Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Howdy All From Nova Scotia

Go down 
+4
tarmacburner2
RArch
robert
Budwyzer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Budwyzer
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Howdy All From Nova Scotia Empty
PostSubject: Howdy All From Nova Scotia   Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Hey there folks. Just joined the club. I live just outside the great city of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
I just started looking around for a scooter. I currently have a 1979 cm400a Hondamatic. Had it for many, many years and still only have 15,000km on it. Even though it still works great, because of it's age, I'm just a tad nervous driving it.
I began looking at the t-max and then the burgman, but I've come to the decision to stick with the Honda a look around for a Silverwing. Not a lot to choose from in this neck of the woods, however, I did find three, 2-2006's with 11,000km for $4500 and $5000 and 1-2009 with 12,000 for $5500. I've only seen pictures of them all and they all look like they are in good shape, but I'm leaning towards the '09.
Hoping to go see it next week and would appreciate any advice on what I should look out for.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Howdy All From Nova Scotia   Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Hey Budwyzer, guess what kind of beer I have in my hand right now? As you know, Honda's are pretty bullet proof, I would ask to see the service receipts. Good luck and let us know what you buy and Ride Safe.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Howdy All From Nova Scotia   Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 6:25 pm

welcome

I cant think of anything specific to look for...

It it looks and sounds good, starts and stops as it should then you've found another one Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Howdy All From Nova Scotia   Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Welcome to the club.

First thing you will probably want to do is change the screen if it is the stock one.
The Givi Airflow AF214 is the one I would recommend.

cheers,
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Howdy All From Nova Scotia   Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:30 pm

welcome budwyzer. Nice to see a fellow easterner here, me being originally from NFLD. I got my swing this past spring from a private sale. Paid $4500 for an 05 with 13700 kms. The one thing i didnt notice during my pre purchase inspection was some minor scratches on the lower fairing near the footwell area. I could tell the bike was on its side at one time. Not a big deal but wished i would have noticed before i committed cause it would have been a bickering ploy to get a better deal! You may want to keep an eye on that! I was blinded by the otherwise beauty of the beast Laughing
Cant beat the swing! My wife and i just got back from Walmart this evening on the swing with two grocery bags of niknaks and paddywaks under the seat. We've ridden about 3000 kms this summer and no issues with the bike so far. Its got plenty of power for highway cruising. However you WILL get a numb bum after an hour of riding, we found a 5 minute break will cure this. I really like the silky smooth ride of the swing compared to my last bike (Harley 883 Sportster).
I dont think you will regret buying a silver wing.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Howdy All From Nova Scotia   Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Hellow Budwyser , Any one is a good buy. I pick up a o9 last october with 3200,kl.and now have 27,000 kl and I love it . chickendance motorcycle
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Howdy All From Nova Scotia 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Howdy All From Nova Scotia   Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:58 pm

welcome I too would lean toward the "09. It will have the Q2 sensor and some say gets better mpg (kpg). Do they have ABS? Any accessories that you would want? With your experience, you know what works for you. You can also use the search function at the top of this page to see what others have said about their buying a used scooter. Best of luck with your search.
Back to top Go down
jmcamionero71
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jmcamionero71

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Howdy All From Nova Scotia   Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:05 am

Hello and welcome to the forum welcome

The book of reviews is in the habit of looking at the condition of the rubbers and especially the aspect of the auto body looking a bit at the engine for if your escape saw it it is what is done in Spain
Back to top Go down
Budwyzer
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Howdy All From Nova Scotia   Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Thank you all for the welcome messages and advice.
I'm six foot, so I suspect I taller windshield may be in order, however, seeing how I've haven't even sat me butt in the saddle yet, I had better wait and see how things fit.
I've been doing a lot of reading here and it is because of all of you that I was convince to go with the Silverwing.
Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy All From Nova Scotia   Howdy All From Nova Scotia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy All From Nova Scotia
Page 1 of 1