Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 2:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 12:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 2:05 am

» LF extended back rest
New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 11:21 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:28 am

» Drive belt prices
New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:01 am

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:37 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New MRA Vario Touring Screen

Go down 
+4
DickO
Jinglebob
AAAA
@TRider
8 posters
AuthorMessage
@TRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
@TRider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-03-01

New MRA Vario Touring Screen Empty
PostSubject: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi guys,

There is a great deal of discussion on the forum about the Givi replacement screen and it's benefits. Other screens do get a mention, I have gone for the MRA Vario screen instead from HPS mail order in the UK, it was £107 without the delivery charge.

The screen gives the bike a much 'sportier' look from the front, much like a Suzuki sportsbike, but is considerably shorter than the stock screen, with the top of the screen sitting just above the level of the mirrors. However the noise reduction is considerable, which was my biggest problem with the stock version. I have not tested how well it works over 50 MPH, but certainly up to that speed it is very effective. Being that low however I suspect that the trade off will be an element of weather protection.

Take a look at the picture, I think it looks pretty good.

@Trider

Attachments
New MRA Vario Touring Screen AttachmentMRA Screen jpg.jpg
Bike shot with new screen attached
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(183 Kb) Downloaded 281 times
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:09 pm

I like the tinted screen, very much!
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:05 pm

That's a pretty good looking setup...actually, speaking as a Givi Airflow owner, I like the way the Vario looks better than the Givi. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on how effective the Vario is at freeway/interstate/motorway speeds.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:37 pm

Jinglebob wrote:
That's a pretty good looking setup...actually, speaking as a Givi Airflow owner, I like the way the Vario looks better than the Givi. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on how effective the Vario is at freeway/interstate/motorway speeds.

+1 !
Has anyone even tried tinting an airflow?
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:52 pm

Looks nice... but... is tinting wise on a SWing (or any mc windshield)?? Being a 3 year newbie, I don't think I've even ever seen one of those and didn't even think it would be allowable (but obviously is), what with the sometimes limited nighttime visibility. Just makes me wonder.
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:28 pm

If you were looking through the windscreen, I'd agree about the tinting. These windscreens, however, are really about deflecting and redirecting windflow, not to look through as with a car windshield...therefore, the tinting is not an issue of significance...
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:11 pm

Jinglebob wrote:
If you were looking through the windscreen, I'd agree about the tinting. These windscreens, however, are really about deflecting and redirecting windflow, not to look through as with a car windshield...therefore, the tinting is not an issue of significance...

+1
And they just look better IMO. I think ill call around tomorrow and see who can do it, if anyone.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:33 am

DickO wrote:
Looks nice... but... is tinting wise on a SWing (or any mc windshield)?? Being a 3 year newbie, I don't think I've even ever seen one of those and didn't even think it would be allowable (but obviously is), what with the sometimes limited nighttime visibility. Just makes me wonder.

Had me wondering for a while, then thinking about how I ride I really can't see it would make a difference! Most of us on here at some point have discussed how we actually look OVER the top of the screen rather than look THROUGH the screen.

So having a tinted screen is pretty much a waste never mind allowable.

Doesn't detract from the fact it does look good though.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
@TRider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
@TRider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:35 am

Waspie you are right, this screen is about level with the top of my chest so you don't really have to worry about looking through the screen, even if you aren't that tall (I am 6ft).

Jinglebob, I had the bike up to about 60 MPH this morning and the difference in noise levels between it and the stock screen is huge. What I really need to know is how it works at 70MPH plus, at which point I find the noise generated by the Honda screen unbearable!

More to follow.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:31 am

I have a Clearview windshield ( http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=29 ) which has an option for light grey tint.

I have not had any problems with my light grey tint.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:47 am

Are you sure that gray tint isn't just a reflection of your hair? Razz

honda_silver wrote:

Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:08 am

Speed performance has been covered but I would be interested to know about the long distance / touring performance of the screen. It certainly looks good. Tint not an issue as instrument lights are always on, (not sure about US models but EU version has dipped beam on when ignition is on.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:12 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Are you sure that gray tint isn't just a reflection of your hair? Razz

honda_silver wrote:

I alway wear my helmet ... and my helmet is white Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:38 am

Hey, @TRider...don't go getting a speeding citation just to test the windshield at high speed.... Shocked

I've noticed that with the Airflow at the lowest setting (where I have it in the summer to get some air onto me), there is a bit of buffeting at highway speeds (65+). Next highway run, I'm going to raise the upper part a bit and see if that smooths it out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New MRA Vario Touring Screen   New MRA Vario Touring Screen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New MRA Vario Touring Screen
Page 1 of 1