Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings

Go down 
+3
dspevack
The Scootist
DickO
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings Empty
PostSubject: Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings   Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:24 am

Okay... it's happened, it seems, about three or four times now; or so I think.  I come to the site and see maybe 3 or 4 of the little smiley faces upside down; so I know there is something new to be read there.  I go into one of them, say General Chat, and there might be 3 new posts there.  I open one of the posts, read it, and then hit my window return arrow (or even hit the forum button) to get back to my starting point.

What???  "All" the smiley faces are rightside up!!!  And the info in each of the categories that had an upside down face are also rightside up, ie, the General group I had gone into and originally saw 3 unread posts (of which I only read one) had turned the remaining 2 unread posts to "already read" status.

I don't think I'm imaginning all this.  The first coupla' times, maybe.  

JEFFR affraid   Pleeeeeaaasse tell me what's going on Exclamation  Exclamation  Exclamation  :At Wit's End:
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings   Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 1:30 pm

Smiley faces?? You are seeing smiley faces??? Oh dear!
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings   Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 1:50 pm

Reality is irrelevant. It's perception that counts.
Control people's perceptions, and you control their reality.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings   Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:08 pm

Now that sounds like something out of Dick Cheney's book of tricks...
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings   Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:12 pm

Nah, He's not that articulate.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings   Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:27 pm

Good point...
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings   Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:04 pm

DickO,

I need to check into this because I never even knew that the upside down smiley's meant that there were posts that you didn't read. So let me look into this. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings   Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:43 pm

Okay JeffR... I'll wait and see what you come up with. Don't forget to check the #II happenings also. There is also a #III but it just now happened and I'm to tired to write about it. Been building a porch.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings   Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:15 am

DickO,

I went behind the scenes and asked about the "new posts smiley" and there have been a few others with the same problem. The group that runs these sites are looking into this so it may be a few days. They don't work on weekends so I will keep checking next week. Sorry about this but it seems like it may be in the system/programming. You may want to clear your cookies too since someone mentioned that too. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Bob G
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Location : When I originally logged in nearly 2 yrs. ago was NW Arkansas. I have since migrated to Tulsa, OK.
Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings   Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:04 am

Hmmmm, the only smiling face is the one that looks at me in the mirror in the morning?? ( I'm back after a long absence of about 2 years). i like the new look of the forum!!
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings   Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 7:36 am

All I ever see is upside down Smiley faces!!

Oh wait I think it's Meldrew's response to my jokes!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings   Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Oh those were jokes I thought they were stories.  Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings   Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smilies: SuperNatural Happenings
Page 1 of 1