Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing

Go down 
+10
john123
IDwingit
MaxB
spike
bikerdaryl
exavid
JeffR
roadrunner
sw2009
DennisB
14 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing Empty
PostSubject: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:54 am

Hi All,

I came across this site that has touch-up paint for the Honda SilverWing. swing

http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-step1.cfm?type=2

Just enter your scooters information.

DennisB Smile
Back to top Go down
sw2009
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:56 pm

I bought a 2009 Honda CRV. The color (Apple Candy Red) seems to be the same as my 2009 Silverwing.

Try a Honda Delaer.

Jim from Stanwood, WA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 2:50 pm

It also works to hit a deer and buy all new tupperware. Nary a scratch on the thing now! A bit pricier than the "pen", though.
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:25 am

Has anyone used the aerosol or pints sold by Colorrite? I had the singular experience of having someone back into my 2009 SWing in a parking lot. They were decent enough to pick it back up, but not to stick around or leave a note. (I guess picking it back up was enough work...) But now I have some deep scratches to deal with in the main fairing and left side cover.

I really like what allhondascoots did to his final drive cover (especially since mine was scratched in the tip-over. Wonder what brand of paint was used?
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Bill,

I bought the "silver" pen stick but it doesn't match my SWing exactly since they don't make it for the 2007 SWing color. I think the 2007 is Titanium and they only make silver. UNless they started making Titanium since I bought it. But it worked ok ...it is better than the few scratches I had.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 7:40 pm

I had good results with Colorite products. Touched up some scratches on my Goldwing and on my Silverwing with their stuff. The color match was right on the money at least as well as I can see.
Back to top Go down
bikerdaryl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:10 pm

I just found this thread on Colorite paint pens and I have to say thanks for finding it. My reflex and Swing both are the same color code and have various little nicks I would love to fix.. Now I can!!
Back to top Go down
spike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 9:23 am

I used the colorite pen on nicks and a few scratches (blue) and it worked great. Color match was spot on.
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:41 am

Honda does make touchup pens for their bikes. I bought one for the S'wing. it was only $10-12.

MaxB
Back to top Go down
IDwingit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:20 am

I ordered the Titanium Metallic (body) & the Sparkling Silver (wheels and lower skirts) for my 05 ABS model for $6.99 each at my local dealer.

The dealer pointed me to colorite dot com for the touchup paint (@ $14.99 each) the first time I inquired. So then I brought them the Honda part numbers, and they ordered them right up. Go figure.

The color match of each were EXACT.
Back to top Go down
john123
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
john123

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 9:31 pm

I have used the spray paint, primer and filler, and used it to paint my helmet and right, side front. All are perfect.
The people were helpful and even though it was a bit on the expensive side, it was exactly the same color as my 2008 gun gray color.

Back to top Go down
Deno070
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the website, i just ordered the Delta Blue Metalic pen for some minor dings. I'll let everone know how it turns out.

- Denis
Back to top Go down
rkenman44
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
rkenman44

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:29 pm

roadrunner wrote:
Has anyone used the aerosol or pints sold by Colorrite? I had the singular experience of having someone back into my 2009 SWing in a parking lot. They were decent enough to pick it back up, but not to stick around or leave a note. (I guess picking it back up was enough work...) But now I have some deep scratches to deal with in the main fairing and left side cover.

I really like what allhondascoots did to his final drive cover (especially since mine was scratched in the tip-over. Wonder what brand of paint was used?

I have a similar problem with scuffs on my red-ish 09 Silverwing and haven't had luck finding the paint code so I can match. Let me know if info comes your way and I'll return the favor
Back to top Go down
http://www.WeWillPraiseTheLORD.com
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:48 pm

A quick Google search shows that 2009 SW came in "Dark Candy Red", while a post in the above thread says that their 2009 SW is "Apple Candy Red". You could always check with your local Honda dealer too.
Back to top Go down
Deno070
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Colorite.com I just checked your year 2009 and they have it. Plug in stats on home page. I
Used them for my 2006.

Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 4:11 pm

rkenman44 wrote:

I have a similar problem with scuffs on my red-ish 09 Silverwing and haven't had luck finding the paint code so I can match.

The colour code is on a plate on the left hand side of the front face of the underseat storage compartment.

Mine is ..
Colour ... R-114C-U
Code ..... R114

Which from the Honda coluor chart is .... Candy Wineberry Red

Info taken from page 89 of the owners manual
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing   Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Touch-up Paint Pen for the Honda SilverWing
Page 1 of 1