Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Scooter article in Rider Magazine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

Scooter article in Rider Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Scooter article in Rider Magazine   Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:58 am

I just received my new issue of Rider magazine, and lo and behold, there is a full review of the Burgman 650 Executive. There is also considerable mention of scooters on the Editor's page. In short, they talk about the capability of Maxi Scooters for touring... a focus of the magazine, as well as the very real surge in Scooter sales. Interesting reading if you can get a copy. small moped
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Scooter article in Rider Magazine   Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:02 am

Which issue is this article in? thanks billc.
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

PostSubject: Re: Scooter article in Rider Magazine   Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:10 am

The October Issue, just released. It came in the mail yesterday.
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Scooter article in Rider Magazine   Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:12 am

Thanks ...billc.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Scooter article in Rider Magazine   Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Written by in-experienced tester----No mention of buffeting( all maxi scooters are bothered by this) Then....with greater price is it better or as good as Silverwing?

Gas mileage not in same league as SilverWing.

Nice to see some interest in scooters in bike magazines. Would nice to see some new developments in the 250 cc and over market----like auto adj valves, easy to remove plastic.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Scooter article in Rider Magazine   Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:13 pm

john grinsel wrote:
Written by in-experienced tester----No mention of buffeting( all maxi scooters are bothered by this) Then....with greater price is it better or as good as Silverwing?

Gas mileage not in same league as SilverWing.

Nice to see some interest in scooters in bike magazines. Would nice to see some new developments in the 250 cc and over market----like auto adj valves, easy to remove plastic.

And now, back to Steve with tonights sports roundup . .Steve.
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

PostSubject: Re: Scooter article in Rider Magazine   Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:44 am

I am curious to understand how John defines 'inexperienced tester'. The person doing the evaluation is Greg Drevenstedt, and is one of their most experienced testers, usually doing at least one bike test per issue. He also did a nice article in June 2010 about a 4 day trip through Thailand on a scooter, a Tmax if I recall correctly. In this same issue he does a tour test of the 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS. He does a lot of testing of so called Sport Tourers, so for him to do a test of a Maxi scooter should give a pretty good comparison to this type of bike.

In the review, besides specifics of the Burgman, he talkes about the fun factor and utility of scooters in general. That is very good press for us scooter enthusiasts from a well respected touring motorcycle magazine. This is good.

While I am typing, in the intro post for this thread I neglected to mention that the editorial page also mentions that BMW is looking to introduce 'a production twin cylinder C (for Commuter) scooter' in Europe next year in two gasoline powered versions. This could be interesting too. small moped
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Scooter article in Rider Magazine   Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:05 am

Nice article. Thanks for the post

GaryL wrote:
I am curious to understand how John defines 'inexperienced tester'. small moped

Simple answer - 'inexperienced tester' = anyone who does not have a disdain for the south, bathrooms in TN, less than 200,000 miles on rubber bands and who's initials are not J.G.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Scooter article in Rider Magazine   Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:12 am

I see the do gooders are editing my comments-----just sent comments on in-exxperienced tester and it didn't post.

I am all for scooters---but US Bike mags are not very critical...and should be.

John Grinsel Add bad fast food to dislike of TN.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scooter article in Rider Magazine   Scooter article in Rider Magazine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scooter article in Rider Magazine
Page 1 of 1