Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Ordering a Vista Cruse

Go down 
+3
honda_silver
bigbird
Eagle Wing
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eagle Wing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-02-18

Ordering a Vista Cruse Empty
PostSubject: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:23 am

I would like to get a vista cruse for my Swing 09 what size is the handle bar and is this the cruse on amazon? How do you take the cruse off when I want to? Sorry if this topic has bee covered I'm sorta new to this, thank you.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:32 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Eagle Wing wrote:
what size is the handle bar and is this the cruse on amazon?

bigbird wrote:
"what size is the handle bar "

7/8

Google: throttle "7/8" "vista cruise" site:amazon.com
Back to top Go down
Eagle Wing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:38 pm

I looked up vista cruse on amazon and I think it's the same one as the vista cruse web site itself.
I would like to know how to disengage it. thank you
Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:35 pm

Have you considered a Throttlemeister™? Expensive, but they dampen vibration and are a high quality alternative that can add to resale value..if that matters...
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 2:11 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:06 am

Why don't you go to the Aerostich catalog? It has a selection of the available throttle stops. NEP works well on SilverWing with a little filling, small hole drilled for safety wire. Easy action/thin. Stock grip needs to me moved back a little=easy.

I have had at least 3 Throttle Meister= not so easy to work, requiring left hand cross over to turn on. NEP=flick of thumb. Cheap.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:22 am

I'm not going to say buy a Go Cruise Control instead, as it fits in seconds, works very well when you actually need a cruise control, it removes in seconds, is cheap to buy, you can slip it into a jacket pocket when not needed and you can use it on just about any bike or scooter apart from Harley's.

That would be far to simple as there's no bragging rights with an easy installation, or if you haven't spent ages poncing about with the electrics, or fretting over perfect connectors. Neutral
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:07 am

x

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:35 pm

For the amount of time I need a throttle lock for the tedium of long motorway or autobahn rides the Go Cruise Control is fine. To disengage it I simply close the throttle, and it's a $20 piece of plastic that relieves a bit of wrist ache on long days.

For me it's better than the Throttle Rocker, as for you saying you would never go back to any other throttle lock, there's probably lot's you've never tried and you're not into touring so why do you actually need one?
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:02 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:07 pm

[quote="bigbird"] I guess your definition of touring and mine are quite different. What we call a 3 hour ride going 250 km you probably call touring. I do that every other weekend. [quote]

That's about the same distance and time of a regular run I do from Cumbria to York all year round. I don't call it anything, it's just a plod over the Pennines that has to be done. On a good day I can take 15 minutes off the usual 3 hours, and it's another 50 miles from there to the ferry terminal in Hull if I'm going to €uroland.

Last edited by Meldrew on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double Post SYndrome)
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:10 pm

bigbird wrote:
I guess your definition of touring and mine are quite different. What we call a 3 hour ride going 250 km you probably call touring. I do that every other weekend.

That's about the same distance and time of a regular run I do from Cumbria to York all year round. I don't call it anything, it's just a plod over the Pennines that has to be done. On a good day I can take 15 minutes off the usual 3 hours, and it's another 50 miles from there to the ferry terminal in Hull if I'm going to €uroland.

Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:25 pm

The strange thing for people like me who have ridden a lot and been doing it along time is--bikes used to come with friction adjustment for throttle, so could wipe nose without throttle snapping back and still turn off in emergency---Triumph had a great set up, BMW was including a friction shoe long after they stopped equipping the bike with the screw---you got it from parts dept. HD used solid wire with built in friction until a few years ago

My Kawasaki Voyager had electronic cruise---dangerous, as shot of gas could be given just when you don't need it--- I personally do not drive on cruise or throttle stop other than wipe nose or give wrist quick break---I like to stay in control of bike.....and try to avoid boring roads when I can.
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:22 am

The friction adjuster was there so that the throttle didn't snap shut whilst you were using your hand to signal your intention to other road users, way back in the days before electric indicators on bikes !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ordering a Vista Cruse   Ordering a Vista Cruse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ordering a Vista Cruse
Page 1 of 1