Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Topbox luggage rack

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Topbox luggage rack Empty
PostSubject: Topbox luggage rack   Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 2:01 pm

I found this today and thought that's a good idea: http://www.getgeared.co.uk/LOUIS_Universal_Topcase_Large_Luggage_Racks?sc=28&category=209
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Topbox luggage rack   Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 2:19 pm

wingnprayer,

That looks nice but it is listed as 44 pounds so I think that is about $80. Do you know if they fit on all top cases too? It would be nice when touring. Thanks for the find.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

PostSubject: Re: Topbox luggage rack   Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Not 100% sure, however it shows the drill distances as: 37.5cms long side / 18.2cms short side

I've actually had this idea in my head ever since I was thinking through ways to carry a tent/sleeping bags for camping. I wondered if anyone had made it and sure enough they have.

Also a nice accessory for anyone with a bit of chrome on their SW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topbox luggage rack   Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:49 pm

I purchased the GIVI E 96 luggage rack ($68) for my GIVI E-52 maxia case. It is flat black and not quite as big as the one pictured in the link mentioned above. The case comes pre-marked for where to drill holes for the rack. It is handy for carrying things that do not fit in the case or under the seat.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/91/419/
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Topbox luggage rack   Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:43 pm

Couple of guys i know have them funny enough from get geared its about 5/6 miles from me they use them for light stuff like sleeping bags and waterproofs when we go away.
I think they used some kind of sealent around the drill holes just to make sure they dont leak
Back to top Go down
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

PostSubject: Re: Topbox luggage rack   Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:27 pm

Was thinking that a cheap easy way to get a rack on your top box is add cabinet door handles, ie the sort used on modern Kitchen cabinets, eg:

http://www.tradevv.com/TradevvImage/productimages/Cabinet-handles-A505f5.jpg

A set of these at the front and back should give you something to attach bungie chords to. Also if you pick an appropriate designer/chrome version perhaps no one will even twig what they are!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topbox luggage rack   Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:46 pm

Just a thought about how much you're carrying.

I was out this past weekend on a long ride, and didn't put anything in my top box. I noticed a real difference in the handling of my Swing, it was a much less demanding ride. I had a full case on my passenger seat, and stuff in my under-seat compartment, so it wasn't that I wasn't carrying anything. Has anyone else noticed this?

On the other hand, we just got a 52 oz top box for my husband's bike, and it says not to put more than ten pounds in it. Can you imagine putting less than ten lbs in?
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Topbox luggage rack   Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:27 am

I have noticed this your quite right ive taken my top box off altogether even when i do use it i do keep it empty and put my helmet in or jacket when i stop
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topbox luggage rack   Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:57 am

mr fish wrote:
I have noticed this your quite right ive taken my top box off altogether even when i do use it i do keep it empty and put my helmet in or jacket when i stop

That's why I left it empty...so that I could leave my helmet in it, and the keep the picnic supplies under the seat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Topbox luggage rack   Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:22 pm

On my trip I tried to put the lightest things in the top case. I packed the heavy things under the seat and then hooked on a cooler behind me. In the space between the cooler and the Givi trunk I was able to secure a roll. I didn't really notice any difference in the handling of the bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topbox luggage rack   Topbox luggage rack I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Topbox luggage rack
Page 1 of 1