Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools

Go down 
+2
JeffR_
stanly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stanly
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-04-05

the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools Empty
PostSubject: the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools   the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:33 am

I didn't get a tool kit with my SWing so I looked it up-some of those tools look really specific.
I get the pin wrench and sparkplug wrench, but the offset boxend, openend with non consecutive sizes, 5mm hex? (does this mean ALL the fasteners are 5mm?)

Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools   the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:21 am

My tool kit on my 2007 was only a cheap socket type of wrench and a screwdriver, I think. It is totally worthless and if you want a tool kit I would just suggest you make your own. That way you have what you want and you can probably do it cheaper too.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Tools   the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:44 am

I agree. I never had a tool bag, so I made mine out of vinyl, a leather looking material, and glue.
I have in the bag, all the small tools I have ever used on the bike including a small flashlight and just wrap in closed with a shoe string.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools   the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Wherever it is broken down Exclamation Laughing

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
stanly
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools   the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:08 pm

Maybe I'm not being specific enough, are there tasks that Honda put those tools in the kit to deal with?
are there hex head fasteners other than 5mm that roadside maint. would be dealing with?
(I'm downsizing from a GWing here, I carried more tools than seems feasible on a SW.)

items 005, 006, 007
http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2519461&category=Scooters&make=Honda&year=2002&fveh=132239#.UX1xT1Tn9GY[i]
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools   the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 5:59 pm

I have no idea what the 2 tools would repair in my kit. The screwdriver could be used on some things but the other socket type of tool I really don't know what it is for. It looks like it would remove a spark plug except that the spark plug is pretty deep down and this tool would not reach it.
Back to top Go down
lcseds
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools   the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 6:16 pm

My new 2012 only came with a two piece screwdriver. I suppose I could open a stubborn can of beer but not much else.
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools   the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:56 pm

The 5mm Allen key might be used to remove the floor panels (you would also need a 10mm socket or wrench and phillips screw driver- if you read the service manual many procedures tell you to remove them, such as to access the air filter and belt case). It would also be used to slide the butt pad forward or back (if you're short) or remove it entirely (if you're tall).
It would have been great if they included the tools to remove the real wheel while on the road.
Jesse in Atlanta

Last edited by toolboxjesse on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools   the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:24 pm

toolboxjesse wrote:

It would have been great if they included the tools to remove the real wheel from the road.
Jesse in Atlanta

That would be a jack, or you could use the centre stand Exclamation Laughing

Cheers
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools   the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:55 pm

I'm referring to a 24mm socket and a breaker bar- You must have very strong fingers Tarmac

jesse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools   the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the SWing tool kit-where do u use those tools
Page 1 of 1