Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

SuperNatural Happenings II

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

SuperNatural Happenings II Empty
PostSubject: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Okay... It just happened again... Came to this site and noticed at least the first 4 categories had the "New Posts Symbol" (as opposed to rightside up 'smiley faces' for you non-surreal types out there Laughing ). I thought maybe JeffR had answered my problem. No... just people pickin' on me Razz ...

Anyway, went into the 'tips on using this site' category and chose 'one' of several non-read posts and read it. Hit the forums button (or the back return arrow, can't remember which now) and "all" the New Posts symbols had reverted to No New Post symbols. Even the posts within categories.

Note: I once hit the "mark all posts as read" button. That only works for that one visit doesn't it?? Shouldn't carry through to each visit after that I wouldn't think...

Please let me know as soon as possible JeffR. And make those other kids leave me alone Evil or Very Mad .

Added note: Just tried to log "out" and log back "in". The system wouldn't let me log "out" at all. Tried 3 times with no luck. Was going to see if that would reset everthing. But to know avail.

Last edited by DickO on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added note.)
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:21 am

DickO,

I asked the administrators of this forum about "Logging Off". Hopefully others will repsond to this who have seen this problem before with their sites. If not the adminstrators won't be back on duty until Monday. Sorry for this. What type of browser do you use? I usually log on using AOL but sometimes if I have trouble with things I log on using IE. Maybe you can try using a different browser if you can. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi JeffR,
This time (Sunday, 14 Jun, noon) when I came on the the site, the face symbols for Intro's, Tips, SW Topics, Gen Chat, Accy & Mods, Maint Tips, and Rider's Stories were all in "New Posts" position. I went into Intro's and expected to see some unread posts. No new posts were indicated. Hit the forum button and when I got back to the forum topics, all had reverted to "No New Posts" position. I tried to Log Off and the system finally let me do it after just one try. Of course that didn't have any bearing on the previous situation though.

I can sort through the posts that are there to see what I've read before but sure makes the process a lot more diffucult. Will be waiting to hear from you. I do use IE for a browser by the way.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:43 pm

DickO,

I just came on the site and noticed that some of the "smiley's" were upside down. So I opened the topic and then came back to the Main Forum page and there were still some that were upside down. Please try it on your end again. Maybe they did something with the software. But I never knew what those smiley's were until you reported them. Hope it works. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:22 am

Nope... still messed up. It's like the "Mark All Posts as Read" button kicks in when I try to access anything.

Last edited by DickO on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:11 pm

DickO,

Can you check it out again? I just checked the site and it is working whether I go into all of the topics and then go back out. When I posted yesterday about this I did notice that the topics all turned to "being read" or the right side up smiley, after a couple of times. But it is working for me now. Is it working for others too now?
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Nope... SNAFU... just saw 6 categories revert back after I read your post.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Smiley ???   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:47 am

Hey guys, I am a little ignorant here. What are you talking about exactly. I don't know what upside down smiley faces you are talking about. I can't seem to find any.
Gary
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:48 am

When you initially come on to the site (forum), you will see the individual categories lined up, ie, "Introductions", "Tips on using this site", "Silver Wing Topics", "General Chat", etc. Beside each category you will see a "smiley" face which indicates whether or not there are new posts in that category to read since your last visit.

If the face is in bold print and is "upside down", that indicates there are new posts to be read. If the face is in pale print and is "rightside up", it indicates no new posts to be read. All the smiley faces are explained at the bottom of one of the forum pages.

As of this writing, mine all revert to "no new posts" as soon as I access any category.

Last edited by DickO on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:11 pm

I have https://www.silverwing600.com/search.forum?search_id=newposts bookmarked . It only brings up the changes since I last visited and then to the right of the smiley face (after fully loading) is a tiny page icon. I right click open another tab on that little icon and it takes me directly to the entries I have not read before without guessing which page or entry I read last.

So I don't pay too much attention to the smiley's.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Smile or not to smile...   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:00 pm

I get email notice for the posts that I am monitoring and don't see the introduction page very often. When I click on the link in the email.. it takes me to the post just posted, like it did for your post today. I come here several times a day. Then I check out the latest topics on the left side of the page. I can tell the ones I need to read from the listed time and day. I haven't thought about this before, but Jeff, will I miss something if I keep doing that? I may need to go to the intro page and look for the upside down fellows.
Thanks for explaining this thread to me. I learn something new almost everyday.
Gary
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:57 pm

I always click on the "View posts since last visit" or words to that effect.
On the top of the three lines on the upper right when you first log in. It brings up a list of posts that I can then browse (if I want to)
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Gary,

I just learned about the "smiley's" too. I never knew what they meant and just thought they were there to take up space.

DickO,

Is it possible to download another browser, like AOL or firefox? I use my IE sometimes and it doesn't work either but my AOL is working now. I will go back to the support forum to see if they have an answer yet. I hope they can provide an answer to this.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Browser   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:59 pm

DickO/Jeffr... I uae Safari 4 Public Beta. Seems to work fine. Not sure if I am experiencing the same VooDoo smilies or not. But I sure like the new look of the Top Sites display. Kinda like Star Trek. I don;\'t know all the requirements for that new look. I have a PC at the Red Cross office that doesn't display in that fashion.

Gary
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

PostSubject: Supernatural (cont)   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Hi JeffR,
Was just wondering if the forum guru's had come up with any answers to my malady. I really wasn't wanting to download another browser just for experimentations sake but will if I have to. I was wondering if a new registration under another user name would fix this.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:01 pm

DickO,

I'm sorry for this happening but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I know when I use my IE it is doing the same thing yours is doing. If you want, try a new user name and see if that works. I will ask them again when they think they may have a solution. Since it did work once it should still be working. Thanks for the patience.

JeffR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Okay JeffR,
I picked up a new yahoo account with new user name (DickOtoo) and requisite password and then reregistered on this forum. When I went to the index page, everything showed as "already read". Don't know if that was normal or not. Will try going to another site and coming back in later to see if anything changes.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:59 pm

I have an iMac with both Safari and Firefox. I've had absolutely none of the problems you all write about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi JeffR,

Well, even with a new user name and account, I'm still having the same old problem.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:05 pm

DickO,

I just went in using my IE and it is working now. I opened the topics up and then went back to the forum, and all of the smiley's were upside down for the topics I haven't read yet. The other people having problems are not having the problems anymore so can you check once again? I'm sorry for the problem but it seems solved for the ones that have reported it.

If it is still now working, have you done something different that might have caused this? I'm just trying to figure out why it isn't working. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:06 am

No, it's still not functioning as it's suppose to. Like I said before, the only "goofy" thing I did one night was to hit the "Mark All Posts As Read" button. Seems like it stuck in the "ON" position. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:23 am

Hey JeffR,
I just noticed I signed in under the "new" user ID but the result was the same. I just now signed in under the "old" user name and the system tried to operate normally for about 2 minutes (went into a category, found an unread symbol, then went back to the forum and the unread smileys would still be there as they should. Went into another category, found 3 unread smileys, read the oldest one, came back out and the 2 smileys above it had reverted to "already read" status plus the main category smiley did too. So... we're back to square one.

Okay... this one additional comment. When I hit the Mark Posts As Read button, I also remember hitting the "Delete Site Cookies" statement also. Just so you know.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:31 am

Dick,

I'm still going behind the scenes to see what I can do to solve this. One thing I did come across for someone that had this same problem was to go to the "today's active topics", which is right about the "Who's online" section at the bottom of the page. If you select this..."today's active topics"...it will bring you to all of the posts of the day you view this.

This is the only thing I can find. I did find a post that if you leave your browswer, then all the posts will be considered as "read". So I wonder if by going in and out of the forum if it is resetting somehow. I will keep trying though. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Hi JeffR,
Something to add to the mix... Wednesday evening about 10:25 PM... tried to log off of the site to try the "new" user ID but the system wouldn't let me sign off. Tried about 5 times. ???????
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:59 am

Hi JeffR,
Just so you know... I downloaded the Firefox web browser on my computer and everything seems to be working fine now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SuperNatural Happenings II   SuperNatural Happenings II I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SuperNatural Happenings II
Page 1 of 1