Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Hi there guys
Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Information on Modular Helmets

Go down 
+4
shirox
Timewarp_1
Dimond
old fart
8 posters
AuthorMessage
old fart
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
old fart

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Information on Modular Helmets Empty
PostSubject: Information on Modular Helmets   Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Anyone have experience with Dual Modular Helmets? Im thinking of purchasing one. Other than DOT requirements what else should I look for???
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Information on Modular Helmets   Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Before your post I did not even know what a 'modular helmet' was? Not sure if the Dual means just 2 conversions - or brand? I googled the term and got a bunch of hits - with one being a review of an HJC helmet (http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/hjc/is-multi/ ). Likely lots of reviews out there on this topic. Thanks for your post and hoping you find what you are looking for.
Back to top Go down
Timewarp_1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Information on Modular Helmets   Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 4:55 pm

I highly recommend a modular helmet. Be sure and try different ones on and get one that fits properly. They are shaped differently. I personally wear a Nolan helmet. It`s the only one that I found that fit me properly. It has literally saved my face.

Several years ago, while exiting the parking garage at my work place, the crossing arm malfunctioned and dropped striking the top of my helmet, sliding over my face shield and stopped across my chest. It pulled me backwards on the bike causing me to lose control. The bike swung to the side striking a car that was exiting next to me. My bike was totaled. Had it not been for my face shield the gate would have struck me in the face.

I will only wear a full face shield.
Back to top Go down
shirox
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Information on Modular Helmets   Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:24 am

I am using a Nolan Modular N43 air.
Its a normal daily riding helmet for me. But however, don't expect the quality to be like arai. lol
Overall, its a good helmet wiith its Wide view visor. The shades is also very helpful.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Information on Modular Helmets   Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:52 am

royr:
One thing I have noticed is that every helmet is shaped a little different, just like everyone's head. Some are rounder, some are more oval, some are longer front to back. The key is to find a helmet that fits YOUR head comfortably. Modulars are great. I have a Scorpion Exo 900. It fits me great and has plenty of features and vents. It doesn't fog up on me in cold weather and it doesn't get too hot in warm weather.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Information on Modular Helmets   Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:08 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Information on Modular Helmets   Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:48 pm

I always ride with the chin-bar in place on my N43.
Removing it makes taking the helmet off much easier for me.

At Customs and Passport Controls I remove the bar and tuck it in my H-Belt.
To have a full-face helmet on such occasions means taking the helmet off completely.

I have got an N102 flip-front but the width and depth of vision with the N43 is vastly superior.
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Information on Modular Helmets   Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:15 pm

I have strongly considered buying a modular helmet but since none of them seem to be SNELL approved I won't buy one. A full helmet can be a pain, but it's the least i can do to protect myself as much as possible if i am going to be spending so much time riding.

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Information on Modular Helmets   Information on Modular Helmets I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Information on Modular Helmets
Page 1 of 1