Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Today at 9:04 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Howdy from Texas

Go down 
+10
Windrider
honda_silver
pancho
Waspie
"Hi Yo"
wayneliz
buddy19520
Opalsboy
Lab Rat
Somerled
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Howdy from Texas - Page 1 Empty
PostSubject: Howdy from Texas   Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

I'm a soldier at Fort Bliss Warrior Transition Unit (where they send you to recover from being wounded) having recently returned from Afghanistan. I have owned a SYM HD200 for a few years but when I landed here in El Paso where you can ride every day and had no wheels I started searching Craigslist for a decent scoot and fortune chanced me upon a Vietnam vet whose health was worse than mine and was looking to part with his '03 Silverwing 600 FSC. I got her for a song since he was happy to see her go to another soldier who'd seen lead fly in more than one direction. So far the only modifications I've made have been to replace the windshield with a GIVI (really essential in the high winds we have here) and a Bestem t-box in matching "Honda Red". I'm looking at doing some more serious mods soon such as a variator. I've been lurking here and read about the J Costa but can't find a supplier now that Scooter Trap only has the Polini listed. I'd appreciate any suggestions where else to look for purchase. Oh, and here's my scoot.

Last edited by Somerled on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas   Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:46 am

I thought some folks might like a gander at my entire stable. Doesn't that Hannigan on the BMW look pure evil?

Howdy from Texas - Page 1 204728_219376011421534_100000474111771_931821_1221927_o
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas   Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:54 pm

Here's my service dog, Baldur, ready to go for a ride.

Howdy from Texas - Page 1 Baldurinuniform
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas   Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Somerled wrote:
Here's my service dog, Baldur, ready to go for a ride.

Are the dog shoes to prevent burning his feet??

Have you ever seen Sandy the dog ( http://sandythedog.com/gallery/main.php ) movies??
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas   Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:51 pm

honda_silver wrote:

Are the dog shoes to prevent burning his feet??

Have you ever seen Sandy the dog ( http://sandythedog.com/gallery/main.php ) movies??

Yes they are to protect from burning his feet. There's a lot of super heated pavement here - not to mention cactus spines loose on the ground. They have Vibram soles and are the same ones our Military Working Dogs (MWDs) use.

http://www.ruffwear.com/Barkn-Boots-Grip-Trex_3?sc=2&category=11

No, I hadn't seen Sandy before. Great stuff! You obviously are very proud and deservedly so! I also have "Doggles" for Baldur and the same helmet. He's not so fond of the helmet since his ears go straight up. I may have to modify it or figure something else out.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas   Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 12:34 am

One thing most aftermarket windshields do for the SW is quiet things down for communication purposes. On of my riding partners riders couldn't hear me through my Sena BT on his SW with the OEM screen. Once I installed the Airflow in his bike our Bluetooth communications became very clear even at freeway speeds.

Hey Tom, here's hoping all comes out well for you and you're retired soon. I highly recommend retirement. Should have done it when I was 20.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas   Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 8:26 am

Salute and welcome from o-hi-o, nice looking ride.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas   Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 8:32 am

Hi Tom and Welcome! Thank you for your service from a Nam vet.

Great looking SWing along with the rest of the stable. Nice looking dog too. They make fantastic companions. I got a German Shepherd from a neighbor who lost his job and couldn't afford to feed and care for him. I knew Shadow from him living across the street from me. I'd play and wrestle with him most every day when I walked out to get the mail. I had him for about 4 years. He was around 12 years old when I had to put him down due to a tumor in his left hip. On the way to the Vet a song popped into my head that I hadn't heard for years. It was an old Rex Allen song from a Cowboy movie, "Last Roundup". The part where he sang, "Get along little doggie, get along, get along" came it was very hard to drive and see the road through the "Rain Storm" that was happening on my face. But at least he's up romping and stomping with my wife who passed away 2 1/2 years ago and are now waiting for me.

On a more pleasant note. When I go to meet them I've always wanted to explore Saturn and Jupiter and will start a bar on the best one and you are all invited for free drinks. Maybe Saturn tho and we can take tours of all the rings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas   Howdy from Texas - Page 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy from Texas
Page 1 of 1