Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Grounded for Awhile

Go down 
+2
Lab Rat
jobo2mi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2011-06-06

Grounded for Awhile Empty
PostSubject: Grounded for Awhile   Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:04 pm

Well I'm off Big Red for a couple weeks!!

Housework is hazardous to your health! I had cleaned the house on Monday, everything done, floor mopped, dishes done, rugs shaken, vacuuming done, bird cages cleaned, litter boxes changed. All I had to do was take out the trash and I could sit down and relax the rest of the day.

Well, when I was loading the trash onto the sled to drag it all down to the dumpster, I tripped over the trash, fell and BROKE MY F**NG WRIST!!!

Neighbor heard me yell when I fell, came running out, helped me up, took me to the ER until they splinted me up and let me go (with some kick ass pain pills!! Wink ) Sooooooooooo no riding till I can handle the weight of Red again.

I guess my plans didn't really change much, I got to spend the rest of the day relaxing! I just got spend about an hour and a half in the local ER first!! Laughing

As soon as doc says I can ride, I'll be back on board. But I'm bummed right now. Sad

Back to top Go down
http://www.josbooks4kids.com
Lab Rat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Lab Rat

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Grounded for Awhile   Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:09 pm

I'm glad you're going to be okay. At least you managed to get all your work done before you hurt yourself. That would've been a bummer to spend time at the ER, knocked out of commission, and still have everything left undone. Heal up quickly!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Grounded for Awhile   Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:49 am

Get well soon JoBo, hope you recover swiftly to get back on the 'Wing'.

Domestic stuff can seriously damage your health.

A friend was recently replacing some slates on his roof, I believe you guys call them 'shingles'. He fell, broke his legs badly, this happened about 10 months ago. Monday he had his right leg amputated as a result of some problem with blood flow. He's quite stoic but what thing to happen. He has survived a term of duty in the army and a roof slate does more to his health.

So indeed, housework is dangerous. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Grounded for Awhile   Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Just read your post. Sorry to hear of your fall. What a bummer. Hope your up and riding soon.
Back to top Go down
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

PostSubject: Re: Grounded for Awhile   Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Went to hand ortho today ... wrist is still broken but healing ... he put a removable splint on (yay I can take a shower - boo I can do dishes!)

I asked doc before I left if I could ride - he hesitated but said as long as I don't overdo it and it doesn'T hurt, I CAN RIDE!!! cheers cheers

So guess what I'm gonna do this evening!!!!!! motorcycle

Gotta see if it is safe for me to handle the Swing .... I think it will be ok ... I've checked to see if I can do the brake on the left and I can. So it will just be a matter of whether I can handle the weight WITH the splint!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

PostSubject: Re: Grounded for Awhile   Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:13 pm

.... and I CAN'T!!! Sad Tried, but it takes more wrist strength than I thought to do both brakes ... and I am WAY too unbalanced using only the right brake, linked or not!!! WWAAAAAA Sad

Took a ride up to the end of the driveway (1/4 mile) but when I went to hit the brakes - even at the super slow speed I was going - I almost dropped him!!! Shocked

So no riding yet ... I am bummed!!!! Got to do a bit more healing ...
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Grounded for Awhile   Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi "jobo",
Sorry to hear about your mishap. I didn't break my wrist but I did severely strain my right thumb, index, and middle finger area when I once lost my balance going in to my garage (was trying to squeeze between the door and my truck). The bike dropped to the left and I tried mightily to hold a lot of the weight with that area of the right hand. Hurt it really badly. And that was over two years ago. Still get a bit of a "pang" when I muscle something the wrong way.

Anyway, hope your healing will be faster than mine. Be sure to give it plenty of rest so you can get back to riding sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Grounded for Awhile   Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:23 am

Patience JoBo, just take your time. It will mend. The more you long for a fix the longer it will take.

Grab a sheaf of A4 paper and practice making paper airplanes!!!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

PostSubject: Re: Grounded for Awhile   Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Just not the same ... just not the same ... Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Grounded for Awhile   Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Hey JoBo,

Like Waspie said you need to let yourself heal. There is lots of reading and posting you can do on this forum to pass the time. I found it quite nice during the winter months to be able to pass the time. Hang in there and you will be riding before you know it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Grounded for Awhile   Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:52 pm

Hello JoBo ... as others have said... be patient. Heal and when the time is right, you WILL ride again. Try it too early and you might mess something up more permanently.
Your doctor was teaching you a lesson in life by telling you CAN ride if you don't over do it and it doesn't hurt. A few years ago I had the rotor cup surgery. My doctor told me not to move my arm for a few weeks. After I got home from the hospital and the morphine wore off. NO ONE had to tell me "DO NOT MOVE YOUR ARM". I kept a loaded pistol by my chair in case someone asked me TO MOVE it. After a few weeks, I was able to get it an inch or two away from my chest. Just enough to get a wash cloth in the old arm pit for a gentle washing. I think it was early in the third month I could move it kinda normal.
The point is, forget about rushing the situation. You are still a young woman.
If you just have to ride... have someone put it on the center stand... get a fan to blow in your face and crank it up. Maybe get Cathy to come visit and yall can "ride" together. You might get some foul weather "riding" in with her. Razz Be sure to include pictures of the two of you.

Seriously.. get well soon.
Back to top Go down
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

PostSubject: Re: Grounded for Awhile   Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:03 am

LOLOLOLOL Thanks guys! I know I'll ride again this year, I am just impatient. I looked for my Swing for two years and now that I got him, I'm grounded after only three weeks of riding Sad I've already gone out and sat on him, cranked him up, and just 'vitually' rode him!! Wink

No more attempts to really ride until the wrist stops hurting! Doing dishes actually hurts a bit, I can't take the pressure on the wrist right now. I can gently, careully turn my wrist, enough to take a shower or as I said, do dishes, but putting even the pressure needed to hold a plate while I scrub it with my right hand? Nope! Have to brace the plate against the side to scrub it.

I expect another two or even three weeks before I can try again Crying or Very sad Not that I like it, but I'll do it ... but you may hear me complaining about it the whole time!!! LOL Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grounded for Awhile   Grounded for Awhile I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grounded for Awhile
Page 1 of 1