Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Wiring Bestem top box brake light

Go down 
+5
DaveR
Drbyte
JeffR_
DickO
DLynch
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DLynch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Wiring Bestem top box brake light Empty
PostSubject: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:38 pm

What is best option for connecting additional wire. Can DennisB still be contacted? I've never been too keen on the tap a wire type connectors.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi DLynch,
I know there are several other better connectors that a person "should" use when getting into those wiring bundles; however, when I did my Bestem box, I just made sure I had plenty of access to the wires I wanted and used the tap-a-wire units anyway. Of course I checked out the system to make sure it worked okay, and then taped the connector tightly with some good (3M electrician) tape and never looked back. Has been over two years now and no problems.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:13 am

DLynch,

Here is the last post by DennisB:

I tried to add this post yesterday but lost my connection. So here it is again.

To all that would like to purchase Silverwing accessories, PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, contact me at my email address. Now write this down:

dennis.berney@gmail.com

Thank You,

DennisB

You might try this email and see if it is still active. I'm sure he will still make the connector for you.
Back to top Go down
Drbyte
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:27 am

Hi, DLynch!
If you want to make your own, you can get the plastic connector at
http://www.oregonmotorcycleparts.com/connectors.html
Back to top Go down
DLynch
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:04 am

Thank you very much for the help. Your experience is valuable appreciated by me. I purchased my box after reading the post on our forum and am happy with it. Price on Amazon was good and fast delivery.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:29 pm

I purchased a new Bestem T-Box-929-LED with extra LED Light strip from Amazon.
I really like the box but the wiring instructions are zilch. I am told it is capable of having the "running light strip" light at all times, and also used as a "brake light" along with the top LED brake light. Has anyone experience on this? I think I can purchase a four wire connector so this will happen. Help anyone? Is this possible to do?
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 5:19 pm

My bestem - on my Vespa - is wired as a brake light only.  On the Silverwing, I bought an LED strip from customdynamics.com that works well.

BTW, the GIVI box on my wing has been connected with wiretaps since 2003 with no issues.  The LED strip has been connected same way since 2009 without issue also.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 6:50 pm

I did get the lights hooked up with the running light LED strip on all of the time and when you brake, the second strip in the running LED becomes a brake light and the top brake light comes on. It is a great box! I ordered it with the liner so the wiring is under the liner as well. It is really a safety item and it really lights up at night and well seen in daytime.
In the front of the box there are slots which I put 1/8 inch chrome strips in. At the automotive store I found a small Honda badge so badged the T-Box on both sides.
If I could post a picture I would do that but can't seem to get that done.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi Dave,

If you would like, I can post a couple of pictures for you. sunny 
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Since we are talking about wiring?

I have the Coocase S48. It has the remote, alarm and the brake lights. Shortly after Bob installed it. The brake/running lights would flicker especially when I hit the bumps in the road. He is good with electrical issues but we haven't been able to figure this issue out. Any ideas? He has tried spraying the contacts. Doesn't help. Been riding with the lights blinking on and off like an alien for some time now. Thank's in advance.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:50 am

I fitted some Admore led strips behind the reflectors in the OEM box on my 'wing, used one of Dennis's Perfect connectors.
Running lights on all the time, and good high-level brake lights. Work fine, never had any problems. Credit to Dennis for a good connector, and Admore for a good product.

Graham.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:29 am

I have one of Dennis's perfect connectors also. We have it connected to the modulating brake light. Which we also got from Dennis. Do you need more than one connector? We are using a 3 pin connection on the base plate.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:09 pm

CathyN wrote:
I have one of Dennis's perfect connectors also.  Do you need more than one connector? We are using a 3 pin connection on the base plate.
IIRC, the Admore led's had three wires - running light, brake light and turn signals. UK law doesn't allow red turn signals, so I only wired in the stop and running lights. I taped the other wire out of the way.
Also, modulating brake lights are taboo over here, so I only needed one connector.
Could it be you've got a slightly loose connection in the wiring loom itself, or is the 3-pin connector at fault? (Not as tight a fit as it could be.)

Graham.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:08 pm

Thanks Graham, I will pass that info onto Bob.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Dennis,
How would we go about you posting a couple of pictures for me? I did take some pictures with my cel phone of the Bestem T-Box and also the driving lights using your mounting bracket I purchased from you which works great. My 2005 Silverwing is lit up like a Christmas tree so people can see me coming and going.
Dave R
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi Dave,

Just send them to my email and I'll post them for you.

Please, not more then 4 pictures.

dennis.berney@gmail.com

Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:47 pm

Wiring Bestem top box brake light 10281313
Wiring Bestem top box brake light 10281314
Wiring Bestem top box brake light 10281315

These are the pictures of the new T Box and the driving lights with Dennis' light bar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Bestem top box brake light   Wiring Bestem top box brake light I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiring Bestem top box brake light
Page 1 of 1