Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 6:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 12:10 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:42 am

» checking the oil
Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:13 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:08 am

» LF extended back rest
Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Update on My Cracked Engine Case

Go down 
+2
tarmacburner2
steveonfarm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steveonfarm
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
steveonfarm

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Update on My Cracked Engine Case Empty
PostSubject: Update on My Cracked Engine Case   Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Hi guys!

So, I've finally given the "go ahead" to the Honda dealers here in Vienna to strip the engine and replace the cracked half of my engine case! Estimated cost = €1,500 affraid

After 3 weeks of using public transport to get to my private students all over the city, and considering all the alternatives, I finally concluded that I just wanted my SW back!

The new Honda Forza 300i that I was seriously considering as a replacement will not be available until June/July here in Austria, so I figured that if I am still smitten by this bike when it arrives, I should be able to raise more than half the money for it by selling my fully functioning SW when the time comes .................

In the meantime I will keep my fingers crossed for the major surgery that my baby is about to undergo and just hope that they don't find any further damage during the strip down! I will still have to wait another 2 weeks until we are reunited as the engine case has to be shipped here from Belgium!!

All the best!

SteVe
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Update on My Cracked Engine Case   Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Good luck Steve.

Assuming that the engine never ran after you found all the oil in the snow I think it would be safe to assume that there won't be any further mechanical problems found.
Public transport never goes where you want to go at the time you want. I think the last time I was on a bus was back in the seventies.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Update on My Cracked Engine Case   Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 1:07 am

You'll be able to go on as many as you like for nowt when you get your Bus Pass in a couple of years. I used mine quite a lot in London a couple of weeks ago, and it's useful in York where I can also get the Coastliner bus direct to Leeds, or Scarborough and Whitby in the other direction.

As Seniors like me are the majority of passengers, I've started calling it the Incontinental Express. Smile

Last edited by Meldrew on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Update on My Cracked Engine Case   Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:01 am

Meldrew cracked a funny... :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Sknrdtec
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Sknrdtec

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Update on My Cracked Engine Case   Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:11 am

May the time fly Steve . Incontinental express , That is funny Meldrew ! Good one . ST
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Update on My Cracked Engine Case   Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:55 am

KurtPerthWA wrote:
Meldrew cracked a funny... :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Yep, I nearly peed myself. Not surprising being of that age.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on My Cracked Engine Case   Update on My Cracked Engine Case I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on My Cracked Engine Case
Page 1 of 1