Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop

Go down 
+2
madcatta
Cornishman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop Empty
PostSubject: Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop   Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:52 am

I've fitted Ultraseal to my Silver Wing this morning. A method I've just implemented is to use a 60ml or larger, syringe. Instead of fitting the next to useless tubing to the bottle and squeezing until your hand aches, well mine does, fit the syringe to the tubing and fill the syringe with Ultraseal and inject. Remove the syringe from the tubing, refill, refit to tubing and repeat until desired amount is installed.

Bob
Back to top Go down
madcatta
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop   Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:55 am

Cornishman wrote:
I've fitted Ultraseal to my Silver Wing this morning. A method I've just implemented is to use a 60ml or larger, syringe. Instead of fitting the next to useless tubing to the bottle and squeezing until your hand aches, well mine does, fit the syringe to the tubing and fill the syringe with Ultraseal and inject. Remove the syringe from the tubing, refill, refit to tubing and repeat until desired amount is installed.

Bob

Hi Bob

I realise this is an old post but I was thinking of using this product on my Swing in Canberra, Australia and was wondering if you had some feedback on it's performance over the past year - did it work and did it have any detrimental effect on wheel balance and subsequently steering?

I've picked up a puncture in the front tyre it's a slow leak and i can't find the cause at this point but the Honda dealer has informed me that they will not plug a front tyre under any circumstances - so I'm up for a new tyre but thought i'd utilise the ultraseal product front and rear at the time of fitting the new tyre but i'd welcome some feedback?

I intend plugging the current front tyre if that proves possible and keeping it as a spare

Cheers
Scottie (aka Madcatta)
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop   Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:57 am

I haven't yet got round to using Ultraseal on my Silverwing - the bottle I bought was out-of-date - but had it in my X9 tyres.
Absolutely no ill-effects if you do what it says on the bottle.
It's impossible to know if it's worked unless you get a largish hole or take off the tyre and see what's sticking in it.
True, it will not seal all holes as I know to my cost. I had a blow-out at speed when the tyre delaminated and went very 'Bang' but that's unusual and Michelin replaced the tyre FOC as it was part of a faulty batch apparently.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop   Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:10 am

Madcatter, be sure you read the label on the local stuff.
The Green stuff can and will attack the alloy in the rim over time. I've stuffed up the rim on my MZ with it and the only way I could keep air in there was by going to a tube. It got under the powder coating while seriously pitting the wheel as well.
I wish I had had a camera with me when the tyre was changed.
Back to top Go down
madcatta
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop   Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:29 am

Cheers Kurt, I'll watch out for that - I sent ultraseal australia an email today requesting a bit more detail so unless I'm satisfied with the response I won't be using it
Scottie
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop   Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:40 am

I've never had a problem with Ultraseal or OKO. As to it's effectiveness, it must work - I've never had a puncture
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop   Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:30 am

madcatta wrote:
I realise this is an old post but I was thinking of using this product on my Swing in Canberra, Australia and was wondering if you had some feedback on it's performance over the past year - did it work and did it have any detrimental effect on wheel balance and subsequently steering?

KurtPerthWA wrote:
The Green stuff can and will attack the alloy in the rim over time. I've stuffed up the rim on my MZ with it and the only way I could keep air in there was by going to a tube.

I have a large John Deere tractor 455 tractor ... next larger size was a
farm tractor.

Do not use the green stuff (Slime), after having in the tire for 12-14 months I was continually getting flats. After I removed the tire the green Slime was now gelatin and useless to protect any holes. I believe the Slime deteriorated the both tires from the inside, cause you could see the tire rubber weakened in spots.

After cleaning the inside tire thoroughly, I added an inner tube and Ulraseal over two years ago and I have not had any problems with leaks. Since the tractor is low speed, I cannot answer your question about out-of-balance.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop   Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:51 pm

I use Ultraseal all the time.

It does work! When I replaced a previous rear wheel I was shown the 13 potential punctures by the tyre fitter. Neatly plugged by the minute slivers of vulcanised rubber. I was impressed and can only say that having UltrSeal in your tyres has to better than not having it and then relying upon some form of roadside repair.

As for the balancing qualities. The product is semi fluid and as such coats the inside of the tyre evenly thus preventing wobble or inbalance. After initially installing the product it will have pooled at the bottom of the tyre and they recomment a 10 minute ride to disperse the UltraSeal around the inner surface. Even then I have never noticed and inbalance.

Gets a big thumbs up from me. Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
madcatta
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Ultraseal   Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:06 am

Hi All,

Just some feedback on the supposed puncture I had in my front wheel as it turns out the tyre was leaking around the rim, the bead seal had broken so the tyre merely required refitting and the bead resealed around the rim - all fixed no need to replace the tyre. My local scooter shop said it sometimes happens - maybe I hit a big bump and broke the seal or it wasn't fitted properly to start with - not sure how it could be okay for 3500k and suddenly start leaking?

I was also considering utilising the puncture prevention product Ultraseal but it seems despite the the company having an Australian website and contact numbers the trail appears to lead nowhere - go figure?

Cheers

Scottie
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop   Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:20 am

madcatta wrote:
Hi All,
I was also considering utilising the puncture prevention product Ultraseal but it seems despite the the company having an Australian website and contact numbers the trail appears to lead nowhere - go figure?

Cheers

Scottie

There are a few similar products to UltraSeal. Gloop to name one. Can't think of the others at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop   Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installing Ultraseal. Tyre gloop
Page 1 of 1