.

Sounds like you've a great deal on the one your looking at!  Buy it and ride the wheels off it.

Gary
Back to top Go down
scootman9612
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New on here guys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New on here guys    New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 10:15 am

Thanks powpilot, i sat on the silverwing, burgman 400 and 650, I honestly felt the most comfortable on the silverwing, the burg was a little too big for me. Can't wait until next week to pick it up
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

New on here guys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New on here guys    New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 10:17 am

Welcome to the site Scooterman. I have a 08 SWing with just over 19,000 miles on it and love it. There is a wealth of information here with plenty of people willing to share what they know with others.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New on here guys  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

New on here guys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New on here guys    New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 4:24 pm

welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

New on here guys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New on here guys    New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 5:39 pm

Scooterman with Elite 80 and then the Roketa 250 you are ready to move up to the Silverwing. You will never regret it, The Silverwing is a fine machine.
welcome
Back to top Go down
scootman9612
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New on here guys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New on here guys    New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 5:54 pm

Model28 yea man I love scooters the honda 80 is the most reliable scooter I've had. Love the thing but only does 45 and that's full throttle, I want to be able to go touring! It was either the burgman or swing but everyone says the swing is one reliable machine so the swing it is
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

New on here guys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New on here guys    New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:30 am

I've had an 86 Elite 250 and you're right they are dependable. But an upright 250 scooter sure feels odd when you get going 60-80 MPH. Shocked I've also had a Burgman 400 and I think the Silverwing is much better for me. I ride with a local scooter club and I was the first person to ride a Silverwing, now we have over a half dozen people riding them. I guess that's what happens when you let people test ride your Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
dwoodul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dwoodul

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-08-20

New on here guys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New on here guys    New on here guys  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 8:34 am

Hey there - Welcome.  It's me from the other thread.  Real glad I purchased my 2012 SWing.  Smooth as silk at 70MPH/5200RPM with only 200 miles on her.  I think I would take the SWing touring over my "other" bike (a V-Strom 650). Oh, and here is one of my "tips". Got to warn you - the folks on the V-Strom forum made fun of me for this one... So, here goes anyway. To easily and quickly knock off dust/light dirt/mud whatever I've been using a feather duster. It does a great job of just knocking off dust/dirt without scratching the wax/paint/windshield. I don't wash my bikes much so this "dusting" is sometimes the only bath they get for long stretches. I do wash occasionally but a quick dust-off usually makes them presentable. This evens knocks off some of the smaller bugs - not the giant dragonfly I smacked this AM but some of the smaller ones... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New on here guys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New on here guys    New on here guys  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New on here guys
Page 1 of 1