Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 23:39

» noise under load
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 23:04

» Hello from Illinois!
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed 15 May 2024, 19:13

» Silverwing Brakes
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed 15 May 2024, 04:57

» LF extended back rest
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Tue 14 May 2024, 00:57

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon 13 May 2024, 17:53

» checking the oil
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon 13 May 2024, 15:11

» Left brake micro-switch
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Sat 11 May 2024, 00:57

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri 10 May 2024, 22:36

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri 10 May 2024, 13:11

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield

Go down 
+31
hotwings
Bash On!
johnd
WingMan02
GerardButlersHamster
Dramhunter
DickO
Mr Magic Fingers
Scoundrel
ekimsepol
Day Trippin
"Hi Yo"
JeffR_
Chilliwing
Colin B
eddy
Scroller
exavid
GHM-PM
tarmacburner2
MikeO
jmaslak
CathyN
model28a
Meldrew
john grinsel
adventure boy
1Wingman1
hobbykim
RamblinRedhead
Pastor Ron
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 May 2013, 12:56

First topic message reminder :

I just purchased a GIVI AF214 AirFlow windshield at Helmet Cycle and the total price is now $278.67 free shipping.
FYI
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Jul 2013, 14:41

Sorry my +1 was not taken as meant....what I meant was, +1 on "Life is too short"....I guess on THIS forum I have to be exact. sorry for any mis-conceptions.
Back to top Go down
Chilliwing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Chilliwing

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Jul 2013, 16:14

I do take the issue of screen separation seriously and have the following to offer.

To adjust screen height without using tools you have to leave the adjustment bolts somewhat loose. If you tighten them down all the way you cannot slide the screen up or down.

I always ride with and prefer the top part of the screen in the highest position on the slide. Therefore I tighten the bolts firmly. Have checked them continuously with no sign of loosening.

The down side of this is if you like to fiddle with your screen height it can be a pain in the arse to loosen the adjusters on a ride.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Jul 2013, 17:06

Pastor Ron wrote:
Sorry my +1 was not taken as meant....what I meant was, +1 on "Life is too short"....I guess on THIS forum I have to be exact. sorry for any mis-conceptions.

My sincere apologies to you Pastor Ron for misunderstanding what you meant, and naming you alongside Colin B and that other bloke that I seem to have pissed off Scrotum, sorry I couldn't resist that I mean Scroller!  Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Jul 2013, 17:30

MODERATOR'S HAT ON:

I think this has gone far enough because overt personal insults/name-calling are not acceptable on this forum.
Desist or the thread will be closed.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Jul 2013, 19:04

MODIFIERS HAT ON:

Good idea.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Jul 2013, 19:40

Yeah, I was just about to post something about this topic. Thanks Mike for getting to it.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Jul 2013, 21:59

I want a hat. Can you post a picture and a pictorial on how to put it on? I think I wear a Fathead Dunce or Wisea** XXXL. Do you stock these or have a link to the best source? Also, I want to know what colour ( I'm pretty sure they're European) is best and are hat farkles available. I know what JeffR is getting for Christmas. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I meant that winter seasonal holiday that you may or may not celebrate.
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2013, 09:17

Meanwhile, back at the ranch......

CathyN, thank you for your commendation of the AirFlow. I've been considering a purchase, having read if its merits, but the price (having recently forked out for the bike) has been an issue; you've convinced me.

I've found it on sale for under UK£130 (~ US$190) - delivered.

Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2013, 15:51

Your welcome Colin.  Good price.

It really has come in useful with all the rain we have had this week in Knoxville. Getting lots of experience riding in the rain on the twisties.What a Face Shocked 

Last edited by CathyN on Wed 10 Jul 2013, 15:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added comment.)
Back to top Go down
Day Trippin
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2013, 17:40

Anyone know who has the best price in the US on this at the moment? I had a competitor's screen ordered at Twisted Throttle but apparently they no longer stock it. So I am leaning toward the Givi though I have 2 MadStad screens on other bikes.

I am slightly concerned though the AF214 might not suit my height. While I am 6'2" tall, my seated height is that of someone close to 6'5 or so. I have a long torso and not so long legs (32" inseam).

I'd hate to buy a new one in the event it doesn't work out for me so if anyone has a used Givi they want to sell PM me.
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2013, 11:50

CathyN wrote:
Good price. 

Very efficient service from the seller too. Ordered yesterday am, dispatched pm - arrived this morning. Good price AND fast, free shipping. Can't ask for more. I just have to interpret the instruction sheet now. scratch 

I'll wait until my connectors arrive from Dennis, then have a day doing all the bits and pieces ... as soon as I've finished fitting out my new garden shed. Has anyone seen my bottle opener?

Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2013, 12:12

Plenty of fitting information and tips here Colin and I'm only a phone-call away. :-)
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2013, 18:00

Thanks Mike. I've seen the tutorial and read various posts. But it can wait until tomorrow; I've been on the bowls green all afternoon and it was rather warm. Playing away to Bracknell. My rink won 22-12, but I think we lost the match overall. Sad

Cool shower and a cold beer - all is well with the world (my bit of it at least).

Back to top Go down
ekimsepol
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Oct 2013, 23:21

Does it deflect any of the wind from the grips? I ride in 28 degree weather if it's not raining.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Oct 2013, 23:46

Have you read what it says at the top of this page under the photo of the Silver Wing? Smile
Back to top Go down
Scoundrel
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Scoundrel

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Oct 2013, 23:47

Yes, to some extent. Do you have heated grips? They're well worth the hassle to install.
Back to top Go down
Scoundrel
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Scoundrel

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Oct 2013, 23:48

P.S. In the interest of "courtesy", posting a question on this forum without first writing a lengthy introduction will result in one or more members being discourteous to you about not having done so.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Oct 2013, 08:20

A lengthy introduction has never been necessary and pointing out the bad manners of someone is not in itself discourteous.
If you think it acceptable to enter a room full of strangers and join in conversations without having first at least given a brief account of who you are then those of us who don't will continue to try to maintain standards of normal good manners.
Back to top Go down
Scoundrel
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Scoundrel

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Oct 2013, 03:20

I have been using forums as long as the internet has existed.
There have been friendly ones, and there have been hostile one.
I count this forum as one of the most likely ones in my experience to be jumped upon and chastised for next to nothing.

New users are routinely rebuked for simply participating, without having dug around enough to discover that this forum has a pet peeve about introductions.

It is not a welcoming environment.

I expect that you will now tell me how wrong I am, how my viewpoint is not valid, and how I'm an unimportant/misguided/awful person for saying such things, and invite me to leave the forum if I don't like how things are run here.
You'll probably delete this post, and you might even ban me for having the audacity to have a negative opinion of the conduct of a few of the members and admins, and speaking up about it.

Please proceed. I welcome the worst you will now do unto me.
Back to top Go down
Mr Magic Fingers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mr Magic Fingers

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Oct 2013, 04:18

I have to agree with a lot of what Scoundrel has to say.

While I agree with What MikeO has to say in part… I strongly disagree with the comparison of a stranger walking into a room with strangers. That is a disjointed comparison. In a situation like that 99% of people would hold out their hand and introduce themselves… “Hi… I’m Tim”.

If your spend more than 10 minutes looking through posts here you would find that people are NOT always “Barging” into someone else’s conversations… it was a thread that they started and they are simply asking a question.

Scoundrel is right on the money when he points out that new people are chastised by a few here simply for asking the wrong questions, even when they have introduced themselves. It is most certainly NOT a welcoming environment to new comers. You need only check your stats for that.

Two “rudes” don’t make a right. A gentle “hey… did you know that…” comment to them is 1000% times better than…

Can we also add you to that growing list of members that can't be bothered to introduce themselves (even three and a half years after joining).

and

Hello mate, It's nice to see you've finally outed yourself with your first post after nearly two years membership on here.

How does this ENCOURAGE people to stay and take part?

Whether you want to call it “blunt” or “open” or “forward”, comments like what I have quoted here descend the author, the admins and this site BELOW the level of what you called “rude” and “unmannerly” for not introducing yourself.

To quote the banner you so proudly fly MikeO…

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke

So I would like to stand up and be counted too.

I encourage others to do so as well… civilly.

Tim.

Last edited by Mr Magic Fingers on Sun 20 Oct 2013, 11:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Oct 2013, 04:22

Just another indicator of how civility has been done away with in the past. Due to the "me" syndrome propagated over the last 40 or 50 years or so thru all the advanced liberalism, good manners have gone the way of the Model 'T'.

Still, answering questions of a new member might be a bit easier sometimes if they would just be courteous enough to fill in most of the "blanks" that would provide some knowledgeable background to their problem. Don'tcha think????
Back to top Go down
Mr Magic Fingers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mr Magic Fingers

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Oct 2013, 04:34

I agree 100% DickO.

Anytime I have needed help or have had questions, I have always made sure the reader knows clearly what the problem is, what I have done to try and resolve it and why. The more information you provide the better quality of the answers you get. A statement like "My bike won't start" and then "Any ideas?" does not cut it.

Tim.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Oct 2013, 13:49

Thread closed; nowhere have I made personal slights on anyone and am not prepared to accept them made on anyone, me included.

Indeed, anyone who doesn't care to conform to the standards of courtesy expected from new members is invited to leave.

Further to this, those who deliberately stir up unrest will be summarily banned from the forum.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Back to top Go down
Dramhunter
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Dramhunter

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Jun 2014, 15:54

Just bought a Givi AF214. £130 & free postage of eBay, brand new. But hey, those instructions are awful! A previous contributor had posted a pictorial guide about a year ago but the download link seems dead now. Is there another guide on the site? Don't want to mess this up Smile
Back to top Go down
http://northlight.artistwebsites.com/index.html
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Jun 2014, 16:05

Dramhunter,

Here is the Pictorial I did some years ago for the GIVI. It is the same for all windshields:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t46-givi-windshield-installation-pictorial
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Jun 2014, 16:52

I used Jeff's pictorial when I fitted my AF214.

I wrote this in another thread some time ago:

I put the bracket in place and cautiously drilled through the plastic (almost no pressure on the drill), using the empty hole in the bracket as a guide to where the hidden threaded boss is.

It's worth searching 'AF214' and reading the threads for very useful tips on installation.
Back to top Go down
Dramhunter
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Dramhunter

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Jun 2014, 20:04

Thanks guys. I did read Jeff's guide but as it wasn't specifically the AF214 I wasn't entirely sure though it did look plausible Smile

So, I am assuming that when one places the brackets where they should go they guide you as to where the hidden threaded holes are? Thos supplied instructions are almost useless!

I'll read some more posts, study Jeff's pictorial again and let you all know how it goes. Looking forward to getting it on and making the SWing even better! Cheers.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Jun 2014, 20:15

Yes, that's the case.
In fact I bolted the brackets on (finger-tight) and used the relevant hole as a guide. I'm of the opinion that if one has a sharpish drill-bit it would be quite easy to 'drill' the hole just by holding the bit in your hand.
Certainly do NOT press down too hard if using an electric drill as you may damage the threads on the captive nut - a hand drill would suffice and prevent overdoing it.
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Jun 2014, 07:47

I fitted mine applying Mike's advice about the hand driven drill bit. Quite straightforward. It all lines up. Take care not to drop anything inside the plastic!!!
Back to top Go down
Dramhunter
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Dramhunter

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Jun 2014, 11:34

Cheers, hope to do it over the weekend, will let you know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Dramhunter
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Dramhunter

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Jun 2014, 13:51

Well it's done. Those supplied instructions are fairly useless but thanks to Jeff for his clear guide which made it a doddle.

First test flight was a 6 mile local quickie and it was amazing. It confirmed my belief that the SWing would be so much more fun and comfortable to ride with a good screen. I set it at various heights but found mid-way suited fine. Fantastic noise and buffet reduction at 60mph+, almost no wind blast on my hands, I was able to hear the machine more and didn't feel the need for ear plugs and could happily ride visor up at 60. I did feel a slight negative pressure but nothing uncomfortable or untoward. Basically it's brilliant and I'm so glad I invested in one. Took me a year of ownership though! This one modification vastly improves what I feel to be an already superb wee motorcycle.

Thanks for all the recommendations and the help.

cheers

Martyn
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Jun 2014, 14:10

Good! cheers 
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2014, 04:28

Dramhunter wrote:
Well it's done. Those supplied instructions are fairly useless but thanks to Jeff for his clear guide which made it a doddle.

First test flight was a 6 mile local quickie and it was amazing. It confirmed my belief that the SWing would be so much more fun and comfortable to ride with a good screen. I set it at various heights but found mid-way suited fine. Fantastic noise and buffet reduction at 60mph+, almost no wind blast on my hands, I was able to hear the machine more and didn't feel the need for ear plugs and could happily ride visor up at 60. I did feel a slight negative pressure but nothing uncomfortable or untoward. Basically it's brilliant and I'm so glad I invested in one. Took me a year of ownership though! This one modification vastly improves what I feel to be an already superb wee motorcycle.

Thanks for all the recommendations and the help.

cheers

Martyn
This is the good about this forum. People helping people and people like Martyn acknowledging that help.  applause   applause   applause  From what others have experienced, you should check your adjusting fasteners regularly.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2014, 04:39

Martyn,

I'm glad we were all able to help you and I found the Givi AF to be the best of the 4 screens I had on the SWing. And like "Hi Yo" said, it is nice when others say thanks. It doesn't happen all the time.
Back to top Go down
Dramhunter
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Dramhunter

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2014, 13:45

Guys, I wouldn't dream of not saying thanks to folk who help me Smile

I'm commuting over the summer on the SWing and the difference the AirFlow makes to normal riding is astounding. I actually feel much more in control at higher speeds because, I guess, of the much reduced buffeting yet I never felt not in control before, if you follow. I really do want to try a good long, high speed run, just need an opportunity.

I had to lubricate the runners on the sliding section but I suppose that's no big deal at all. And the bike realy looks even better too. Cheers>
Back to top Go down
GerardButlersHamster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2014, 17:59

Hey Martyn glad the new screen has improved your riding experience.i was thinking of fitting one myself did it take you long fitting it?
Back to top Go down
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2014, 00:22

Dramhunter wrote:
Guys, I wouldn't dream of not saying thanks to folk who help me Smile

I'm commuting over the summer on the SWing and the difference the AirFlow makes to normal riding is astounding. I actually feel much more in control at higher speeds because, I guess, of the much reduced buffeting yet I never felt not in control before, if you follow. I really do want to try a good long, high speed run, just need an opportunity.

I had to lubricate the runners on the sliding section but I suppose that's no big deal at all. And the bike realy looks even better too. Cheers>

Be careful when lubricating the runners. The clamps are suppose to be adjusted to where it will lock the top screen. If it slides easily, then it can fly off the main screen. It has happened twice to a member on this forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2014, 11:23

I have a GIVI AF windshield as well. Even at a low setting so I can look over it, I don't get much buffeting at highway speeds.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2014, 21:23

k9lyonsswf, good to hear it's working for you.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2015, 18:58

I just spoke to the Givi214 distribution person about his response to my email.
They will not have the top part (that flew off) until mid Nov. 2 and a half months?
That is just not right.
I told him about my concerns about buying another will the same inherent problem and asked for a discount.
I told him the Honda silverwing forum has written many comments about the windshield and asked wither he could help us. I mentioned how much everyone on the forum would like to have a positive answer to my question and I could almost hear the gears turning.
He said he would talk to the boss. It sells for $ 69.00

Last edited by johnd on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 14:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2015, 19:11

Safety wire that slippery piece?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2015, 22:45

johnd wrote:
I just spoke to the Givi214 distribution person about his response to my email.
They will not have the top part (that flew off) until mid Nov. 2 and a half months?
That is just not right.
I told him about my concerns about buying another will the same inherent problem and asked for a discount.
I told him the Honda silverwing forum has written many comments about the windshield and asked wither he could help us. I mentioned how much everyone on the forum would like to have a positive answer to my question and I could almost hear the gears turning.
He said he would talk to the boss

Two and a half months to wait for a replacement top screen, that's totally unacceptable, I've had two fly off at high speed and had replacements delivered in about a week or so. Getting a replacement top air scoop for my Schuberth J1 helmet that the impact of the first screen removed hitting it took a lot longer.

I'm on my second replacement now and it's been there since June 2012, I rigged up the Meldrew Airflow Retention System because I was going to Germany a couple of days after I fitted it and kept on for a few months. Now it's almost three years since I removed it and I've done nothing since, apart from putting a bit of WD 40 on the clamps. There's now an adjustable Wunderlich spoiler on top of the screen that's more than double the price of a replacement Givi top screen.

I don't know what you expect Givi to do about your lost top screen, and as for everyone on the forum is looking for a positive answer, well I'm not one of them. Being unlucky enough to lose two screens was my problem and mine alone. I posted on here about it each time it happened to inform others, and you're the only one that's had a top screen fly off in the last three years. So it's hardly a serious problem with the Airflow considering the number of members that have fitted them.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2015, 11:23

Being an airflow newbie I wonder how the top section can come off. Maybe a faulty made one? I've released the clamps at 90kph and did some adjusting, up and down, even then I had to tap and yank the bejeezus out of it to move.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2015, 14:53

hotwings wrote:
<> I've released the [Air Flow] clamps at 90kph and did some adjusting, up and down, even then I had to tap and yank the bejeezus out of it to move.

Sheesh, HotWings, talk about "inviting disaster"...

But, hey, the legendary Indian Larry use to ride NYC streets while standing on the saddle. Then he died at 55 doing the same stunt.

I do hope that you are wearing a full face helmet when you decide to perform your "Watch This..." AirFlow trick.

Tim
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2015, 21:06

If your not living on the edge your taking up too much space! Laughing
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2015, 04:41

I made a mistake doing something similar on my last SW. I was on the freeway and decided to raise the windshield a bit. It came off in my hand (I hadn't adjusted the clamps yet) which left me with one hand on the throttle and no hand for the rear brake at 70mph. I hastily inserted the top part between me and the seat (nicer than saying I stuck it under my butt) and found a place to pull off the road to put things right.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2015, 16:38

exavid wrote:
<>I was on the freeway and decided to raise the windshield a bit. It came off in my hand <> found a place to pull off the road to put things right.

That would be the edge of the road, wouldn't? So by HotWings' definition, even though you ceased movement, you weren't taking up too much space.

I thought that that theory only applied to major urban areas, not rural Canada or Oregon.

Tim
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2015, 19:27

This boy doesn't stop on a freeway unless I can get fully off the pavement. I don't plan on being hit by someone traveling 75mph and texting.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2016, 21:09

Got my new Airflow installed this week. All good things said about it is so true. I´m so glad for it! One major thing is you´re able to anticipate lines as the upper edge doesn´t disturb your view. this was very important as the road was so bumpy today.

Last edited by Leena Hallasmaa on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 23:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2016, 21:58

Good! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next