Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TWJ74
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-09-07

Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel Empty
PostSubject: Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel   Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:22 pm

From TWJ74
I have a new 2010 swing and there is a lot of black brake and or belt dust on the left side if the back wheel along with oil from the drive ,is this a problem?or is it the nature of the beast?The swing only has 1700 miles on it.After 200 miles or so with some interstate rideing it really is a mess especially when it is a hot day it must be cleaned off after each ride.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel   Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:59 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel   Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:51 am

When i changed my final drive oil, i noticed that the oil went under the cover at the top, ran down inside, and dripped out of the bottom edge. There is a flange inside, partially guarding the clutch from this, directing it to the back somewhat and down. Take your cover off and it is clearly seen. Maybe thats what is happening, just a guess on my part. As for brake dust, ive never owned a bike that constantly had so much brake dust, it seems to get everywhere to! I have hh pads for it now, ill change them out this winter and see what happens. Next time the final is changed, im taking my covers off first!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel   Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:16 am

Tagg wrote:
As for brake dust, ive never owned a bike that constantly had so much brake dust, it seems to get everywhere to! I have hh pads for it now, ill change them out this winter and see what happens. Next time the final is changed, im taking my covers off first!

Regards brake dust!

Go faster, the slipstream will get rid of any dust trying to settle!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel   Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oil and black dust on left side of rear wheel
Page 1 of 1