Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 12:04 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. Empty
PostSubject: Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing.   Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:14 pm

The first hose that you should replace on a Silver Wing is the small hose that runs underneath the oil filter. Go buy the OEM hose it costs 6 to 8 bucks. Buy a small long funnel and some 50/50 antifreeze mix. We're well under $20 bucks. The reason you should replace this hose first is because stuff of the road is hitting it at 70 mph and hot oil from the filter is falling onto it.

Put Silver Wing on center stand and remove ticket box. Next remove Radiator cap. Once bike has cooled of unscrew hose clamps and remove hose. Watch antifreeze mix ooze out. Hose will slide off easily. Put new hose and clamps on. There will be a notch on both side that you slide the hose up to. Stick funnel into radiator cap opening NOT THE BULK TANK and fill radiator up with 50/50 MIX. Gently shake bike to remove air in hoses. If you turn bike on without starting it and the fan comes on that means that there is air in the hoses which is rare but it does happen. Pour more 50/50 mix into radiator. Turn bike on if fan does not come on then there is no air in the hoses. Start your Silver Wing and go riding. Congratulation you've just installed a new radiator hose!

Note: If you try to operate your Silver Wing with air in the hoses then in about 2 minutes the emergency overheat light will come on.
Back to top Go down

Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing.   Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:18 pm

If your Silver Wing is over 2 years old then go ahead and go to your local Honda dealer and order Hose A, Water (the shorter of the two the longer one goes vertically onto the water pump which is not the hose I'm talking about here) and Hose B, Oil Cooler and go ahead and put them under the trunk. This entire purchase is less than $10 at most Honda dealers!
Back to top Go down

Replacing hoses on your Silver Wing.
Page 1 of 1