Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeby Boating123 Today at 6:48 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Secret to getting the front wheel off?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
moosedaisy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Secret to getting the front wheel off?  Empty
PostSubject: Secret to getting the front wheel off?    Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:53 pm

I've got an 07 silverwing and today I attempted to remove the front wheel so I can replace the tires. The instructions I found on this site said loosen the 8mm pinch bolts on either side then loosen the 22mm bolt and then pull the bolt out from the right side. I tried loosening the 22m bolt but at first it was really hard. I got my breaker bar out and was able to get the bolt to spin but it wouldn't get any looser. The instuction say to then pull the bolt out from the right side. I can't figure out how do do this. The bolt is not getting any looser no matter how much I turn in. I'll attach some pics of the left and right side so you guys can see if anything doesn't look right.

Secret to getting the front wheel off?  Rightside

Secret to getting the front wheel off?  Leftside-1
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Secret to getting the front wheel off?    Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:03 pm

On my '04, the axle comes out from the left side as you're working on the bike. It's the right side if you were sitting on the bike. You might try sticking a small metal something - screw driver or the like - thru the holes on the left side of the axle (as you're working on it), and hold it steady while turning the nut on the opposite side counter clockwise. Maybe that will provide the means to hold the axle itself still for nut removal. If this works, you should be able to relatively easily finesse the axle out. If it does start to come out, be careful to hold onto the wheel a bit so it doesn't just fall down when the axle is removed all the way.
Back to top Go down
moosedaisy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2012-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Secret to getting the front wheel off?    Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks. I ended up tapping it out with a rubber hammer from the right side if you sitting on the bike. Once I put the new rubber on I'll clean it up and apply some grease. Hopefully this will make the process easier next time.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Secret to getting the front wheel off?    Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:31 am

Many people swear by Copaslip for application in such situations - ordinary grease sometimes dries out and sticks the parts together, making the situation worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret to getting the front wheel off?    Secret to getting the front wheel off?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secret to getting the front wheel off?
Page 1 of 1