Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas

Go down 
+2
JeffR_
Opalsboy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas Empty
PostSubject: Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas   Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:35 am

Here are a couple of links showing recent rides Debbie and I have taken.

The first is of me in the local county fair parade. I won "Best Motorcycle" award which included a $10 cash reward.
https://picasaweb.google.com/103059996902834582977/2011ClevelandCountyFairParade?authkey=Gv1sRgCOuFqPTR7onwgwE

The second group is a few pictures taken this past weekend of Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas. It was a beautiful day for a ride. Not a cloud in the sky and perfect temperature. Dozens and dozens of bikes in the area.

https://picasaweb.google.com/103059996902834582977/QueenWilhelminaStatePark?authkey=Gv1sRgCNSBiveay9zlEA
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas   Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:01 am

Gary,

Nice pics. I wonder why there is a Queen Wilhelmina State Park in Arkansas? She is the grandmother of the Queen of Holland and I wonder what she had to with Arkansas. I bet my wife would like to go there since she is Dutch and the Dutch sure do love their Queens. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas   Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:21 am

The Talamena trail goes across the top of the mountains and is a beautiful ride when the leaves are changing colors in the fall. Nice pictures Gary, but I wonder what the people were looking at behind you in the parade. Did the nudist colony have a float? Smile affraid
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas   Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:10 am

Question Jeff asked??? "I wonder why there is a Queen Wilhelmina State Park in Arkansas?" Question

http://www.queenwilhelmina.com/history/default.aspx

Glad you asked... I didn't know this myself. I am not around a lot of Dutch here in Cleveland County. Unless they are disguised as chicken farmers.

Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas   Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:25 am

Gary, Queen Wilhelmina has been one of my favorite destinations over the years. The Lodge rates are very reasonable, especially during the week. Their coffee is the best. Last time I was there, (summer of 2010) the park train conductor told me that he might be selling or closing down the train ride but I can see that it's still running. There used to be an animal zoo at the park but it's been closed for a awhile. Black and brown bears sometimes appear along the Talamena trail. Hope someday I will run into a forum member up there.
Back to top Go down
http://gentry.hugh@gmail.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas   Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:57 am

"Black and brown bears sometimes appear along the Talamena trail. Hope someday I will run into a forum member up there."

I will meet you there if you ever decide to make another trip up. I was impressed with the place. I am thinking of planning an overnight visit sometime soon. The leaves are just beginning to turn. In another week or two those guys are gonna be spectacular.

Any other forum member that might be interested in a meet up at Wilhelmina get back with us and we will see what we can develop.

My wife is from Murfreesboro about 90 miles away. The only diamond mine in north America is located there.

So many unique places to see in Western Arkansas.
Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas   Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:13 pm

The scenery and climate (prevailing winds, temp) are almost unique to Arkansas. I've told people that the Talimena trail is amazing for this area of our country. For those unfamiliar with the drive, it's a 26 mile (at least) winding staircase that will challenge your throttle and your brakes all going in just one direction. Located between Mena, Arkansas and Talihena, Oklahoma, it gets its name. And of course there's Queen Wilhelmina Lodge at the eastern end.
I would love to meet you and all forum members for this location but am limited in large part to my being a live-in caregiver for my mother. That's why I didn't go to the STO rally. At some point in time I will be traveling again.
Also, I've camped overnight in Murfreesboro to dig for diamonds. It can get very hot in summertime.
Looking forward to eventually connecting with you and others with our chosen rides.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas   Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:18 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
The second group is a few pictures taken this past weekend of Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas. It was a beautiful day for a ride. Not a cloud in the sky and perfect temperature. Dozens and dozens of bikes in the area.

https://picasaweb.google.com/103059996902834582977/QueenWilhelminaStatePark?authkey=Gv1sRgCNSBiveay9zlEA

https://picasaweb.google.com/103059996902834582977/QueenWilhelminaStatePark?authkey=Gv1sRgCNSBiveay9zlEA#5664678760090340386

"Debbie right before I pushed her."

Was it premeditated??
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas   Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Bill, actually, it was postmedicated... Suspect I took all my meds about an hour earlier. Don't know what happened after that. Big baby kept screaming and I had to finally climb down to get her. Shocked

Gar, you certainly have a higher priority to take care of your mom while you can and she needs you. I would love to have an opportunity to hug mine again. And I will someday.

Back to top Go down
Gar Gentry
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Gar Gentry

PostSubject: Re: Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas   Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Gary said:
I would love to have an opportunity to hug mine again. And I will someday.

Yes you will.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas   Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
Question Jeff asked??? "I wonder why there is a Queen Wilhelmina State Park in Arkansas?" Question

http://www.queenwilhelmina.com/history/default.aspx

Glad you asked... I didn't know this myself. I am not around a lot of Dutch here in Cleveland County. Unless they are disguised as chicken farmers.

I have been to the park atop Rich mountain back when I was a kid. I found the link very informative. I'd love to be a part of a meet up there some time in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas   Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena Arkansas
Page 1 of 1