Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 7:17 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service Empty
PostSubject: Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service   Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Last summer, I bought a Scorpion EXO-900 helmet in "don't hit me" hi-vis yellow. Since then, I've had two opportunities to call their Customer Service. I'm amazed.

The first time was because the visor seemed to leak rain water on the inside and it was fogging up badly at the same time. They sent a new visor with no questions asked. Okay, that's great. Since then, I learned how to adjust the visor better so it leaks far less and the inside doesn't fog up. So I'm inadvertently up one visor. Nice.

This is a modular helmet and the chin piece lifts up with a red latch in the middle. I was standing outside of Walmart (after buying my Shell Rotela T6 oil for the 4000 mile service) and that plastic red latch broke! Now what?! How do I get this helmet off? Well, after pulling my ears off, I did manage to get it off, and I called up Scorpion Customer Service that night. They were closed, so I left a message...and heard that it might take a few days for them to get back to me.

The next morning shortly after 9am, I got a call from Doug. I explained what happened and he said they would send out the mechanism and explained how to swap it out. He didn't ask for a receipt for proof of purchase date or anything. Just my address.

Well today, the "mechanism" arrived. But not just the latch mechanism inside —— but the entire chin piece. Wow!

I paid a little more for this helmet than some of the others on the market. But this kind of Customer Service is superb and not "normal".

Chris
Back to top Go down
Acquit
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Acquit

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service   Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:52 am

Daboo wrote:
Last summer, I bought a Scorpion EXO-900 helmet in "don't hit me" hi-vis yellow.
Chris

It's so nice when you actually get real customer service these days - the Bestbuy model of "if it breaks don't bother us bother the manufacturer" (if you can find them) approach seems to be everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service   Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:11 pm

I've just bought a Scorpion EXO-900 Signal, that's the hi-viz yellow one with black graphics, and I've ordered an amber visor to replace the grey tinted internal sun visor. I'd rather have something that's effective in dull flat light, and I'll fit a Super Visor peak to cut down the sun dazzle

I have read a few posts elsewhere about rain ingress onto the middle of the visor due to the design of the rubber seal on the helmet, and reading Daboo's post makes me think that Scorpion maybe haven't sorted out the problem yet. Apart from that, I'm pleased with the EXO, and I'll now pension my Nolan N101 off.
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service   Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Meldrew, you'll find some adjustment screws on each hinge point. If yours leaks, try using those to tighten the fit of the visor. Mine works acceptably now.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service   Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:14 pm

I've just had a look at my helmet and there's one either side of the hinge point, so I'll try that first if I have a problem. Thanks for that Daboo, Seattle is a nice place too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service   Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpion EXO-900 Helmet Customer Service
Page 1 of 1