Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))

Go down 
+4
MikeO
tinman
honda_silver
The Scootist
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) Empty
PostSubject: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:32 am

First, I would like to extend my wish to everyone to have a very happy and safe holiday season. However or whereever you celebrate, I hope your Holiday celebration turns out just as you want. This year we are beginning a sort of transition in how we celebrate our holidays. Our kids are both in college now, so we will only see them for a limited amount of time, and my wife's twin sister and her family are spending the Holidays in Mexico, so we won't have our usual family get together.

This year my wife was having a difficult time deciding what to get me for Christmas, so yesterday she handed me her credit card and said pick out something for your scooter. I jumped right on that and thought "Well OK then... here we go". After considering many possibilities, I ended up ordering a couple of very practical items from the Motorcycle Superstore including a set of riding pants (Firstgear HT Air Overpants), some heated grips, and a set of very nice auxillary head lights (PIAA 1100). I placed the orders yesterday and am awaiting their arrival - hopefully in time for Christmas. I just hope the weather cooperates and I can ride again soon. We have had a little snow and ice over the past few weeks, and everytime it looks like the roads will clear off enough to ride, we get a little more. It is rather frustrating....
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:18 pm

The Scootist wrote:
This year my wife was having a difficult time deciding what to get me for Christmas, so yesterday she handed me her credit card and said pick out something for your scooter.

So you must have been on the "nice" list then santa
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Bill:
Apparently I managed to not piss her off too much...
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:08 am

Season's Greetings swing riders . I ordered my leg deflectors from chiswikhonda yesterday. They quoted a price of 87.66 GBP and 22.80 shipping.
When I place my order,they added another 20.00 GBP to the cost.
That prices it at $215.08 . My bank charged $40. 00 for money transfer.
A total of $255.08.
Santas Reindeer insurance must have gone up.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:35 am

Tinman:
I would be interested in hearing more about the leg deflectors. How well do they work? Sometimes it seems like I get quite a bit of wind on my knees and it would be nice to have a little better protection.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:33 am

The scootist. My bank transfer was sent yesterday and it takes 24 to 48 hours to complete the transfer. I doubt I will receive them before the holidays ,and the installation will be done in the spring. My information is that they work very well ,and they look like honda quality modification.
If you PM me I will give you or anyone the email for the right contact
person.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:36 pm

My experience:

Without wind-deflectors - trouser-legs flapped.
With wind-deflectors - they don't.

I'm not sure whether they make much difference to the comfort of my knees as I usually wear long-johns unless it's very warm and the deflectors were fitted a week or so after I collected the bike from the dealer - it was September so the weather was good.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Last summer I wore wind pants over my jeans. If I can eliminate one pair,
on a hot day , The leg deflectors would make the ride more enjoyable, and added comfort on a cold one.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:08 pm

tinman wrote:
Season's Greetings swing riders . I ordered my leg deflectors from chiswikhonda yesterday. They quoted a price of 87.66 GBP and 22.80 shipping.
A total of $255.08.

It looks like the £20.00 that Chiswick Honda added to your order was the 20% Value Added Tax added to the basic price of the leg wind deflectors. It's the sales tax we pay on almost all consumer items.

You may get stung for Import Duty before you take delivery of them too. Sad
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:07 pm

I came to that conclusion also,and the import duty .Everyone wants there pound of flesh. motorcycle :lol!:
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:17 pm

On Dec 7 I ordered mirror extension from puredrivecustoms. I received
my Visa bill ,but no extension. I hope I did not get ripped off . No
Back to top Go down
Rasherman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 5:12 am

In the UK, the Leg deflectors are GBP 105.19 inc VAT and GBP 87.66 excluding VAT. The VAT is GBP 17.53.
I understood that when shipping to the USA and Canada VAT was not charged, so I'd be checking out what the additional £20 is supposed to cover. B
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 5:48 am

The bank transfer has been sent. I will wait until they receive payment.
There will be paper works that should explain it all.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 6:36 am

It's a bit of a minefield buying mail order stuff from abroad. I've already posted somewhere about being shafted for Import Duty at Parcelforce depots when collecting packages of gear ordered from Aerostich in the US, even though there's a Duty-Free Allowance for small value items. As Rasherman says they have no reason to charge VAT, but the paperwork will reveal all.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:47 am

Yup with a 5 hour time difference I will sit another day and twirl my
thumbs .
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Meldrew wrote:
tinman wrote:
A total of $255.08.

It looks like the £20.00 that Chiswick Honda added to your order was the 20% Value Added Tax added to the basic price of the leg wind deflectors. It's the sales tax we pay on almost all consumer items.

You may get stung for Import Duty before you take delivery of them too. Sad

If they added VAT for an export order, ask for it back! Naughty, naughty...!
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 11:08 am

Got a nice Christmas gift from my boys. A Scalarider TeamSet Pro for me and Mama. There will be many mods and looking TO spring time, to ride again. santa :rendeer: motorcycle
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 1:54 pm

My wife surprised (shocked) me with a set of the Model 30 spot light LEDs ( http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-8/Model-30-LED-off/Detail.bok ).
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi Bill,

I really like the waterproof light switch they offer on that sight.

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-4/Waterproof-Switch/Detail.bok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))   Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season's Greetings! - (and what I got my bike for Christmas))
Page 1 of 1