Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 12:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Honda Forza

Go down 
+6
john grinsel
Magoo Triker
CathyN
bigbird
strongmaterial
Jinglebob
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:35 pm

I'm sure this is posted in the wrong place, but there doesn't seem to be a file for it in the Other Scooters section.  I apologize if I have discombobulated the ethos and contributed to increased entropy... Smile 

I'm interested in knowing whether anyone has taken a look at the new Honda Forza.  I love my SWing, but wouldn't mind getting something a bit smaller for local runs.  

Our dealer has one and I gave it a sit and once over last week.  Seems comfortable, not quite as much legroom, nice dash and good dash storage boxes.  Regular, replaceable handlebars.  Decent, but oddly shaped, underseat storage.  Maintenance points easily accessible...oil filter is on the left side under the passenger peg...you can practically unscrew it by hand.  Windshield is short and I suspect you'd have to replace it for decent wind protection.

Reminds me of a new and improved Reflex.

Anyone checked out a Forza?
Back to top Go down
strongmaterial
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-02-07

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:23 pm

I looked and say on one at a dealer in my area. It looks too small for a 300cc. I think I like the design of the reflex better. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:36 pm

I sat on one in a showroom. I'm a tall guy, and it was too cramped for me.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:15 pm

I sat on one at the IMC show this weekend. Too cramped for me.
Back to top Go down
Magoo Triker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Magoo Triker

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-08-03

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 1:15 am

I have a Reflex and felt cramped on the 300. I was going to test ride but the guy said I would not like it as I have a Silver Wing. I was not impressed at all with it. I am still out to lunch on the fact Honda stop production on both the Reflex and the Silver Wing.

Magoo Triker
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 5:38 am

Honda stopped bringing SilverWing and Reflex to US as they do not sell well here period---Forza is update on Reflex but with different engine/valve adjustment system.

Having had both Reflex and now 2 SilverWings, new----did take test ride on Forza---power ok, suspension a little hard....and there is windshield problem if you ride a lot....and the BLACK Wheels which I don't like.

Difference in price for me at Southern Honda, 2014 ABS Forza, 2013 leftover SilverWing, around $2,500 of less, took SilverWing as I know GIVI adjustable shield makes SilverWing comfortable on the long haul. Honda does have tall windshield for $139 for Forza.

I could live with Forza-----but really want turn key type set up-----everything I needed to make SilverWing usable easy to get--GIVI Rack,GIVI tunnel bag---my old E-46 Box works...still waiting on back order Windshield...I am familiar with tires for SilverWing and not those for Forza. Didn't want to spend summer making Forza into something that works for me.....but Forza in US model does have electric plug!!
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-09-19

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Hi jinglebob , i had a test ride on a new Honda forza its posted in the other scooter section on this site .Was not really impressed .
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Sat on one - never rode one - looking at specs IMHO I thing the Forza is a 'dog' in Sheeps Clothing - don't waste your time unless you want an overpriced, underpowered stooter.

Last edited by Dimond on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 10:46 pm

Interesting. Not hearing a rousing chorus of praise for the Forza. Guess I'll do a rethink on it...
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Jinglebob wrote:
Interesting.  Not hearing a rousing chorus of praise for the Forza.  Guess I'll do a rethink on it...

Please do!
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:11 am

Whats Hondas logic placing the rapid sh 3ooi s engine in a bike that weighs another 30 kgs, and then detuneing it ? Also the rear suspension is terrible certainly rattled my fillings even with the well padded seat .Heard of a couple of problems with the locking glove box catch ,and plastic coming adrift under the rear end between the bottom of the seat and the rear wheel .Come on Honda not good enough .  confused 
Back to top Go down
strongmaterial
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:43 am

I am not sure what crowd honda is trying to capture with this bike. Not the burgman 400 riders for sure. I think this will try to rival the kymco citycom 300i but it doesn't show the normal edge that honda seems to have against kymco.
Back to top Go down
davidparker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-01-09

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:53 am

I agree with strongmaterial. I had a Burgman 400, before I got my Silverwing. The Burgman 400 is a way better scoot than the Forza. If you really want a Forza, wait for 6 months, they will be offering big discounts. Honda missed the mark on this one.
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:06 pm

Have to agree with david parker ,only 6 months old and needs some serious mods to compete with the competition ,burger 400 ,kymco 300 .
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Repeating.....I could live with Forza, but picked another SilverWing---probably based on price/discount, including all of the necessary junk to make SilverWing serviceable/rideable/comfortable...and a shop manual.

My view on scooters/rider for 61 years.....they are putt putts and not real replacement for proper motorcycle and ridden as scooters they are fun and can carry a lot of stuff under seat....feet stay kinda dry in rain, devils to work on....the new plastic ones
Having had 2 Burgman 400's---while they work, they are not wonderful---buffeting regardless of windshield selection/mods----lots of unsprung rear weight going up and down!!===can equal some goofy handling.

Give Forza a chance and actually ride/buy/and work on one. Price is not bad.
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 2:40 pm

john grinsel wrote:

My view on scooters/rider for 61 years.....they are putt putts and not real replacement for proper motorcycle.

And those of us who don't ride "proper" bikes aren't "real" bikers, I suppose?

Mad 
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Bikers in my experience are the ones in the US,the who dress up in the costumes, prefer trailer or pick up for their bike and are not equipped for foul weather----Motorcylists ride, can handle what the weather brings and work on their skills. Try Daytona or Sturgis for bikers that come in on trailers---make lots of noise....but talk the talk, etc.
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 4:00 pm

We call those "Crutch Rocket Riders"! Bike and leathers in pristine, matching colours, and who only ride with friends and only on a Sunday ... if it's sunny.

For the most part, the rest of us are bikers. PTW* riders who just get on and ride, for fun, commuting, work, etc. "Bike" or "Scooter" - all the same.

*Powered Two Wheeler = bike

Back to top Go down
strongmaterial
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 4:06 pm

A lot of us here have ridden "proper motorcycles" for quite some time but decided we wanted the practicality of riding scooters. Each motorcycle/scooter is targeted to a certain audience. We are expressing or opinions on the forza based on being silverwing riders.
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Not so here ,Honda sh 300i rider, in my opinion better scoot than the forza .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Honda Forza Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza   Honda Forza I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honda Forza
Page 1 of 1