Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeby bjkaraoke Today at 7:30 am

» Left brake micro-switch
This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

This could have been the time

Go down 
+2
JeffR
Scooterian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

This could have been the time Empty
PostSubject: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Dear Friends,

Today was my first official ride of the 2009 riding season in Maine (54 degrees F). As I always do during the warmer months here, I rode out to do our weekly grocery shopping. I never knew grocery shopping could be so much fun before owning a SWing. Anyway, I rolled out to the parking lot and compared the mass of shopping items in my cart to my estimated cubic inch storage space. This could have been it. The time I over-shopped and would need to make two trips. But,, after carefully packing my Givi 370 topcase and the underseat storage area, I was able to transport (drum roll, please).....8 full bags of groceries!! My wife couldn't believe it when I got home. I had some sizable items in there too. Anyway, it's good to be back on 2 wheels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Its amazing how much stuff you can pack in
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:32 pm

Scooterian,

I bet it felt good to ride today and hope you get alot more riding in. Please post some pics of Maine when you ride during the year. I will see pics of Maine and it seems so nice up there. I just went shopping too today and picked up 8 plastic bags myself. I have the cheaper box that I bought on ebay which is about 39 liters. I'm sure you enjoyed it much more then I did, since I get to ride year round. Do you ever notice people staring at you when you pull a cart up to your bike and start to fill your bike up with bags? :yoyo:
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:50 am

Great feeling watching peoples faces as you wheel the shopping trolley out of the store and empty it into your scoot. I've had people say to me that they didn't think it was possible what I had just done.

Last edited by Cornishman on Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruiser
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
cruiser

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:21 am

:lol!: I'm with you scooterian, there are many times I've driven by the store on the way home from work just to hop on the cruiser to go back. I don't have a top case yet but one time I took this backpack I have, when I sat it up on the counter the clerk looked a me like i was crazy lol but it held 30+ lbs of groceris then I bungied it down to the seat and off I went.
:m/c:
It's a great fealing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:34 am

Oh a backpack is a great idea!!! Good for you. I can't wait to get a Givi case on top since already my compartment is about full of things I like to carry with me. I'm a women so I really pack my bike up...LOL
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:36 pm

Cool! I'll bet it felt great! I have actually heard people gasp when they saw the cavernous size of the space under the seat, then when they saw the top case, they had to ask "What kind of bike is that?"
Back to top Go down
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:42 pm

I love my SWing. But, we should all be serious here for a moment. With a top case installed, the Silverwing looks like something Dr. Seuss would ride. There, I said it. Understand, I love the SWing and Dr. Seuss, so it's not a problem with me.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:37 pm

Scooterian,

I know what you mean about the top case. I was thinking of this bag and getting rid of the top case:

http://cruiserbag.com/

It seems they look much nicer and I hear this has the most comfortable backrest there is. Leroy Beal has mentioned this on his site. It is also cheaper than the Givi top case and can store a lot of stuff too.

http://www.leroybeal.net/motorcycles/silverwing/articles/cruiserbag/cruiserbag.html
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:43 pm

I tend to leave the top box on, more often then not. It gives the SW a big tour bike look. And I like how the Admore L.E.D.'s give me great visibility, even on the side view.
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:27 am

I've always left the topbox on my scoots. I think it gives them greater road presence.

This could have been the time Scoote12 This could have been the time North_10 This could have been the time Burgma10

See my Album
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:13 am

Scooterian:
"Being cool" was never a part of my decision to buy a Swing. Fun? yes. Practical? yes. comfortable? yes. Reasonably fuel efficient? yes. Can I haul a lot of stuff? Hell yes!

But we all know that no body will EVER accuse a Swing rider of being cool. The majority of the realm of biker "Coolness" resides within those individuals who are compelled to spend at least three times as much money for a machine that isn't comfortable, doesn't handle nearly as well, is less fuel efficient, and breaks down a whole lot more often. Most of these bikes are called Harleys. We Swing riders see them broken down along the road fairly often as we go on about our business. I suppose you could say the group comprised of "sport riders" is pretty cool in their own way, but since so many sport riders don't live long enough to really perfect the concept of coolness it is hard to say they are really cool...

Me? I'm with you Scooterian, I happen to like Dr, Seuss.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:17 am

The Scootist wrote:
But we all know that no body will EVER accuse a Swing rider of being cool.

I been accused of being cold from the weather but not cool. :lol!:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:06 pm

I want to get a Givi trunk and some of the reason is for the extra lights on the back. I always need extra storage and also now want the extra weight on the back so maybe at some point I can be flat footed! I like the case that fits in the step through area which I saw I think in the Givi catalog. But of course I need the step through also. I never ride anyone and would like something to put in that area where the second rider would be. Maybe something that would hook to the Givi case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This could have been the time   This could have been the time I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This could have been the time
Page 1 of 1