Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-06-25

Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? Empty
PostSubject: Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors?   Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:30 pm

I have a British work colleague who will be coming to the US to meet with me in mid-October, and he is willing to bring the leg deflectors with him. I only need this done if I decide to purchase a new set from a UK Honda dealership, which may turn out not to be the case if some other alternatives turn out to be possible. In any case, I am planning for the possibility that I need him to bring them. In order for him to determine if he can do it he needs to know if they will fit in his suitcase. That means that I need to know the exact outside dimensions of the leg deflectors. As they are boomerang shaped the dimensions are a little awkward. The dimensions I need outside edge to outside edge are:
>> Length: Measure from outer edge edges of the tips at each end.
>> Width: Draw an imaginary line from the outer edges of the tips at each end. If they are mounted on the bike these are the edges closest to the back of the bike. Measure from this line to the outside (front) edge of the bend.
>> Height: Measure the distance from the surface of the fairing to the outside surface of the deflector.

Thanks for your help folks!
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors?   Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:34 pm

While I cannot give you exact dimensions, I do remember when I recieved my package from the UK they were in a box that was I believe 15x15 square.
About 2 inches deep.
So they should definitely fit into most suit cases. They are very light weight and do not take up much space.

Dan

Last edited by dspevack on Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

PostSubject: Re: Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors?   Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:11 pm

Thanks Dan - that helps. Does anybody else by any chance have more exact dimensions? I'd like to have the exact measurements before I tell him.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors?   Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:16 pm

Top to bottom = 21"
Width (boomerang) = 10"

Just been out and measured it.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors?   Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Anyone remember high school geometry?
Forgot how to figure the size of the legs based on a right triangle with a 21 inch hypotenuse.

Dan
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors?   Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:54 pm

dspevack wrote:
Anyone remember high school geometry?
Forgot how to figure the size of the legs based on a right triangle with a 21 inch hypotenuse.

Pythagorean formula:

(a * a) + (b * b) == (c * c)
(a squared) + (b squared) == (c squared)
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors?   Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:08 pm

c*=21x21=441
441/2=220.5
a*=220.5
b*=220.5
Square root of a or b is 14.8492424049175
So it is almost 15 inches along either side.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors?   Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:46 pm

Just think of fitting them in a box 21" x 14" and there you have it. Smile

Cheers,

p.s. the angle isn't 90ยบ on the deflectors so all that mental arithmetic was a waste of good braincells!
Back to top Go down
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

PostSubject: Re: Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors?   Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Thanks guys! And thanks for reminding me of high school geometry! It was a lot of fun. But I think you guys remember it better than I do. Must be time to hit the books again. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors?   Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exact dimensions of Honda leg wind deflectors?
Page 1 of 1