Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Frustration! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Frustration! I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Frustration! I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Frustration! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Frustration! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Frustration! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Frustration! I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Frustration! I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Frustration! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Frustration! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Frustration!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

Frustration! Empty
PostSubject: Frustration!   Frustration! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:16 pm

Well, This sucks. Registered for classes at University of Texas El Paso and went to get parking permits. Want to ride SWing to class when the weather's nice and to save wear on the cage. Long story short, NO motorcycle passes are available for this semester so it looks like I will be driving my F150 this semester. The only lots available for car passes are the remote lots. As in nowhere REMOTEly near classes.
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Frustration! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frustration!   Frustration! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:04 pm

I don't understand. Why can't you use the parking pass on the Silverwing? You'd save some gas and still be able to ride.

Chris
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Frustration! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frustration!   Frustration! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:34 pm

Sounds like a bunch of anti-cyclites!
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Frustration! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frustration!   Frustration! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:02 pm

The passes are adhesive and specific as to vehicle. If I tried, I'd get a ticket for sure. I'll just buy as early as possible for the next semester.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Frustration! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frustration!   Frustration! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:26 pm

10. MOPEDS, MOTORCYCLES AND MOTOR SCOOTERS: Must be parked in motorcycle parking areas in zones where motorcycle parking exists and may not occupy automobile parking spaces (exception – Red, Orange, Blue and Green Zones where motorcycle parking areas are not available). They must be registered as a motorcycle with the Parking and Transportation Services Department and must display a valid University parking permit on the right fork or fender.

If you can park in Red, Orange, Blue or Green Zones ... then you could park in an automobile parking spot. Then I would tell them that you want a car permit for motorcycle to park in the lots.

ONE additional adhesive permit may be purchased for an additional fee upon proof that the second vehicle is a convertible vehicle or motorcycle.

Or purchase the "ONE additional adhesive permit"

Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3299
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Frustration! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frustration!   Frustration! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:35 pm

My approach----go right to School president's office and bitch loud and hard. Schools are business and need your money----tell 'em you will go someplace else, get local TV and Newspapers in.

Freedom of choice for what you drive should still be around. I do have 2 degrees and fought Ed idiots many times.

Bottom line: you need to be treated same as car people.

I hope you were clear in stating for scooter there is no parking nearby. Educators often fail you realize you are paying customer and without you they might have to get real job.
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Frustration! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frustration!   Frustration! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:13 pm

There is parking, just that there are no more permits available for this semester. They are also building more parking areas they just haven't finished them yet. As far as taking money elsewhere, that would require moving or very long commute.
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Frustration! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frustration!   Frustration! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Bill, I'll check with Parking the next time I'm in the area or maybe when school starts. I'd still have to park in the remote (green) lots and shuttle in to main campus area.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Frustration! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frustration!   Frustration! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:28 pm

DarthJ wrote:
Bill, I'll check with Parking the next time I'm in the area or maybe when school starts. I'd still have to park in the remote (green) lots and shuttle in to main campus area.

Good.

I would check if the "ONE additional adhesive permit" would be a full motorcycle permit or a "green parking" lot ... it would not hurt to ask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Frustration! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frustration!   Frustration! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frustration!
Page 1 of 1