Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

» Greetings From 'Phoenix'
Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing

Go down 
+9
josiah1214
honda_silver
La Moto Mota
tankyuong
Cosmic_Jumper
The Scootist
Katori
mr fish
RAYJASPER
13 posters
AuthorMessage
RAYJASPER
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing Empty
PostSubject: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 am

If you really want to upgrade the throttle response of your Silver Wing 400/600, Dr.Pulley's sliding roller SR2820 & unique clutch HiT251706 might be interesting.
You can get some information from the performance of HiT251706 in the Sliver Wing 600 in the
website of http://www2.bigscooter.com.tw/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8142--- Dr.Pulley For SW600 高咬合後離合器測試感想
Test result of HiT251706 in Honda Silver Wing 600 (2001 model):

1) open the throttle slightly you feel the initial clutch-in proceeding at 2150 rpm ( idle rpm is 1250 ) .When the throttle is fully open you can feel the clutch
is smoothly & powerfully engaged fully at 2700 rpm and the speed
goes to about 60km/h without any noise or vibration. The speedup from 0
to 40 km/h is obviously 50% faster than the original setup. For those
who prefer a very gentle take-off, you might need a bit time to get
used to the "slightly wheelie" feeling on your SW600.
2) the speedup from 40 to 80 km/h ( ca. 3700 rpm ) is also powerfully accelerated, and there is no any noticeable clutch slippage as that in the stock clutch.
You can feel its throttle response is very excellent, especially in
roundabout, slightly hilly area or overtaking on the road.
3) from
80 to 120 km/h, its acceleration curve is different than the stock
one. 80-100km/h, it is a little bit softer than original setup but is
more smooth (For stock clutch, the acceleration is pretty violent as soon as the speed reaches 90km/h (ie.4000rpm), where the stock clutch finally stops slipping and--- You can feel another acceleration of HiT clutch again at 110km/h ( 5000rpm) and the engine rev at speed of 120km/h is 5500 rpm.
4)
from 120 to 180 km/h, its speedup acceleration is as powerful as that
at 110 km/h, all the way continuously from 120 to 160 km/h
(7450rpm),from 160 to 180km/h is same as the original clutch 180km/h (8500rpm).
5)
it takes about 7 sec from 0 to 100km/h (with HiT & stock roller
35gram ,for reference only). I'll expect a further improvement if
going with Dr.Pulley sliders...

Original test result in Chinese---
-------以下是我的個人測試數據,僅提供參考:
怠速速約1250rpm,輕轉油門約2150
rpm感受離合器開始接合,而驟轉油門則約2700rpm感受離合器開始大量傳遞動力直維持到60Km上下,整體過程相當順暢且沒有任何抖動與異音。
0-40Km比起日規原廠傳動設定明顯感受要快上50%;但要是沒習慣銀翼起步時略會抬車頭的車主可能就會覺得相當暴力。
2.40-80Km繼續
銜接強勁的動力,也沒有原廠有因為離合器打滑未咬合而有動力慢半拍之感覺,80Km轉速約3700
rpm。此段尤其在短而淺的山路或彎道上回油在加速、或平路上減速後回油在加速,動力則隨傳隨到,並無動力慢半拍的情形。甚至在彎道中要是油門轉動幅度過
大要小心後輪發生側滑的情形。
3.80-120Km的感覺與原廠傳動設定有明顯的不同;80-100Km間則感受加速力道略微降低而平順,與原廠
傳動一過90Km那暴力性的動力比起差異明顯,原因是原廠傳動則過90Km(約4000rpm)後離合器不打滑而動力爆發傳遞,本組傳動則在
110Km(5000rpm)後開始感受第二段加速感,120Km約5500rpm。
4.120-180Km延續110Km後的加速力道,直到約
160Km(7450rpm)後趨近平緩,之後到180Km(8500rpm)與原廠傳動設定感受就幾乎相同,有點拖尾速的直到原廠電腦設定
8500rpm斷油點(不過不知道是否有看錯,銀翼斷油時時速表指針好像已經比180Km還低了一小格... )。
5.0-100Km個人小測試以日規35g重珠來說算很快,自己略估記錄約7秒(僅供參考)左右,要是在搭配上多邊型普利輕珠後再稍微調整一下傳動曲線,我想成績會完全不一樣的。-----

Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing HiT251706s2.thb
Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing HiT251706s.thb
Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing DSC01336.thb
Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing DSC01341.thb
You also can get some information about HiT clutch from following websites

http://www.burgman400.it/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17691&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=31553&p=364965#p364965

http://majestyusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4712&highlight=hit+clutch
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm

Stumbled across the same website today looking for bearings (freaky) lol

john
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:55 pm

Here is a link for the users manual pdf.

http://www.unionmaterial.com/Instruction%20for%20HIT-V1-mini.pdf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 2:36 am

Very interesting concept....but it scares me a little. Not being made by HONDA I have to think it's not necessarily as reliable as a stock unit. IF....and I'm speaking hypothetically.....it were to grab and STAY grabbed you'd have yourself a bit of a problem. Will it be as reliable as the Honda parts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:15 pm

I'm in an experimenting mood. But I can't find an actual DEALER for the HiT clutch.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Katori
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Katori

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:42 pm

Not sure if you are still experimenting but best advice here is to email Paul Wu from unionmaterial.
He's a very friendly guy and will do his best to help you...
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:47 pm

So, all of you who have installed the HiT clutch - in you opinion, does it make a worthwhile difference? Did you see an improvement in fuel economy? Does it affect the belt life? What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: HiT for the real world   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:31 pm

The Scootist wrote:
So, all of you who have installed the HiT clutch - in you opinion, does it make a worthwhile difference? Did you see an improvement in fuel economy? Does it affect the belt life? What do you guys think?

Considering that the biggest 'inefficiency' of the S/Wing is the 'friction drive' of the clutch; the HiT Clutch does make a difference in performance. The operating RPMs drop. and gone is the lag-time waiting for the drive system to spool-up and catch the increased engine RPMs when you crank on the throttle. Acceleration in the 40 - 60 mph range is dramatically increased.

I've had my HiT Clutch installed since early July, about 6000 miles. I've had the Driven Pulley/Clutch off many times sorting out the springs to get the clutch-in RPMs fine-tuned and to eliminate clutch chatter. And while I am still tweaking the Hit Clutch I'm very impressed with the accelleration and performance.

In August I did a long trip with the HiT Clutch. When I started there was some serious (but endurable) clutch chatter in the 3500 RPM range. I kinda firgured that it would go away with 'breaking in' the clutch. 3000 miles later, at the end of the trip, the chatter was just as bad, and when I pulled the belt case & Driven Pulley assy there was a considerable amount of 'dust' in the case. I'm not sure if it was belt dust or clutch shoe dust --but there was a lot of it. The belt did appear OK though.

When I pulled the Driven Pulley/Clutch assy I noticed there was quite a bit of wear and uneven 'grooving' (not the right word, but I'm at a loss for the correct one) (Edit, 11/28/09: "Scoring" would be the better word here) of the Clutch Bell (Clutch Outer) -but no uneven clutch shoe wear.

In changing the spring sets I've managed to reduce the clutch-in chatter to a minimum. My next step is to change the clutch springs to another lighter weight spring set to tweak the clutch-in RPMs (again), and to change the Clutch Bell.

The HiT Clutch cost in the $400 range, and the performance improvement is dramatic. Along with the clutch assy they also send an assortment of different spring sets which are used to sort out the clutch operation. (Edit 11/28/09: The Hit Clutch kit also come with 5 additional sets of Dr Pulley variator Sliders and/or Rollers --your choice of weights. So you'll be able set up 'transmission' to your own liking)

Paul Wu of Union Material is the contact person for the HiT Clutch. He is very good at helping resolve any issues.

You'll have to decide for yourself if spending that amount of money is worth it to you.
Scooter Trap has upgraded Malossi clutch shoes and a spring assortment for a lot less. But that won't get you the lock up feature of Dr Pulley's HiT Clutch.

Bottom line is: The weak point in the S/W performance is the OEM clutch. I'm real happy with the HiT Clutch, and intend to keep it.

Hope this has been of some help.

Tim
'03 Silverwing, Cosmic Jumper
Philadelphia

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info)
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:07 am

Tim:
Thanks for the information. Do you know if the HiT Clutch will work with the J Costa Variator? Or, is it possible to just change out the springs in the OEM clutch?
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 11:06 am

For that price you should be able to do wheelies Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:35 pm

The Scootist wrote:
Tim:
Thanks for the information. Do you know if the HiT Clutch will work with the J Costa Variator? Or, is it possible to just change out the springs in the OEM clutch?

I don't know any reason why the HiT Clutch and the J Costa wouldn't work together. Fundamentally, all the Hit Clutch does is to address the inefficiencies and friction losses of the OEM clutch. And it does that very well.

In my previous post I forgot to mention that the HiT Clutch kit comes with five set of Dr Pulley Sliders and/or Rollers --your choice of weights. So you'll be able to set up your system any way you choose. And, yeah, you can even set it up to do wheelies.

Yes, it is possible to replace the OEM clutch springs with up-graded Malossi springs. You can also change the OEM clutch to an up-graded Malossi clutch.

Check out Scooter Trap: http://www.scootertrap.com/SilverWing600.htm
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:42 pm

tankyuong wrote:
For that price you should be able to do wheelies Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing Icon_lol

Yeah, you can set it up to do that.

I don't think that it would function as a daily rider very well though if it were set up that way.
Back to top Go down
La Moto Mota
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:32 pm

What do you think adds more performance, the hit clutch or the j costa variator?
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:43 pm

La Moto:
The HiT Clutch and J Costa variator are for slightly different purposes. The clutch has a stronger spring mechanism that reduces slip as the clutch engages. This will improve gas mileage a bit because less slippage means less wasted fuel.

The J Costa changes the gearing ratios between the engine and the rear wheel so that when you are travelling less than about 55 to 60 miles per hour the engine turns at slightly higher revs. It also causes the engine to jump to higher revs (in the engines power band) when you twist the throttle.

The affect of adding the J Costa variator is the bike will accelerate significantly faster, but at the cost of a few miles per gallon in fuel economy. I am hoping the HiT Clutch may make up for a bit of the MPG loss caused by the j Costa.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:20 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
When I pulled the Driven Pulley/Clutch assy I noticed there was quite a bit of wear and uneven 'grooving' (not the right word, but I'm at a loss for the correct one) (Edit, 11/28/09: "Scoring" would be the better word here) of the Clutch Bell (Clutch Outer) -but no uneven clutch shoe wear.

It has been about 20 months .... have you pulled the clutch and review the HIT Clutch wear? The long term mileage of the HIT clutch is very important.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:50 am

honda_silver wrote:
<SNIP> It has been about 20 months .... have you pulled the clutch and review the HIT Clutch wear? The long term mileage of the HIT clutch is very important.

Yes Bill, As a matter of fact I did pull the clutch about a month ago. I just wanted to check things after 10000+ miles on this V-4 HiT Clutch. There is no wear showing on the clutch pads or any evidence of wear or scoring on the clutch bell. The clutch pads measure 4mm thick. The same as when new.

At this point there are probably 15K miles on the HiT Clutch and still no problems. It's only if I decide to switch to heavier Sliders (too eek out a few more mpg's) that the acceleration lag shows up.

So waddya think, could it be that the torque spring is unable to respond quick enough (not enough tension) to the quicker action of the increased roller/slider weights? And that that lag could be nothing more than waiting for the Driven Pulley assembly to catch up with the Variator. Or the symbiotic relationship between the Variator and the Driven Pulley systems is 'out of synch'.

Once that brief lag is past the clutch grabs & responds to the throttle as you would expect it to do.
Back to top Go down
josiah1214
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 12:08 am

about to install a power commander with a k&n air filter and stock exhaust. willing to suffer slight loss of mpg for awesome ecceleration and lower top end rpms. anyone know variator brand and weight rollers/sliders in combination with a brand of performance clutch with certain springs and torsion spring that would achieve this result
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 12:42 am

josiah1214, if you click the blue sentence below you will see what a search using " variator brand and weight rollers/sliders " came up with. Your question has been asked many times.
This is what a search in the box to the left under the picture above.  
After you look through some of those posts you may like to go to the introductions part of the forum and introduce yourself.
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 3:54 am

Get a J.Costa.It rips!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 10:26 am

Mudnman wrote:
Get a J.Costa.It rips!

Until the pins deteriorate, explode into splinters, and destroy the front and rear variators, belt, and belt casing. To avoid that, regular inspection and replacement are a must.

I had a J. Costa for 1 year and sold it, due to high wear rate on the pins, high cruising rpm, and the resulting high fuel consumption. The only upside to it was really powerful acceleration. The guy I sold it to also removed it after 1 year, and went to Dr. Pulley sliders.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 1:01 pm

I'm a little confused. Do you want a Scooter, or a racing bike you can take on the race track? Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing   Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr.Pulley HiT clutch for Honda Silver Wing
Page 1 of 1