Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Rider scan.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2013-09-19

Rider scan. Empty
PostSubject: Rider scan.   Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 3:54 am

Greetings all ,just wondered if any of you scooter riders heard of a safety gismo called rider scan ? My good lady just bought me one ,its basically a rear view mirror that gives you 180 degrees rear vision on your scoot. A guy invented it after having a near miss when pulling out onto a dual carriageway .He saw his reflection in a saucepan at home and discovered because the pan was curved he had a amazing view of his kitchen .Hence the rider scan a perebolic mirror. I should stress this is a rider aid and we all should continue with our lifesavers .Let you know how I get on with the rider scan when fitted.  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Rider scan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rider scan.   Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:50 am

I fitted the Rider scan, last year. I found it did not improve my side view anymore than a little overtaker mirror. By the time you saw a vehicle correctly in the scan, it was too late to change course in any event. My "scan is on a shelf in my garage gathering dust, save your money,woodworker, good in theory ,not good in practice. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Rider scan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rider scan.   Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Old Limey wrote:
I fitted the Rider scan, last year. I found it did not improve my side view anymore than a little overtaker mirror. By the time you saw a vehicle correctly in the scan, it was too late to change course in any event. My "scan is on a shelf in my garage gathering dust, save your money,woodworker, good in theory ,not good in practice. Smile 

I remember the RiderScan mirror being discussed on the Muppets forum and the old boy that bought one wasn't particularly impressed with it.  Wink  The Reevu motorcycle helmet was another take on the convex blind spot mirror idea and hasn't caught on. Similarly I had a pair SAENG/TA Quick Scan blind spot mirrors fitted to the Sprint screen on my Helix years ago, they were OK but you had to look at them longer than a normal rear view mirror.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Rider scan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rider scan.   Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:44 pm

I was that "Old Boy". Smile Just as a point, UK riders, my headlight bulb needed replacing recently. M&P wanted £10 60+ pp. I got two H7 bulbs on ebay for £2.80 inludung p&p. Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Rider scan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rider scan.   Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:51 pm

I knew you were that "Old Boy"!  Smile
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Rider scan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rider scan.   Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:34 am

Hi old limey , have fitted the rider scan that my wife bought me .Not gave it a test ride yet but let you know how it goes .I wanted too ask you if you used the self adhesive stickers on your riderscan too mount .If so how did you get them off?  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Rider scan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rider scan.   Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 12:09 pm

I used the stickers on my shield as they advised, i was a bit worried when i came to remove the scan that i might damage the screen. I put some WD40 on them and let it sink in for about 10 minutes, then i used a little(wallpaper) scraper and gently eased it away whilst squirting a little more WD40 as it came away. If you could use a plastic scraper i think that would be less likely to mark the screen, but i didn't mark mine. It may work for you, but i didn't like looking at myself all the time as in a video, and honestly the little overtaker mirrors you can buy, in my opinion are better. Smile   
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Rider scan. Empty
PostSubject: Rider scan   Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Dental floss used in a sawing motion is quite effective in removing 'sticky pads'. The remaining adhesive is usually simple to clean up with Sticky stuff remover.
Back to top Go down
drewsieboy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-11-01

Rider scan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rider scan.   Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:48 pm

I have used the scan for about a year and find it quite useful. IMHO it is way overpriced, as i am a good looking old git it is nice to see yourself when appropriate. pip pip.
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Rider scan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rider scan.   Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 3:45 am

Thanks for the advice old limey and biker boy ,did think of using a debonder spray that I use in woodworking however did not know how it would effect the screen .I have repositioned the scan as not really effective wear it was .Let you know weather I can live with it or not as the case maybe.  small moped
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Rider scan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rider scan.   Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 3:50 am

Drewsie boy , as one good looking old git too another the jury still out on the rider scan.I think it will take some getting use too .Plus of course cannot stop looking at my lovely reflection in the mirror its addictive ha ha ride safe.  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
woodworker
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Rider scan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rider scan.   Rider scan. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Well getting use too the rider scan now ,do not feel the need too constantly comb my hair in its mirror ha.Seriously I think its a good bit of kit but I stress the correct positioning of the rider scan is crucial to its success ,be safe merry Christmas all scooterists.  santa 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rider scan. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rider scan.   Rider scan. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rider scan.
Page 1 of 1