Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 12:04 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Rider backrest modification

Go down 
+13
GHM-PM
Colin B
jdeereanton
Meldrew
Cosmic_Jumper
WingMan02
JeffR
"Hi Yo"
lalee
DickO
som2002
bigtrain
Dramhunter
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dramhunter
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Dramhunter

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Rider backrest modification - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rider backrest modification   Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 12:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm a tall bloke and find short/medium runs with the rider backrest pushed fully back to be fine but a recent 250 miler showed that I need more leg space for long runs.

If I remove the backrest I have plenty of room but end up sitting on the slide guides. Any easy ideas for dealing with that?

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://northlight.artistwebsites.com/index.html

AuthorMessage
bigtrain
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
bigtrain

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2013-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Rider backrest modification   Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 1:43 pm

pic , maybe........
Attachments
Rider backrest modification - Page 2 Attachment021.jpg
pic
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(46 Kb) Downloaded 80 times
Back to top Go down
Granny Rides
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Granny Rides

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-02-21

PostSubject: Backrest Mods   Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 9:40 am

Has anyone used this modification for the butt to backrest mod:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Silverwing-Reflex-Drivers-Backrest-kit-Complete-/270772988952?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0b53ec18&vxp=mtr

Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Rider backrest modification   Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 10:22 am

There are many, many versions of these butt-bumper to backrest modifications and most all are based on a metal bracket/s. This looks to be one of the better systems. My SWing came with a basic pair, but I am modding my seat further and will not be using them, so if you want the brackets, they are yours for the postage.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2565
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Rider backrest modification   Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:04 am

Panamon wrote:
Has anyone used this modification for the butt to backrest mod:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Silverwing-Reflex-Drivers-Backrest-kit-Complete-/270772988952?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0b53ec18&vxp=mtr

I use the exact same rest from the same seller. Easy to install (I am not much on fabricating my own) and works fine! Easy to remove if necessary, less than 5 min.
Back to top Go down
Granny Rides
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Granny Rides

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-02-21

PostSubject: Butt to Backrest Mods   Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:22 am

Scooter BJ wrote:"so if you want the brackets, they are yours for the postage."

That is so nice of you, Thanks so much! I am waiting for my bike, which should be here Thursday or Friday of next week. I've
got a trade going on for my 1500 Kaw, barring anything major
wrong with them. I know my Kaw is in good shape. I'll get back with you and let you know if I need them. I'm only 5'4" s I
might not need any mods Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rider backrest modification   Rider backrest modification - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rider backrest modification
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2