Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Refused to turn over this morning

Go down 
+4
DennisB
honda_silver
Scooterian
AAAA
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Refused to turn over this morning Empty
PostSubject: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 3:03 pm

So i was riding last night, using the high beams quit a bit. I stopped at the store on the way home, and it kinda stuttered before it started. Didnt think anything about it at the time. Today, cranked once, and dead. tested. 20 % charge? didn't believe it so off to the parts store, yep, 20% charge
nothing running but the high beams last night.

Any ideas? Ive never had electrical problems on a Honda before, ever!

It has never been a touch the starter and it goes thing, it has always turned 3-4 times before kicking on.
Back to top Go down
Scooterian
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Scooterian

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Could be a worn out battery. A while ago I stopped at a Dick's Sporting Goods and was in the store for about 10 minutes. When I returned to the SWing, nothing. Battery dead. No warning. I replaced the it with an O.E.M. battery from Honda. It seems to be a better battery and has lasted quite a bit longer than the off brand one. Most motorcycles run OK even when the battery is dead, but the SWing gets weird when the battery is low. I think it's because the SWing won't charge the battery at idle speeds.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Yea, ive been charging it all day now and it wont go over12.368 volts no matter how i charge it. I run r/c stuff and triton has a charger that will charge anything, anyway you want to. Can someone give me a number for an Odyssey battery that will work/fit the swing? with a few more cca? The batteries plus website is to mangled the way they want you to search.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Tagg wrote:
Can someone give me a number for an Odyssey battery that will work/fit the swing? with a few more cca? The batteries plus website is to mangled the way they want you to search.

I have been researching and watching the Shorai battery ( http://www.shoraipower.com/s-72895-FSC600-SilverWing.aspx ) ... smaller and more cold-cranking-amps (CCA).

Last edited by honda_silver on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 8:04 pm

My voltage does not go down when i hook up the battery. Lights come on, i can hear the fuel pump prime. and when i hit the starter my voltage does not drop, and the starter doesn't sound at all. Could it be the starter relay? which one is it?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Hey Tagg,

Almost sounds like the switch needs a good cleaning or check your emergincy red rocker switch next to your throttle.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 8:15 pm

First thing done! Im an old friend of the cutoff switch demon! Of course before hitting send just now, i had to go back and check, you know, just to be sure!. no fuses blown anywhere. Oh yea, its at 11.48 v, after charging all day and reinstalling it and trying a few times!
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Curious and I don't know if it tells us anything, but when you push the started switch, do the lights and other circuits switch off as they do ordinarily. Might indicate there is a bad switch.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 9:34 pm

Yea, the lights shut off as usual, im getting a new battery tomorrow, we will see if it fixes it. I suspect it will. Pisser is i only had it for 3 months, i knew i should have asked for a new battery, its from 08, and sat around till i bought the bike!
Back to top Go down
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Any chance the kickstand switch is bad? Maybe try jumping the switch connections.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:33 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 3:51 am

Tagg wrote:
Yea, the lights shut off as usual, im getting a new battery tomorrow, we will see if it fixes it. I suspect it will. Pisser is i only had it for 3 months, i knew i should have asked for a new battery, its from 08, and sat around till i bought the bike!

When I was much younger, I had a Corsica that would burn up an alternator about every 60k miles. If the alternator went south, it would usually take the battery with it. May be a good idea to have your swing's charging system tested. Others have also suggested great things to check too.

KB
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Yea, new battery, new bike!
Im getting 13.99 at 4000RPM. Is that normal?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Not bad Tagg,

My 08 would get 14.3
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:54 pm

I guess im right there then, brand new batt, fully charged wont take as much initially. Time to ride!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 8:10 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 8:55 pm

I went with the ytz14s, for the extra cca's. And you know, it only costs 10% more to go first class, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refused to turn over this morning   Refused to turn over this morning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Refused to turn over this morning
Page 1 of 1