Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Took Delivery of New Silverwing today

Go down 
+11
Winger61
LDB
Greysilver
model28a
hotwings
bigbird
GHM-PM
"Hi Yo"
john grinsel
JeffR_
Old Limey
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Took Delivery of New Silverwing today Empty
PostSubject: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:52 pm

As some of you know it was my intention to buy a new Silverwing ,to replace my seven year old Silverwing, and as a birthday present to myself. Well, at eleven a.m. today i said goodbye to my present bike and hello to my new one. Iwas determined to see 40,000mls trip up before i parted with the bike, and i had to do a little detour to see this happen. I'm a little irked that I didn't get any extras out of the deal, but it seemed the dealer was holding all the cards. There was just enough fuel in the bike to get to the nearest fuel pump. So, I've checked it out, and made some adjustments, and off i go again. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:54 pm

Limey,

Congrats on the new SWing and hope you like it just as much. Are you able to get used to all of the new features of this one since each year has drastic changes.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3299
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Have fun with new SilverWing----current model year not available in US, my "new" SilverWing is leftover 2013.

This is second new SilverWing for me---2009 and now 2013---I notice little difference, maybe the new one is working on warping brake rotors.

Get tired of SilverWing---just took my TU250 Suzuki out of 8 month lay up, much cheaper to run, but fun in its own way and great skill builder.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Took Delivery of New Silverwing today 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 1:32 pm

cheers   cheers   cheers  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  cheers   cheers   cheers 
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:04 pm

Congratulations on your new ride!!!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Congrats, O.L.
69 years old and getting a new bike. Good for you. I hope when I get to 69 I'm still riding, and on a new bike as well.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:36 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
Limey,

Congrats on the new SWing and hope you like it just as much.  Are you able to get used to all of the new features of this one since each year has drastic changes.   Smile 
Drastic changes??? My wife and i looked at a 2013 at a dealer in NY state, the only obvious difference from our 05 was the two front storage box covers. Other than that it looked identical.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:47 pm

hotwings,

I was just kidding. They have changed very, very little since they came out.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:00 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
hotwings,

I was just kidding.  They have changed very, very little since they came out.
OIC!!! Sorry i mean oh i see Smile
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:20 pm

frustrated  To me the two front storage box covers are a welcome difference. I have a friend who has an older one and he was thrilled that it didn't have the same storage box covers as the newer models.
Oh and back on topic Old Limey congratulations on your new Silverwing I wish you many safe miles on your new ride.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 6:18 pm

JeffR_ wrote:
hotwings,

I was just kidding.  They have changed very, very little since they came out.

Guess that means they got it right the "first" time? Actually except for colors there is not a lot I would change in a new SW.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 7:40 pm

hotwings wrote:

OIC!!! Sorry i mean oh i see Smile

If that's a dig at MikeO, the admin; not cool.
If you're trying to be funny, try harder.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks, Terry !
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 8:22 pm

First, Happy Birthday! Next, huge congratulations on your new black S wing! Many happy miles.
Back to top Go down
LDB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
LDB

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2014-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:22 pm

Congrats on the new bike. Are you saying the dealer delivered it with just enough fuel to get to the nearest station? That would be pretty rude. I hope you get 40k out of this one and when you do get another 40k after that.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 5:31 am

Bigbird i see your still trying to be accepted as a moderator. Try harder, maybe someday you will sit with the gods Smile
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 6:44 am

Thanks everyone, the reason for getting another Silverwing, after trying the Burgman 650 and the Yamaha TMax, was really it had everything i wanted.I think Mr Honda thinks as I do "if it ain't broke ,don't fix it". Yorkshire people are well know for thier meaness(more than the Scots) thats why there was hardly any fuel in the bike from this Yorkshire dealer. The last thing I fitted on the old bike before handing it over, was the under seat light bulb and the first thing i removed on the new bike was! the underseat light bulb.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 9:49 am

hotwings wrote:
Bigbird i see your still trying to be accepted as a moderator. Try harder, maybe someday you will sit with the gods Smile

When the admin states that he's had enough shenanigans with members like yourself who seem to want to challenge every decision made, you have several options.

1) Ignore the admin's wishes and have yourself red-flagged by the "gods".
2) Toe the line and accept the expectations.
3) Leave the forum.

From my 5 years of belonging to this forum, I have seen it all. You seem to be pushing the limits for door #1.

The admin has publicly stated that he doesn't care right now if his forum self destructs and disappears. Is that what you want? Do you want to keep pushing and prodding him? What's your goal and expectations of this forum?

Your answer seems to be to attack me as a wanna' be "god". I want to see this forum survive and help those members who are actually here to learn or help others, or both. From your postings and attitude it seems you are here to try and bring it down. May the "gods" have mercy on you.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 11:25 am

Old Limey wrote:
Yorkshire people are well know for thier meaness(more than the Scots) thats why there was hardly any fuel in the bike from this Yorkshire dealer. 

NO, it's 'cos they knew you were from t'other side of the Pennines, they knew you'd have plenty of money!! Laughing

Graham. (Tyke in exile!)
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 11:48 am

bigbird wrote:
hotwings wrote:

Your answer seems to be to attack me as a wanna' be "god". I want to see this forum survive and help those members who are actually here to learn or help others, or both. 
Removing all your posts and replacing with an "x" a couple years ago is helping the forum? I will say no more on this. I just dont need or want you correcting my posts to gain ground on your dream of moderator. No further comments from me unless you want it. By the way (oops almost typed BTW) i do enjoy this forum and do NOT want it ended.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:08 pm

hotwings wrote:
I will say no more on this.

You've got my support on that.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:48 am

bigbird in bold letters, bigbird Site Admin! When did that happen?  scratch
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 3:13 am

Last night.

It makes sense to have several technical experts as moderators and administrators. Smile

Edited for typing error, attention to which has been drawn in the following post and, therefore, makes sense of it.

Last edited by MikeO on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Took Delivery of New Silverwing today 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 5:51 am

MikeO wrote:
Last night.

It makes sense to have several techical experts as moderators and administrators. Smile 

cheers  We is all "techical" experts! Technically speaking.  affraid 
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 7:25 am

Are any of the admin actually riding big miles?? Turning the wrenches or doing own tire work??
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 7:43 am

john grinsel wrote:
Are any of the admin actually riding big miles??  Turning the wrenches or doing own tire work??

John, do you really think that's all it takes to become an admin? Lost in your open mindedness again? Have a great day.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 7:49 am

john grinsel wrote:
Are any of the admin actually riding big miles??  Turning the wrenches or doing own tire work??

Does it really matter if an admin rides 10 000 miles a season, 1 000 miles a season, or 0 miles a season? An admin's responsibility is to administer the site; i.e. to make sure that members follow the owner's posting guidelines, respect each other, and interact collegially. That hasn't been happening lately. Yes, I turn wrenches. No, I don't remove my tires from my rims. No, I don't do 10 000 miles a season. I'm not sure how your criteria would make any difference to the administration of this forum, John.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:51 am

john grinsel wrote:

John,

I have posted way more Pictorials than you have. Some of us actually help others on how to do things and not just say we do things.

Bigbird,

Congrats on coming onboard.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 4:14 pm

It really is important to me if admin/experts/those commenting are really daily riders.

Any body want to ride with me to UP in Mich next week?---ride a lot, you can become quite expert in the bike and its performance/good points and bad-----not riding comments just talk to me. In US we have Trailer Bikers/weekend warriors in their Halloween costumes, trikes, etc. and not enough really riding, my take.

With no new US or NA models available ....questionable how long forum can survive, anyway. All Maxi-scooter sales dead in US, too.

I know people love to pick at me, but who cares? Maybe jealous?

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 4:22 pm

john grinsel wrote:

With no new US or NA models available ....questionable how long forum can survive, anyway.  

Negativity, John?
This forum will survive until the last Silverwing in existence will no longer run, or the supply of gasoline runs out, whichever comes first  :lol!: 
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 3:53 pm

This site has taught me NOT to comment on anyone else...if I have offended anyone by saying this I apologize.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:14 pm

THanks Ron.

As for the long-term survival of this forum I'm sure it will; another forum I belong to was formed (in 2002) first and foremost as a group/club who wanted to ride together......and we did.

It grew like Topsy and although the particular maxi around which it was formed hasn't been made for quite a number of years the forum is one of the strongest on the Internet simply because many of us are permanent friends, there is a wealth of information contained in it and we diversified - there are sections for any number of different maxis now, Silverwings included.
People are buying second-or third-hand models of the brand, too.

The UK is much more compact than the US of course but we still have an annual 'Anniversary' weekend. This year's was the 10th or 11th. and some of us congregated in Wensleydale, in Yorkshire.

No reason why Silverwing600 shouldn't endure for many years to come.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Back to the very first post in this thread, after it was hijacked about 1/3 the way down.

Old Limey, how's your new bike? Any differences you can notice between the old and new?
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Today i clocked up 200mls since collecting it. Mainly less than one hour runs, and keeping the throttle just open enough to cruise at fifty mph on the straight. I felt immediatly how much stiffer the suspension is ( i thought they put too much air in the tyres), after fitting my Top box, Airflow screen and setting up the backrest, it feels more settled. Got to remember the tyres are new as well so gently round the curves, for now. Thanks for asking Bigbird, and nice to see you get some credit for all your advice and helpfulness. Smile First I've heard of any Silverwing shindig,Yorkshire is my stomping ground,I would have attended had i known.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 2:15 pm

Yorkshire is also mine and Brubaker's stomping ground and that recent shindig was nowt to do with Silver Wings, it was the X9 Owners and Riders Club up in Wensleydale or somewhere.

I was in Batley yesterday and stopped for a coffee and a couple of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, I didn't know then that your old Silver Wing was up for sale there with a whopping great mark up!  

jawdrop
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 12:45 pm

I know Meldrew, I read your post on the "other" website. I don't mind someone making a Reasonable profit but ,come on, nearly £2,000! and, i had to pay for Heated handle bar grips!!. One thing for sure they won't be seeing me again. If you consider they only got the bike at 11.am on Friday they cannot have done anything at all to it. Mad  
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:08 pm

I think you should take the credit for the care you took of the 'lovingly looked after' Silver Wing' you traded in. Because they're offering a free 12 month guarantee with 'this bargain of a scooter', and contrary to what you posted on the "other" website, they're saying 'tyre condition excellent'.

I'm worried now if you read their ad you'll be riding back over the Pennines to buy it back!  Smile
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:49 pm

No chance of that Meldrew. I think they were impressed because, i filled in the service book at every service that i did. And documeted everything i had done from buying it, including when i changed the brake fluid. It has happened twice before when i have sold a bike, that the next buyer has contacted me,and thanked me for giving such a detailed description of when and what I have done,It's just something I do. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:39 pm

You and that bloke from Lancashire on the other forum that's just bought a new Silver Wing should get together sometime, he does all his own maintenance too.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Took Delivery of New Silverwing today   Took Delivery of New Silverwing today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Took Delivery of New Silverwing today
Page 1 of 1