Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
igaligal8
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-06-06

Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) Empty
PostSubject: Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure)   Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 11:38 am

Hello, I just relocated from Ohio to San Diego, CA and I am considering just using my 2007 S/Wing with tow pac kit trike as my primary transportation. I was wondering if there is a kit/modification that can be made to shield the rider (like a canopy or enclosure) from the elements.

Also, I need a place to get maintenance and repairs.

Any recommendations is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure)   Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:33 pm

You might see what AliBaba has

http://www.alibaba.com/wholesale/search/Motorcycle/121888_1.html

Of course, most of it is CCS.

Jon  :flower: 
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure)   Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Been dealing with Silverwings since 2003 and have never seen what you are looking for.

Hmmm.....
Thinking about how one might create such a thing.
Rear mount points for a flat roof shouldn't be to hard to figure out.
But even with angled supporting arms going forward to support the roof,
The wind at highway speeds would overcome it like driving with a convertible top half way up.
Front mount points no matter where you go, there is plastic in the way.
You would have to find frame points that you could drill through plastic to...

Even if you reinforced a windshield and had clear plastic that could snap to it and go back...
I think that would still put a lot of pressure on the windshield.

The picture below is a Silverwing Trike with Fehling protection rails.
Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) Paul_s_burgman_trip_036
In theory you might be able to attach a flat top canopy of your own design to these rails,
But I really think you would be wasting money, and the rails are not designed to support that stress.
For more on Fehling rails you'll have to search the internet.  
They are the only company that makes rails for the Silverwing, and lets just say not a popular accessory.

You can check out a termoscud here:
http://www.tucanourbano.com/int/motorcycle-scooter-leg-covers-hand-covers/termoscud.html?brand=87&model=326
Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) R036_honda_silverwing
However in San Diego, where it almost never rains and people don't seem to know how to
drive when it does, your best bet is ATGATT.  All the gear all the time.

Choose a windshield that best suits your needs.

Get a summer weight armored jacket for daily riding, and a rain suit that can go over your
clothes, to keep under the seat for the 9 days a year that it does rain.
The nights that it gets chilly, you can still put on your rain suit as a windbreaker.
Gloves...maybe heated grips if money is not short.
You don't get a lot of extreme weather in San Diego.

Other than the above, focus on safety upgrades.  Extra lighting, mirror extenders etc.
Make yourself as noticeable as possible.

If you feel the need to communicate while riding, look for helmet Bluetooth addons.
Cell phone use in San Diego without handsfree is illegal anyway.

Dan
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure)   Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 7:33 am

Suggest a good riding suit----Roof would really screw up handling. Pizza delivery 50cc scooters have roof in Japan....but they do not go fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure)   Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cover for rider on trike (Canopy or Enclosure)
Page 1 of 1