Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?

Go down 
+5
jdeereanton
surlybiker58
Dimond
som2002
tankyuong
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:00 pm

There is a ball bearing in there and don't know where it goes
Back to top Go down
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Does this help?

http://www.buymotorcycleparts.com/honda_parts.htm#/Honda/FSC600D_AC_(03)_MOTOR_SCOOTER%2c_JPN%2c_VIN%23_JH2PF011-3K100001_TO_JH2PF011-3K199999/BODY_COVER/FSC600D-03-JPN-AC/2Y14MCT2MCT4F1200D
Back to top Go down
http://www.fquick.com/som2002
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:07 am

I had no idea that there were so many parts in the pillion foot rest - amazing!

Last edited by Dimond on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:08 am

Thanks but doesn't show how to get it back together,only shows I'm now missing some springs,boing
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:17 pm

For what it's worth , I looked it up in my Shop manual and it only shows
about removing the whole assembly not the individual parts involved.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Hopefully both foot rests are not in pieces - if so, then disassemble the 'other' one (if you dare!) - then you will know. From the exploded view (noted in the above post) and looking at my SWing, it seems as if you pop out the bottom cotter pin - and push the pivot rod vertically upward and out the top (being careful to trap the small pieces as once they hit the ground it could be a major hunt to find them). They seem to still sell all the little pieces one by one - and they don't seem to cost all that much. Let us know how you make out.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:32 pm

This is a serious question:

Why did you disassemble the passenger foot rest assembly in the first place?
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Dale,
Off the subject, I love your new avatar.

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:51 pm

joncallihan wrote:
Dale,
Off the subject, I love your new avatar.

Jon

Thanks Jon, I like it for the paradox relative to me.

But I am curious about the need to disassemble the passenger foot rest assembly, was there a failure or... ?
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:09 pm

I disassemble the front and rear pegs on the motorcycles every now and then to clean out the old grease(read dirt impregnated cutting compound) and regrease them. It stops them from being worn out prematurely and going sloppy. Same goes for gear change linkages and levers.
One beer jobs

I am currently getting the MuZ back up to riding condition Its been sitting there forn18months and needs some serious TLC.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3798
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:27 am

I know the foot-peg assembly is quite big but a tip I learnt on a forum for disassembling switches and such-like with springs and ball-bearings which can easily be lost is to put it in a see-through plastic bag so that said bits can't fly off into oblivion - it's a bit like doing it in one of those cabinets they use to handle dangerous chemicals, the ones with sleeves through the glass which the operator puts his hands in.

I'm sure many people know this already - it does work.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:51 am

Kurt,

That one can of Australian Fosters looks like a kegger to us here in the USA. Now that's a beer!!!

And

Congratulation on being our newest GURU, 0ver 1000
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:38 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoo!

A Guru! A Guru!!!
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:46 am

Dennis, If you get a chance go for the VB.....Fosters is for the poorer "beer" nations.
Personally I like Corona.

I wonder if one can get AMS-ALE?

Now we can start a new oil err tyre err darkside, err Southern Restroom discussion that will go on for a few weeks... CHEEERS!

Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Had to disassemble to powdercoat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?   Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone removed their rear pegs and put them back together ?
Page 1 of 1