Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeby Boating123 Today at 6:48 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! Empty
PostSubject: Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My!   Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:55 am

Well for the second time in a year we've had a tornado roll through our area. The last one was smaller and just a single tornado. The area is still recovering from last April. The past year has been a busy one with our church hosting teams from around the world working on helping people recover. Now we are ramping up for another summer of teams.

Just in time - Kim and I are heading to New Orleans for some post Katrina recovery work.

Why am I telling you this? Most certainly not to toot my own horn, but to encourage each of you to get involved in your own local communities. Find something that is needed and spend a few hours each week volunteering to help others.

Enjoy.

And, get busy working on your neighborhood!
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My!   Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 am

Dale, If you don't toot your own horn; who will. I'm sure your help is appreciated. I believe it is called paying it foreward.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My!   Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi Dale,
And best of luck to ya'! We're busy here in Harveyville getting everything back in place too. I've been made head of the Building Committee for our church that we lost in this last tornado and that has turned into a most imposing task. Never having done such work before makes it a bit intimidating. Still, it's all for the good of the community and we're glad to do it. So you're advice is well-taken around here!
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My!   Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:30 pm

DickO,

there is a publication and a website called Worship Facillities http://www.worshipfacilities.com/ Can be helpful when starting a new project. They have a good archive of tips and hints. No building too small or too large.

Praying for you and His church.

Tornado's are tough cookies. Last year we had 6 locally including an EF-5, this year it was a paltry EF-3, but hit many of the same folks.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My!   Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:26 pm

I don't envy you guys.

I am not a religious person but I wish you all the best in rebuilding not just your lives but your homes and communities also.

In the past my area has suffered from natures worst, but thanks to hard work and modern construction a lot of the damaging water can be diverted. Now they are simply memories and photos in a album.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My!   Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tornado's, Hurricane's and Mission - Oh My!
Page 1 of 1