Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Rear shock longevity
Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Such a Convenient Mod.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Such a Convenient Mod. Empty
PostSubject: Such a Convenient Mod.   Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:19 am

I got this garage door remote on sale for $21. Its so convenient now when coming home not to have to dismount and either have to shut the bike off or use the center stand to go inside and hit the garage door opener button on the far wall. Its programmed to open either of my two garage doors. I carbon fiber wrapped it to match the mirrors and underskirt. its fastened onto the gps Ram mount with velcro.Such a Convenient Mod. Photo10
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Such a Convenient Mod.   Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:31 am

Extremely convenient...and extremely susceptible to theft.

Recommend you spend a little more time and remote mount the control and extend wires to unmarked buttons mounted on bike dashboard.

Better yet, if you have a wifi setup at your house and a cell phone that uses it, there are a number of videos on youtube that show how you can open and close the garage door from your cell phone. Not as convenient, but much safer!
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Such a Convenient Mod.   Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:31 am

Thats why i used velcro. I can drop it in the locked glove box if im leaving the bike somewhere. I think this would be a lot more convenient than gettin the phone out and waiting for an app to start up.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Such a Convenient Mod.   Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:07 pm

I bought a pushbutton that replaces the clamp on my front brake master cylinder at Cycle Gear. It was made to be used as a kill switch but it is just a contact switch. Then I hooked it up to my garage door remote. Now I can reach the button without taking my hand off the handlebars and nothing to get stolen.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

PostSubject: Re: Such a Convenient Mod.   Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:58 pm

model28a wrote:
I bought a pushbutton that replaces the clamp on my front brake master cylinder at Cycle Gear. It was made to be used as a kill switch but it is just a contact switch. Then I hooked it up to my garage door remote. Now I can reach the button without taking my hand off the handlebars and nothing to get stolen.
Thats a great idea. Did you have a keyfob remote or the regular sunvisor kind?
Back to top Go down
abcdleines
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
abcdleines

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2013-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Such a Convenient Mod.   Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 6:33 pm

I have the same 3 button remote attached to the ignition key. Key and fob go in my pocket when I get off the scoot.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Such a Convenient Mod.   Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:01 pm

You can take a regular sunvisor kind and open it up and solder wires to the remote and run them to the pushbutton on the front brake master cylinder. There is a step by step mod somewhere if you need it I will see if I can find it. What I am using now is a flash to pass kit, hear is a link to it. Not bad for around $70.
http://www.amazon.com/Flash2Pass-103102-Complete-Access-Motorcycles/dp/B001AWDMQG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367808562&sr=8-1&keywords=flash+2+pass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Such a Convenient Mod.   Such a Convenient Mod. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Such a Convenient Mod.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: