Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Left brake micro-switch
rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Today at 9:08 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeby gustav Today at 7:58 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

rpm when cvt engages

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
steve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-02

rpm when cvt engages Empty
PostSubject: rpm when cvt engages   rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:43 pm

I seem to be close to 2500 rpm before the swing starts moving. Dosn't this seem high? and how do you adjust...tks
Back to top Go down
MikeH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MikeH

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: rpm when cvt engages   rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:03 am

That is the normal RPM for clutch engagement. It takes that much rpm for the clutch to overcome the force of the clutch springs. The only way to adjust it is to change out the clutch springs.....or go to an aftermarket clutch.
Back to top Go down
steve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: rpm when cvt engages   rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:17 pm

mike - a friend down the street has an 09 and he says his comes on below 2000. My 07 burgman 650 comes on below 1500. I am so confused....steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rpm when cvt engages   rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Steve,

Take a look at:

https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-topics-f3/i-guess-it-s-normal-t653.htm

which has some information you should find useful about this issue.

Mandy
Back to top Go down
MikeH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MikeH

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: rpm when cvt engages   rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:40 pm

steve wrote:
mike - a friend down the street has an 09 and he says his comes on below 2000. My 07 burgman 650 comes on below 1500. I am so confused....steve

Steve,
From what I read on various forums, 2200 - 2500 is a normal range for clutch engagement on the S'Wing. Mine engages at 2500 when I use a very slow acceleration to try and pinpoint the exact engagement. However, if I give it full throttle, it probably engages around 2000 RPM (hard to tell exactly because the tach needle is moving rapidly). You friend's '09 could be engaging at a lower RPM for several reasons. 1) It is a newer belt with less wear. 2) He could be measuring his clutch engagement at WOT instead of very slow acceleration. 3) He could have a different clutch spring or clutch shoe springs, 4) He could have different variator weights. There is no use comparing the S'Wing clutch engagement RPM to the Burgman. They are two different animals with two different designs and two different sets of components.
Back to top Go down
steve
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: rpm when cvt engages   rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:13 pm

mikeh - you are 100% right - my friend may not be accurate - he only has 600 miles - and yes I cannot compare the burgman - when coming to a stop on the suzuki - there is some type of grabbing and engine slowing all the way to stop. much different animals - I will have to go back to using the brake with rpms up when making a U turn...tks...steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rpm when cvt engages   rpm when cvt engages I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rpm when cvt engages
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: